The Future of American Muslims - Is There a Vision?

The Iranian Ambassador to the United Nations had just finished giving a speech, and walked out into the lobby where he met President Bush.

They shook hands, and as they walked the Iranian said, ''You know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America.''

President Bush said, "Well, anything I can do to help you, I will."

The Iranian whispered: ''My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is Black, and Sulu who is Chinese, but no muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any muslim on "Star Trek."

President Bush laughed, leaned toward the Iranian ambassador, and whispered: ''It's because it takes place in the future.''

The Iranian Ambassador to the United Nations had just finished giving a speech, and walked out into the lobby where he met President Bush.

They shook hands, and as they walked the Iranian said, ''You know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America.''

The Iranian whispered: ''My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is Black, and Sulu who is Chinese, but no muslims. My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any muslim on "Star Trek."

President Bush laughed, leaned toward the Iranian ambassador, and whispered: ''It's because it takes place in the future.''
There also wasn't any Americans or Jews or Christians.

I wonder why that was ?

All the American Muslims will soon be leaving the country. There is a bill in Congess this very moment that requires every person living in America to eat a pound of bacon every week and two ham sandwiches. They say it's to increase the sale of pork so the farmers in Iowa can survive but in reality it's an attempt to drive the Muslims out of the country. If this doesn't work, they are going to require every American to have a pet pig.
Please provide link to this Congressional Bill :eusa_angel:

btw there is nothing in Islam that forbids muslims from having a pet pig.

There also wasn't any Americans or Jews or Christians.

I wonder why that was ?
:lol:

Ominous questions:

2) Are the outreach efforts and tactics of Muslims making a difference in clarifying the message of Islam?

What do you think the "message of Islam" is?

5) Who are the Imams and leaders who American Muslims have put on the podiums and how effective have they been in uniting their local communities?

To do what?

6) And finally, what specifically is being done to get Muslims involved in the democratic process of America to be able for them to make their voices heard?

"Voices heard"? Don't you mean change the laws? Have the prayers played on loudspeakers 5x a day starting at 6am, calling EVERYONE to prayer?

These questions must be debated and discussed strategically to be able to craft a vision for the American Muslims for this century.

Strategically? What is it you're so dissatisfied with in America that you want a VISION of something else imposed?

All the American Muslims will soon be leaving the country. There is a bill in Congess this very moment that requires every person living in America to eat a pound of bacon every week and two ham sandwiches. They say it's to increase the sale of pork so the farmers in Iowa can survive but in reality it's an attempt to drive the Muslims out of the country. If this doesn't work, they are going to require every American to have a pet pig.
Please provide link to this Congressional Bill :eusa_angel:

btw there is nothing in Islam that forbids muslims from having a pet pig.
Islam Question and Answer - Keeping pets

only if Christians disagree with god himself..

The God of the Bible is not the same god as the one in the
Quran. Christians believe in the God of the Bible, so of course we disagree with the god of the Quran.
The god of the Quran and the god of the Bible are the same deity.

We disagree in this matter. That is perfectly OK though. Some things just don't get resolves on messageboards.

The God of the Bible is not the same god as the one in the
Quran. Christians believe in the God of the Bible, so of course we disagree with the god of the Quran.

We disagree in this matter. That is perfectly OK though. Some things just don't get resolves on messageboards.
So Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Amos, Zachariah, Malachi, Micah, Daniel, and Yeshua...

Each one of them spoke of at least two gods, the god of Christendom and also the God of Islam, and they spoke of each of these two distinct entities in the exact same passages? :cuckoo:

They worship the same god, you twit. The only differences are( A) was Jesus a prophet or god himself? and (B) was Jesus the last messenger yet sent? Take Christianity, make Jesus a prophet, and send one more prophet- Muhammad- and you have Islam, just as adding Jesus (as god) to Judaism gave you Christianity. To say that xtians and muslims worship different gods, you must also say that xtians and jerws worship different gods. These statements would be foolish, as they cite the exact same words of the exact same prophets who spoke of one god (or three.. or one among many... it's a matter of interpretation, really)

So Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Amos, Zachariah, Malachi, Micah, Daniel, and Yeshua...

Each one of them spoke of at least two gods, the god of Christendom and also the God of Islam, and they spoke of each of these two distinct entities in the exact same passages? :cuckoo:

They worship the same god, you twit. The only differences are( A) was Jesus a prophet or god himself? and (B) was Jesus the last messenger yet sent? Take Christianity, make Jesus a prophet, and send one more prophet- Muhammad- and you have Islam, just as adding Jesus (as god) to Judaism gave you Christianity. To say that xtians and muslims worship different gods, you must also say that xtians and jerws worship different gods. These statements would be foolish, as they cite the exact same words of the exact same prophets who spoke of one god (or three.. or one among many... it's a matter of interpretation, really)
Mohammad is not a prophet of god, he is a founder of a streetgang designed to
1, recover Mohammads perceived birthright ,
2, To prove he wasnt crazy and was a real prophet
3,To steal a religion thuse confirming 2.
3 and take over the world to stop anyone from doubting 2.
Any similarity of characteristics from th bible is do to the scheme .
Form follows function.
You appear to be unfamiliar with the text of Islam the "jesus " of Islam ( the one muslim hold in high regard)says entirely different things than the New testement "jesus". as well as the other characters with 1 exception if I recall correctly Mohamamd was able to quote the OT or NT correctly and it made it into the Quran.

So Smartt, are there then several gods or are muslims just plain wrong?

I personally believe and follow the Bible. There are many gods, (Just look at the beginning of the Ten Commandments) and according to the Bible, only ONE True God. That God is proclaimed throughout the Bible. That God sent His only begotten Son to be the Savior. The god of the Quran, Allah, has no such Son or Savior Child. They have to be different. I believe the Bible to be the True Word of God. That is because I believe the God of the Bible is the only true God.

The Quran writer seems to know that the God of those prophets was the true God, and wanted to think he was talking about that God. Well, either the writer, and thus the followers of the Quran, worshipped the same God, but did not know who he was, Kind of like the "unknown God" that was added just to cover the bases, by the worshippers of the gods in the Bible, or they worshipped another god, but really wanted him top be like the God of the Prophets. Either way, they missed and are missing out on a real and living relationship with the true God, for they do not know who He is. They worship who they want him to be.

(A). Jesus was God, not a god. That is clear in the Bible. (B). Scriptures say that there are preachers and teachers, and even prophets in the world, but the message as God has delivered to us to this point is complete, until when He returns and lets us know " The rest of the Story." (C). Christians and Jews worship the same God, they just stopped listening when God sent the Savior.

As I see it, the Muslim God is not the same God as we worship. At least not according to their Quran.

(A). Jesus was God, not a god. That is clear in the Bible.

Which is why he failed to fulfill any prophecy and the writers of the Nt had to tell poor lies :lol:

(C). Christians and Jews worship the same God, they just stopped listening when God sent the Savior.

Jesus was a false prophet and the NT is full of inconsistent lies. This has been demonstrated and never refuted.

The God of the Old Testament (Torah) and the God of the Quran are the same.

Mohammad is the "god" of the Quran .
Mohammad put his words in the mouth of his favorite rock because he knew the rock would never contradict him.
He was not a prophet of god .

Let us pretend allah were a god , where does this god reside?
68:44. Then leave Me Alone with such as belie this Qur'ân. We shall punish them gradually from directions they perceive not.

68:45. And I will grant them a respite. Verily, My Plan is strong.

73:11. And leave Me Alone to deal with the beliers (those who deny My Verses, etc.), and those who are in possession of good things of life. And give them respite for a little while.

73:12. Verily, with Us are fetters (to bind them), and a raging Fire.

73:13. And a food that chokes, and a painful torment.

104:4. Nay! Verily, he will be thrown into the crushing Fire.

104:5. And what will make you know what the crushing Fire is?

104:6. The fire of Allâh, kindled,

104:7. Which leaps up over the hearts,

In hell, kindling fire and punishing the wrong doers.

Which is why he failed to fulfill any prophecy and the writers of the Nt had to tell poor lies :lol:

(C). Christians and Jews worship the same God, they just stopped listening when God sent the Savior.

Jesus was a false prophet and the NT is full of inconsistent lies. This has been demonstrated and never refuted.

You can choose to believe that lie if you wish to. I have been blessed to experienve an awesome and real relationship with God inChrist, and I have no need to search anywhere else, for I have found the Truth. What you have said has never been proven, and has been refuted with truth many times.
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

The God of the Old Testament (Torah) and the God of the Quran are the same.

Mohammad is the "god" of the Quran .
Now I understand why you respond to everything with cut & paste answers.

You actually don't know squat about Islam.

Islam 101: "Muhammad is NOT god, He was just a man. Period

EVERY muslim knows this basic tenant of Islamic theology.

You can choose to believe that lie if you wish to. I have been blessed to experienve an awesome and real relationship with God inChrist, and I have no need to search anywhere else, for I have found the Truth. What you have said has never been proven, and has been refuted with truth many times.
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

:lol:

Noone has ever refuted it, although you're free to try.

Forum List

Back