The future?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I don't know if this is a good thing, or bad, but I can see a barren world where everyone is inside of a virtual reality sort of place, and their body is just lying somewhere......the physical world quiet and barren.

What made me think of this is both watching "The Universe," and also seeing that persons with disabilities were able to have their brains wired to "think" and the TV channel would change, and stuff.

So I imagine that in the future, Virtual Gaming will reach a level where the senses are all able to be recreated. (touch, smell, etc. amongst others that aren't yet "virtual").

This would invoke the creation of small worlds, where you can lay on your bed and put like, a helmet or whatever on, and be inside the world. The experience would be like life, with the physical touches and all, except you don't get tired from things like running, and you can't die (within the world).

I wonder if this is a bad thing, if we could both maintain the health of our real, physical bodies while "living" within the Virtual World, where your 100% happiness is at the tip of your own imagination. Crazy shit.

I don't know if this is a good thing, or bad, but I can see a barren world where everyone is inside of a virtual reality sort of place, and their body is just lying somewhere......the physical world quiet and barren.

I wonder if this is a bad thing, if we could both maintain the health of our real, physical bodies while "living" within the Virtual World, where your 100% happiness is at the tip of your own imagination. Crazy shit.

So, you don't think this is already happening?

How do you really know its not?

I think you just described the Matrix.

Sort of, yea. The weird thing is that it's actually possible, and not far fetched at all. This bothers noone as a buzz topic? (in the greater society)

So, you don't think this is already happening?

How do you really know its not?

Because people die accidental deaths, people reproduce, people's pets grow and die, etc.

Having everything the exact same as living life would be pointless. We also get tired and sleep.

Eventually it will happen. As I see it there are only 2 things that are capable of actually ending the human race and this is one of them. It would not be a bad end but it is possible that we could come to a point where living outside a machine would be pointless and we may not leave the virtual world. Erie thought but I sure would have a great time in a place where I could create/do anything! That would be awesome.

Forum List

Back