The Future Looks Bleak?

What the Hell?

My wive and I have decided to do some church shopping and so on Sunday we go to a non-denomination church to see what the preacher has to say. He was pretty good but one of his major messages was,"I expect to see the Lord any day now and your bodies will change". In other words the rhapsody.

Today, I go to a coin dealer that I've never met before and he starts talking about how this country is going down the tubes just like the the super powers of the past Egypt, Greece, Romans, etc. Well, at least 12 other people gather around and everyone ends up talking about survival and the bleakness of the future.

I've just noticed that over the last year or so that people seem allot more worried, edgy and in general pretty pessimistic about the future. I've also noticed that all you have to say is hello and people are open to conversation and usually end up on hard luck stories of themselves and the people they know. I tell you my optimistic approach to life is taking a hit lately.

So.. whats your vision on the future?

A fibriling economic recovery followed by a period of stagflation (or less likely, but not entirely impossible, a period of hyperinflation)

We might reregulate banking to insure that this monetary mess doesn't matter again, but I see no moves to drastically change what's fundamentally wrong with our economy.
Wasn't it deregulating banking that caused this mess? If banks were no longer permitted to wager the depositor's money on schemes like credit default swaps, the mess at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac wouldn't have brought down say the banking system in Iceland, would it?

Ah hell, it appears that Strollingbones beat me to the ribbing I was going to give lumpy... rhapsody?

It is unfair to ask such a question at this time especially to someone whose job is no longer on the President's "saved job" list. Right now the future looks as bleak as hell!

Employment opportunities are slim and far between. It seems like 98% of the jobs listed, at least in the accounting/finance fields, come from employment agencies and most of us know that those jobs don't exists, they are no more than fishing expeditions to ring up business.

Life sucks at the moment. I want a frigging job! I'm going crazy and it has only been 12 days.

Immie

Sheez.. sounds like you need to give out a few lumps, feel free, I am afterall... Lumpy already..:lol:

If you only knew!! :rofl:

Lost my job on the 29th. My computer at home blew a memory card last week and my computer would blue screen at the worst of times and finally would not boot at all. Took it 90 miles to my brother, who is a computer geek, last night and diagnosed the problem, now I am a gig short in memory until I can get a job and get more memory.

Then this morning as I sit down to copy data from the laptop that I had been using while the computer was down, my daughter comes in very upset. It seems that last night the laptop I had been using is now on the fritz too. She was using it in the evening while I was at my brother's house. It won't boot up and the recovery disk won't boot it up either.

I don't turn to violence, but I think I am going to go find something; a wall, a punching bag, just something non-human to punch the living shit out of.

Immie

What the Hell?

My wive and I have decided to do some church shopping and so on Sunday we go to a non-denomination church to see what the preacher has to say. He was pretty good but one of his major messages was,"I expect to see the Lord any day now and your bodies will change". In other words the rhapsody.

Today, I go to a coin dealer that I've never met before and he starts talking about how this country is going down the tubes just like the the super powers of the past Egypt, Greece, Romans, etc. Well, at least 12 other people gather around and everyone ends up talking about survival and the bleakness of the future.

I've just noticed that over the last year or so that people seem allot more worried, edgy and in general pretty pessimistic about the future. I've also noticed that all you have to say is hello and people are open to conversation and usually end up on hard luck stories of themselves and the people they know. I tell you my optimistic approach to life is taking a hit lately.

So.. whats your vision on the future?
Blame it on the GOP. This has been their message since at least the Nixon Administration...electing liberals means we're all going to die a slow and hungry death.

btw, it is a lot not allot...jeesh! I guess trashing the English language is a sure sign of the failure of America...hahahaha.

That's funny, my daughter and I argued about ..a lot.. or.. allot.. just yesterday.. if you're right, I owe her an apology. Damn .. you're both right...:eusa_clap:

You owe your daughter an apology.

Immie

the future...ah man and his ego...the future is something we cannot control...we are merely mortals....who give ourselves a lot of credit for walking upright and having an opposable thumb...

but the darkness...and gloom are sad...i remember when people looked forward ...said this was a great country and would always be...not now....you got your partisan hacks who want ever president to fail and they have to spread their doom and gloom....

me, i am an upbeat person most of the time...but simple people always are

I personally do not wish failure on any President, not even this one whom I disagree with in so many things. However, I do believe that the USA cannot remain on top forever. Why should we be any different than any of the other great civilizations. all of whom have fallen?

Immie

Forum List

Back