The Gay-Straght Alliance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Semper Fi, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    This week is homecoming, so today at West Valley High School, was our homecoming parade. The GSA didnt have a float, instead they walked, and 4 of them held beams, and on the beams were hangers with clothes attached to them. The theme this year is the House, so the freshman did the bathroom, the seniors had the porch, ect. The gays had the closet.

I want your input one what you think of having a Gay-Straght Alliance in high school. What they do there I do not know. Exchange recipes perhaps?

2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    First off, there's NOTHING "gay" about queers. Second, that's right along the lines of teaching CHILDREN that being a faggot is OK. Any part, no matter what it may be, of the homosexual agenda, has any place, in any school. It's a perverted, disgusting, sexual perversion choice, and normal people should NOT have to be subjected to it in a public place. Schools are public.

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Can't add to that!

4. sun1331

sun1331 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I went to a high school where we had a very large GSA, There is nothing wrong with it. Just because some stupid book( yes i said the bible was stupid) says we have to be with seperat genders we agree. Yeah right. If that is the only thing people follow from the bible then they are all ignorent and its just wrong.. How about instead of complaining about something you don't understand and never will you just leave it alone. If you keep a closed mind you wont get anywhere in they business world.

I'm sorry if my view makes anyone mad but i just have to stand up for people that get trampled on.. Oh yeah i say WAY togo for a chance for gay people to get married.

Cristina

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Homosexual lifestyles are destructive. They harm the participants. That's biology - not religion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Look christina, people do not have to accept the gay lifestyle. They have a right to think it's wrong. What most people here object to is being told we must APPROVE of being gay.

7. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Gay couples can enjoy every legal right of marriage through a civil union binding in most states.

When they insist on using the trademark of the term 'marriage', that infringes on the long held tradition of that sanctity in all religious history.

Marriage is about procreation, and not lust or even love. Homosexuals can call it whatever they want as a civil union but they don't have rights to force society to recognize them as married.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Young and idealistic--think it's cool to be "different"----Would they be willing to have an anti-gay or anti-abortion float in the parade? I doubt it.

(I do think they gays having the closet is funny as hell for some reason. Who got the bedroom by the way?).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I don't know about this one...
    I came from a very small town and gay people didn't like to
    or were frightened to "parade" around. At least the one I knew was.
    If they were to have a GSA the town would go nuts.
    There still pissed off cause they can't teach the Bible in school, but they
    still did it... It was a class called Humanities and we studied different cultures
    and religions. Christianity just happened to be one. Come to think of it, in school
    we only had like three people out of 130 that we suspected of being gay and
    none of them were from my town, they moved there during late High School.
    Did anyone else grow up in a small town that was "shut off" from the rest of
    the world???

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I sort of did. I lived in a very close-minded town. However, once I went to college, I actually MET some gay people and saw that they're not out to destroy society, as most people here seem to think they are.

I agree with RWA to an extent. Acceptance and approval are two different things. Homosexuality shouldn't be celebrated to the extent it is (parades, etc.), but I think we should learn to accept it as a part of today's world. I'll admit, seeing 2 guys kiss makes me very uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to.

I don't know you that well, so I can't single you out about this, but most "Christians" I know have said similar things to this about homosexuality. I'm sure this is exactly what Jesus would have said, right?

You don't think that sounds a little silly? Would your wife be happy to know that the only reason you married her is to make babies?

I don't buy the 'marriage is a sacred institution' argument for a second. If marriage was so sacred, we wouldn't have "Who Wants to Marry My Dad", "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire", etc. shows on TV all the time. I guess my point is that these days, sadly, marriage really isn't that sacred of a thing, and it has nothing to do with gay people.

This is another one that I don't quite buy. The same people (not necessarily you, D, this is a broad generalization) who are screaming "kill the fags!" want to stop homosexuality why? Because it will kill the fags.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1