The Future

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=>No Stars, Just Cuffs</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>By MAUREEN DOWD

WASHINGTON — In World Wars I and II, gold star mothers were the queens of their neighborhoods, the stars in their windows ensuring that they would be treated with great respect for their sacrifice in sending sons overseas to fight and die against the Germans and Japanese.

Instead of a gold star, Sue Niederer, 55, of Hopewell, N.J., got handcuffed, arrested and charged with a crime for daring to challenge the Bush policy in Iraq, where her son, Army First Lt. Seth Dvorin, 24, died in February while attempting to disarm a bomb.

She came to a Laura Bush rally last week at a firehouse in Hamilton, N.J., wearing a T-shirt that blazed with her agony and anger: "President Bush You Killed My Son."

Mrs. Niederer tried to shout while the first lady was delivering her standard ode to her husband's efforts to fight terrorism. She wanted to know why the Bush twins weren't serving in Iraq "if it's such a justified war," as she put it afterward. The Record of Hackensack, N.J., reported that the mother of the dead soldier was boxed in by Bush supporters yelling "Four more years!" and wielding "Bush/Cheney" signs. Though she eventually left voluntarily, she was charged with trespassing while talking to reporters.

The moment was emblematic of how far the Bushies will go to squelch any voice that presents a view of Iraq that's different from the sunny party line, which they continue to dish out despite a torrent of alarming evidence to the contrary.</blockquote>

This is what America has to look forward to under another Bush administration...Dissent squelched...a secretive and unaccountable executive branch...capricious presidential power. Another four years of Dubbyuh means the death of the Republic.

<blockquote><i> We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, <b>deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed</b>, --That <b>whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it</b>, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.</i></blockquote>

Bullypulpit said:

WASHINGTON — In World Wars I and II, gold star mothers were the queens of their neighborhoods, the stars in their windows ensuring that they would be treated with great respect for their sacrifice in sending sons overseas to fight and die against the Germans and Japanese.

Instead of a gold star, Sue Niederer, 55, of Hopewell, N.J., got handcuffed, arrested and charged with a crime for daring to challenge the Bush policy in Iraq, where her son, Army First Lt. Seth Dvorin, 24, died in February while attempting to disarm a bomb.

She came to a Laura Bush rally last week at a firehouse in Hamilton, N.J., wearing a T-shirt that blazed with her agony and anger: "President Bush You Killed My Son."

Mrs. Niederer tried to shout while the first lady was delivering her standard ode to her husband's efforts to fight terrorism. She wanted to know why the Bush twins weren't serving in Iraq "if it's such a justified war," as she put it afterward. The Record of Hackensack, N.J., reported that the mother of the dead soldier was boxed in by Bush supporters yelling "Four more years!" and wielding "Bush/Cheney" signs. Though she eventually left voluntarily, she was charged with trespassing while talking to reporters.

The moment was emblematic of how far the Bushies will go to squelch any voice that presents a view of Iraq that's different from the sunny party line, which they continue to dish out despite a torrent of alarming evidence to the contrary.</blockquote>

This is what America has to look forward to under another Bush administration...Dissent squelched...a secretive and unaccountable executive branch...capricious presidential power. Another four years of Dubbyuh means the death of the Republic.

<blockquote><i> We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, <b>deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed</b>, --That <b>whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it</b>, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.</i></blockquote>
If it's that important to ya bully,get your people together and have at it! I understand plans are already in the works to impeach Bush after he is re-elected. Maybe that will be your chance. Get your man ready(whoever that is).

you know, i really fear the political climate in this country after the election, regardless of who wins. it will be more venemous, more poisonous than ever before.

and rhetoric like the above is why

dilloduck said:
If it's that important to ya bully,get your people together and have at it! I understand plans are already in the works to impeach Bush after he is re-elected. Maybe that will be your chance. Get your man ready(whoever that is).

Which makes me laugh at all the libs. So you impeach Bush. what then? You have the guy you REALLY hate in there. The guy you say is running the show anyway (which is a crock). Libs never think a plan out very far do they. You just gonna impeach the whole Republican Administration, Republican Senate, Republican House, etc? Will you just go impeach crazy till you get Dems only in office? What will that make you? Sounds alot like the nazi's to me. Except you wont have public support. The majority won't be silent if you think you will impeach the president on BS charges such as Abu Gharib or IRaq being a bogus war. You failed with your trumped up Iran Contra and you will fail here. But by all means go ahead with it. the democratic party needs a few more nails before its sealed shut 6 feet under.

Bullypulpit said:

You truly are retarded, arent you. When a person at Kerry rally screams that he is a traitor for his testimony when he came back from Vietnam, what happens to him? He is removed from the rally. Why? Because he is disrupting the speakers speech. You have your right to speak your mind but you dont have the right to bust in and be an ass at a political rally without being removed.

There is a time and a place for their protests. She could have sat there and worn her shirt and quietly protested the speech as many Bush supporters have done to Kerry speeches. IT would have conveyed her message completely. When you become violent and antagonistic is when you can be removed from the rally.

As for the "Bush Twins" comment, i believe they are old enough to decide whether or not they want to Volunteer for the Armed services on their own. Since her son decided to Volunteer To serve his country, he knew what was at stake. Maybe her argument would have more weight if there were a draft, but there isnt.

I would say return to the under bridge from whence you came but you are an embarassment to trolls even.

insein said:
You truly are retarded, arent you. When a person at Kerry rally screams that he is a traitor for his testimony when he came back from Vietnam, what happens to him? He is removed from the rally. Why? Because he is disrupting the speakers speech. You have your right to speak your mind but you dont have the right to bust in and be an ass at a political rally without being removed.

There is a time and a place for their protests. She could have sat there and worn her shirt and quietly protested the speech as many Bush supporters have done to Kerry speeches. IT would have conveyed her message completely. When you become violent and antagonistic is when you can be removed from the rally.

As for the "Bush Twins" comment, i believe they are old enough to decide whether or not they want to Volunteer for the Armed services on their own. Since her son decided to Volunteer To serve his country, he knew what was at stake. Maybe her argument would have more weight if there were a draft, but there isnt.

I would say return to the under bridge from whence you came but you are an embarassment to trolls even.

Evidently, in this woman's mind, the Republicans came in the middle of the night, abducted her son, shipped him off to Iraq, and then strapped him to a bomb and detonated it.

He did NOT VOLUNTEER into an ALL VOLUNTEER military.

The woman needs a reality check.

How sick and twisted is it to use the death of your own family members for political purposes. what a way to honor their memory.

Also correct me if im wrong but dont we tend to keep the female troops away from combat situations? Even if the twins served, how close would they actually get?

Bullypulpit said:

Consider the source, I am referring to the 'journalist', journalist :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back