The Gay Cowboy Movie

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by William Joyce, Dec 10, 2005.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I saw a trailer when I went to see "Walk the Line."

It came as a huge surprise to me that homosexuality is being heavily promoted by our Hollywood minders as a rustic, down-home and wholesome activity most often found against backdrops of galloping horses, mountain streams and lush greenery.

Oh, wait. No, it didn't.

Maybe they can follow up with "Broke Immune System Mountain," featuring AIDS-ridden hot sexy cowboys dying of diseases transmitted by unnatural sex.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I actually had to read the short story that Brokeback Mountain was based on for a class earlier this semester.

I am really surprised that they are showing the preview for it before PG-13 rated movies, though.

Simply amazing, sir!

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    makes me think I'll never see another movie by either of the 'stars' of that movie. :(

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,215
    Well I'll be damned... this doesn't surprize me though. Hollywierd is full of faggots and supporters of faggots.

What would make me faint in astonishment is if hollywierd put out a movie in support of HETEROSEXAULITY... :eek2:

5. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yep. I don't know how you could take them seriously in a "macho" :2guns: movie again after a movie about their gay relationship :whip:

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    So, I'm assuming nobody posting in this thread is a fan of Tom Hanks? Charlize Theron? Salma Hayek?

7. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'm pretty sure they're not a fan of most of Hollywood...

8. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The movie Tom Hanks was in, was about a gay man dealing with AIDS. It was not about his "relationship" with his gay lover and how they dealt with they're "feelings" within for one another.

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Well, certainly his gay lover was part of the film, though, no? Much of the film definitely had to do with their feelings, I'd say.

10. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    The movie's a revolution in that it's revolting.

I wouldn't want to sit through a movie showing two guys doing "whatever" and I certainly won't spend my money to watch such an abomination. I doubt most people will want to watch this, either. I can't imagine Mr and Ms Joe Average sitting in a theater, eating popcorn and drinking sodas while watching two men sodomize each other. But I CAN see a theater full of gays doing that (and probably ogling over the two guys or crying through the more poignant scenes).

The movie just is a promotion for the gay lifestyle... face it. They tried to pull the same thing last summer in the movie about Alexander the Great at the expense of historical accuracy. Of course, Alexander bombed, too.

Of course, all the Hollywood libs, the Park Avenue elites, the academics and so on are going to be falling over each other trying to get to see this movie. They'll be trying to out do each other to heap praise on this film in front of the first available camera, at cocktail parties or any available column in their local paper. It's the latest "thing", they'll want to fit in and get status.

And of course, this movie is going to win some academy award. Hollywood is going to break its back contorting itself to convince the rest of us podunks that we're missing something great.

My prediction, after the gays and the libs have watched this film and pestered the rest of us by telling us just how brilliant this movie is, it will be consigned to the bargain basement heap of films. No one is going to rent or buy it and it will soon be forgotten. The movie will be a financial failure or at best a break even proposition. And that's what Hollywood is going to pay attention to, the bottom line after all is still the bottom line to those folks.

Once Hollywood gets the message that most people aren't going to fork over their hard earned dollars to watch a movie that amounts to two men sodomizing each other, they'll think twice about producing this garbage.

Now, "Passion of Christ" won no Acadamy Awards (but was nominated for some). According to IMDB it grossed almost 400 Million dollars (and over 200 Million in rentals)... Now if I were in pictures, I'd be paying attention to that...

Mr and Mrs Joe Average want to see something like "Chronicles of Narnia" not "Jim and John Bend Over"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2