The future of the republican party...

If it is to survive, should not rest in the hands of Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin, but in the hands of governors like this:

John Huntsman
Charlie Crist

Both are moderate conservatives.

Don't worry. The American people are really dumb, so the Republicans will be back.

But don't expect it to happen short of a catastrophe, because the Republicans have lost a generation. No one 18-25 is Republican.

And you can not say the youth don't vote. That is no longer true. :clap2:

The Republican party does not have to go away from a traditional conservative base to survive... We/They do not have to go farther to the middle as the DEM's drift farther to the left... They need to remain in the firm core conservative values and not to fall into the same mistakes they made in recent history (turning out to be more like DEMs in huge spending and reckless governance)

I think there are places for moderates.. and communities that will embrace and want them... but they must be a counter balance to the ones that are TOO far right, and not the controlling faction of the party... wingers and centrists are parts (and important parts) of the party, but should not be leading the party

The Republican party does not have to go away from a traditional conservative base to survive... We/They do not have to go farther to the middle as the DEM's drift farther to the left... They need to remain in the firm core conservative values and not to fall into the same mistakes they made in recent history (turning out to be more like DEMs in huge spending and reckless governance)

I think there are places for moderates.. and communities that will embrace and want them... but they must be a counter balance to the ones that are TOO far right, and not the controlling faction of the party... wingers and centrists are parts (and important parts) of the party, but should not be leading the party

I got this email from Barbara Boxer:

More than 1000 conservative activists gathered in Sacramento last weekend for the California Republican Party Convention, plotting how to organize to win in 2010. Their solution? To tack to the right and become even less mainstream.

Indeed, at a time when Americans are urging their elected officials to work together, these 1000 activists and their leaders have transformed their party into the "Party of NO": NO to a budget agreement for California. NO to President Obama's economic recovery act that will create millions of jobs and get the economy moving again.

And these are the same 1000 right-wing activists who will nominate Barbara Boxer's opponent in 2010. Do we want the "Party of NO" to take away this Senate seat next fall? There's just one answer for that: NO!

• Banned
You think Crist is a conservative? I'd say he's more of a populist...not that there's anything wrong with that, especially lately.

He's conservative on some issues, but extremely moderate and progressive on others. Perfect mix.

The idiots who gave us Palin don't think the Republican party needs to cater to moderates, and can continue to cater to the lunatic evangelical fringe. I think they're fucked in the head. And, if they keep heading in that direction, they will keep losing elections.

What firm core Conservative values? Republicans haven't even had a Conservative candidate for President since what? Nixon? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
You think Crist is a conservative? I'd say he's more of a populist...not that there's anything wrong with that, especially lately.

He's conservative on some issues, but extremely moderate and progressive on others. Perfect mix.

The idiots who gave us Palin don't think the Republican party needs to cater to moderates, and can continue to cater to the lunatic evangelical fringe. I think they're fucked in the head. And, if they keep heading in that direction, they will keep losing elections.

Well.. since you seem to have missed what was actually being said and just reposted your assumption of what want to have others say because you feel it validates your stance more that way.... I'll post it again

It is NOT about 'catering to the lunatic fringe'.... it is about sticking on core conservative values and not making the mistakes that many did in the recent past.... it is not about shunning the far right people nor the extremely moderate REP's either... but it is also not running more left because the DEMs in control are going extremist left

heres your problem.

Obama gave a speech the other day outlining his plans for the country, 80% of Aemricans approved fo the speech.

Right is fringe.

It is NOT about 'catering to the lunatic fringe'.... it is about sticking on core conservative values and not making the mistakes that many did in the recent past.... it is not about shunning the far right people nor the extremely moderate REP's either... but it is also not running more left because the DEMs in control are going extremist left

There are more moderates and centrists in this country than there are conservatives and/or liberals. Pretending that the arch-conservatives should be the tail wagging the dog is what lost McCain the election.

p.s. I didn't miss the part where you wanted to treat the moderates like pets, pat us on the head and hope we'll go your way because we don't buy into what the left is selling, while offering us nothing. I just dismissed the idea that the moderates are outnumbered by conservatives in the party. If they were, obama would not have won.

It's that simple. YOU CANNOT WIN WITHOUT US. WE CAN WIN WITHOUT YOU.

Last edited:

What firm core Conservative values? Republicans haven't even had a Conservative candidate for President since what? Nixon? :eusa_eh:
Nixon was not a conservative, in fact, he was very liberal in his polices.

Nixon was not a conservative, in fact, he was very liberal in his polices.

Nixon was a strange mix of conservative and moderate values... it's an interesting read on things he actually created, supported, etc

But once again we have the extreme liberal robert, and his absolute blind hatred of Reagan... so much so that he can not even come CLOSE to realizing that Reagan's core values were very conservative.... granted he made mistakes along the way and was not the 'God' that many far right wingers put him up to be, but he was indeed a conservative president and IMHO the best President in the past 50 years, bar none

Well, I think it is only a matter of time until the Demos demonstrate that they can be as dispicible as the republicans with control of congress and the WH. They will become as corrupt as their predecessors. It almost makes one think there is a script each party should follow to assure that neither dies.

In any case, W went as far as any GOP President has ever ventured to destroy his party. Actually he was just a bumbling puppet for Dick and the far right. He played stupid for eight years and played it perfectly.

Become??? When did they stop? Notice that Obama has had to resort to Republicans to try to fill some slots in his cabinet because finding honest Democrats is too much of a challenge...

Become??? When did they stop? Notice that Obama has had to resort to Republicans to try to fill some slots in his cabinet because finding honest Democrats is too much of a challenge...

Please...he is trying to be bipartisan, unlike W and Uncle Fester who decided to run roughshod over everyone and everything when the GOP had control of Congress.

I am not saying that I am totally sold on Obama but his intellect makes his predecessor look like a trained chimp, a very poorly trained chimp.

There are more moderates and centrists in this country than there are conservatives and/or liberals. Pretending that the arch-conservatives should be the tail wagging the dog is what lost McCain the election.
That's simply not true. In fact, quite the opposite is true. The fact of the matter is mclame is a RINO and LOST the conservative base vote, and that's why he lost the election. Had there been so damn many centrists as you'd like us to believe, mclame would have won the election.

Republicans can't win elections without the CONSERVATIVES, and that is a proven fact.

If it is to survive, should not rest in the hands of Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin, but in the hands of governors like this:

John Huntsman
Charlie Crist

Both are moderate conservatives.

Don't worry. The American people are really dumb, so the Republicans will be back.

But don't expect it to happen short of a catastrophe, because the Republicans have lost a generation. No one 18-25 is Republican.

And you can not say the youth don't vote. That is no longer true. :clap2:

no one 18 to 25 is ever a republican you douchebag.

Forum List

Back