The G-20 summit, will Trump succeed or fail?

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Trump is already considering failure. The Post reports, "President Trump on Wednesday played down the importance of securing a trade deal with China as he prepared to meet with its president, Xi Jinping, saying he was ready to proceed with additional tariffs if negotiations between the countries failed to get back on track."

Trump is adopting this tone because even he realizes the chances for success are dimming, and it is better to prepare the public for the possibility of failure.

For months Trump and Wall Street have been banking on a deal being worked out between him and Xi Jinping, the Chinese president. Hopes have been dimming because Xi has gotten chummy with North Korea's Kim Jong Un and Russia's Vladimir Putin of late. Because of constant threats and sanctions directed at North Korea and China, the three communist dictators are not enthusiastic about doing Trump any favors, even though Trump regards Putin as a friend who assisted him in the 2016 election. Putin has been using Trump ever since. Trump always pays his debts. Or so I'm told.

Trump and Xi have not even met yet and already Trump is issuing threats. He said he was prepared to impose tariffs on another $300 billion worth of Chinese products, on top of the 25 percent tax already in place on $250 billion of Chinese imports.

Then Trump seems to have gotten confused. First, he indicated he might limit the next round of tariffs to just 10 percent.

“My Plan B is maybe my Plan A,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network. “My Plan B is that if we don’t make a deal, I will tariff and maybe not at 25 percent, but maybe at 10 percent, but I will tariff the rest of the $600 billion that we’re talking about.”

“My attitude is I’m very happy either way,” he added.

Trump will be very happy either way. Clearly, he is anticipating failure.

The man lives in his own little world. Trump's announcement of a 25% tariff on Chinese goods in early May precipitated a six week decline on Wall Street. With the help of the Republican Fed chairman, we are back to where we were on May 6.

However, already there are rumblings. CNBC reports, "The S&P 500 posted a four-day losing streak on Wednesday — its longest slide since early May — as investors braced for a key meeting between President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping later this week."

If Trump fails to make a deal with Xi, hold on to your hats because it is going to be a rough ride. The Republican oriented Wall Street execs have been relying on Trump making a deal with China and stopping the inflationary pressures on our economy. They have been propping up the stock market artificially, counting on Trump. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/the...rally-in-the-stock-market-jp-morgan-says.html

That was a mistake. As we have seen, Trump is already anticipating failure and is happily issuing threats.

What does this mean to you? Nothing, if you keep your savings under a mattress. But, if you have IRA's or mutual funds, you stand to lose money.

And it is gone forever. The market may rebound, but what you lost on paper stays lost. It is simple math.

I sincerely hope I am wrong about all this, but I don't think I am. Forewarned is forearmed.

He will give in and make a deal with China, if he doesnt he is just speeding the recession.

• Banned
For months Trump and Wall Street have been banking on a deal being worked out between him and Xi Jinping, the Chinese president. Hopes have been dimming because Xi has gotten chummy with North Korea's Kim Jong Un and Russia's Vladimir Putin of late. Because of constant threats and sanctions directed at North Korea and China, the three communist dictators are not enthusiastic about doing Trump any favors, even though Trump regards Putin as a friend who assisted him in the 2016 election. Putin has been using Trump ever since. Trump always pays his debts. Or so I'm told.

Trump made two major concessions. Xi gave Trump nothing.

They agreed to talk. As expected, Trump came home empty handed. Trump is all show and no go.

He is great at making headlines with him as the star.

• Banned
Trump made history yesterday when he came to Kim.

gettyimages-971755598.jpg

Neville Chamberlain made history when he came to Hitler in Munich, Germany, in 1938.

munich-agreement-large-56a61c5c3df78cf7728b64ee.jpg

The result of Chamberlain's meeting was the most catastrophic war in the history of mankind.

That is what happens when democracies bow down to dictators.

Trump already said he was holding off on more tariffs. Did he capitulate? No one can tell until there's an agreement and we found out about how much China will agree to stop stealing in IP

But his MO is to create a crisis and then save the world by unmaking the crisis. His base eats up his shit though

Trump is already considered a failure?

For the plans of the globalists for sure... Americans on the other hand consider him the winner.

And that will sum up the G20 summit.

You Libtards are pathetic. The Chinese may be holding out hope that a Democrat President will bail them out. Once they realize this isn't going to happen, they will quickly agree to a trade deal or face much harsher negotiations during Trump's second term. Unlike you, they are not stupid.

Forum List

Back