The Gaza Crisis: Decision Time for Obama

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009
The Gaza Crisis: Decision Time for Obama

So why is it decision time for Obama? Israel feels itself increasingly in an existential crisis. Not only is Iran nearing a nuclear-weapons capability, but it has become increasingly vogue to delegitimize Israel. In the wake of the Gaza ship incident, Israel is going to see whether it has any allies left who will recognize its dilemma, recognize its security concerns, and support it as the crisis grows. Israel knows it can’t trust Europe. Indeed, Europe finances many of the groups which, if they don’t seek Israel’s destruction directly, nevertheless indirectly support terrorism.

If Obama decides it is in America’s interest to make an example of Israel after the Gaza flotilla incident in order to win goodwill in Cairo, Beirut, Tehran, and Ankara, then he must also recognize that the leadership in Jerusalem is going to conclude that it cannot trust the United States to safeguard its security, and that therefore it must take matters into its own hands on any number of issues, not the least of which is Iran’s nuclear program. In effect, if the White House decides to come down hard on Israel now, it is the same as giving a green light for Israel to strike Iran. That is not advocacy; it is just the realism about which President Obama is so fond.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/!%#...AxNDhhOWRiNTU=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel is between a hard place and a Barrack

It's Obamas time to decide ..will it be Israel or the rest of the Muslim nations who want to destroy Israel... Remember, Israel is like a badger cornered...they're fierce, technologically superior than most countries. They are on survival mode...

Ok..you anti-semites......I know you're itching to sound off against Israel.

Obama does not like Israel. he never has. A bunch of Jews are going to find out voting for him was a HUGE mistake.

I agree...so many jews voted for Obama..not thinking they were again walking into peril.

Thank you for serving...you're a great American!

Obama does not like Israel. he never has. A bunch of Jews are going to find out voting for him was a HUGE mistake.

I agree...so many jews voted for Obama..not thinking they were again walking into peril.
Yeah....so perilous that Obama is who (even) Nuttenyayhoo runs-TO....when the heats on.

:rolleyes:

"It is appropriate that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to meet with President Obama on Tuesday in Washington, because -- as always -- it is only American protection of Israel that permits the Israelis to engage in conduct like this. Initial reports speculate that Netanyahu would cancel that meeting in order to return to Israel in light of this attack. But there would be something quite symbolically appropriate about having the U.S. stand at the side of Israel in the aftermath of this latest massacre, because it is only the massive amounts of U.S. financial and military aid, and endless diplomatic protectionhttp://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/index.html, that enables Israel to act with impunity as a rogue and inhumane state."

Remember, Israel is like a badger cornered...
....Or (possibly) more like a burnt-out meth-freak....cornered....​

"We have pretended to be its friend, but we are the friend in the way your drug dealer is your friendhttp://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2010/06/20106162847943928.html, sitting with you late at night listening to your problems while hooking you up with your next fix - only in strange twist, the American people rather than the Israelis are paying for the habit their government and corporate elites grow richer sustaining.

We are the ultimate facilitators of this insane and immoral arrangement, which is part of our larger addiction to war that now reaches $1 trillion per year.

We cannot see Israel and the occupation for what they are, because to do so would be to look into the most uncomfortable mirror imaginable."

Personally I think Israel needs to quit being the bitch boy of the U.S. and do what they need to do to protect their citizens. Like every other country.

This will be a good test of Obama's political instincts. I predict he will make the wrong decision, as he has virtually every other time.
He can support Israel.
He can support Turkey
He can prevaricate and make cautious statements.
The last two will get him in trouble.

Personally I think Israel needs to quit being the bitch boy of the U.S. and do what they need to do to protect their citizens. Like every other country.

This will be a good test of Obama's political instincts. I predict he will make the wrong decision, as he has virtually every other time.
He can support Israel.
He can support Turkey
He can prevaricate and make cautious statements.
The last two will get him in trouble.

He has already fucked up, he allowed the US to vote for an "independent" investigation of the incident. Anyone with half a brain knows for one, the UN is far from Independent and that most of the world is anti Israeli. There will be no independent investigation at all.

Looks liek a repeat of the Goldstone fiasco. Pawning off responsibility on an "independent" body sure doesnt look like leadership to me.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....they should Go it, alone! (i.e. The Lil' Dumbya option), huh?

:rolleyes:

Personally I think Israel needs to quit being the bitch boy of the U.S. and do what they need to do to protect their citizens.

Yeah like allowing in only a fraction of the humanitarian aid, food, and medicine that Gaza needs. Cause if you can kill a Palestinian while they're young, they cant be a terrorist later... :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong I dont want to portray all Palestinians and muslims as helpless victims of the Israelis but it is clear that Israel is engaged in inhumane, immoral, and unethical policy/behavior in its treatment of the Palestinans. And its this inhumane, immoral, and unethical behavior that further gives credence to the rest of the world that Israel is, well, evil.

Personally I think Israel needs to quit being the bitch boy of the U.S. and do what they need to do to protect their citizens.

Yeah like allowing in only a fraction of the humanitarian aid, food, and medicine that Gaza needs. Cause if you can kill a Palestinian while they're young, they cant be a terrorist later... :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong I dont want to portray all Palestinians and muslims as helpless victims of the Israelis but it is clear that Israel is engaged in inhumane, immoral, and unethical policy/behavior in its treatment of the Palestinans. And its this inhumane, immoral, and unethical behavior that further gives credence to the rest of the world that Israel is, well, evil.

YOU are a liar, Israel provides all the aid that is needed. Most at their own cost.

The Palestinians arent being denied anything. That is a canard.
And Egypt equally has a blockade of Gaza but I dont hear you bemoaning Egypt's treatment of Palestinians.

....And, there are more-than-a-few Israelis who aren't all-that-happy about others' opinions (of Israel), because o' their Right Wing nut-jobs' actions!!

Solidarity_Rally1.jpg

YOU are a liar, Israel provides all the aid that is needed. Most at their own cost.

Source?

BBC News - Guide: Gaza under blockade The BBC here doesnt really paint a picture of Israel providing "all that is needed."

The Pals are only reaping what they have sown over the years. They have used devious trick after devious trick to smuggle in arms and this is no different. This is exactly what they wanted but Israel had to make sure no weapons were going to get in to be used against their people. Israel is damned if they do and damned if they don't, which is exactly what these terrorist murdering scum want. The really sad part is all of these bleeding heart morons who will condemn Israel.

Forum List

Back