The funny traffic light that is always red

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Since 1987, since its construction, this traffic light in Dresden is red. You may only turn right at this point anyway but the green arrow sign at the traffic light permits drivers to ignore the red light when they want to turn right after a stop.

DSC_4986.jpg

The reason for the traffic light is the law: There must a traffic light because the square is regulated by traffic lights.

There's a few lights in D.C. that stay red after a certain time but start working again in the morning.

Since 1987, since its construction, this traffic light in Dresden is red. You may only turn right at this point anyway but the green arrow sign at the traffic light permits drivers to ignore the red light when they want to turn right after a stop.

DSC_4986.jpg

The reason for the traffic light is the law: There must a traffic light because the square is regulated by traffic lights.

I think the Yield sign means you can proceed in any direction (even forward) as long as you do Yield.

DSC_4986.jpg

I think the Yield sign means you can proceed in any direction (even forward) as long as you do Yield.
No. Just watch the markings on the street.

DSC_4986.jpg

The markings on the street? Then what's the purpose of the light and the signs? :dunno:

The markings on the street? Then what's the purpose of the light and the signs? :dunno:
That´s the point. There is no purpose. But nevertheless it is prescribed to have a traffic light there because the whole square has traffic lights. The law does not allow a combination of traffic light and non-traffic light guidance solutions.

Forum List

Back