The Full Metal Jacket Soundboard

Full Metal Jacket is high on my Top-10 All-Time Favorite Movies list. I have seen this bad boy at least half a dozen times. Whenever it comes on, i will always watch it again.

One of the main reasons I like it has to do with the photography. The second half (combat in Vietnam) part of the movie just jumps right out at you. It looks like it was filmed during actual combat in Vietnam - never mind that it was filmed in England.

Sgt. Hartman. God love him. I was discussing him just the other day with a co-worker. The question was: do you think Sgt. Hartman was a good guy or a sadistic jerk, way down deep? Interesting question. We all know that drill sergeants train men to kill and, as such, they have to be hard on their recruits. Hartmen certainly filled the bill there. But did he go over the line with recruits like Leonard? At some point, shouldn't Hartman have gone to Leonard and encouraged him to leave "my beloved Corps"? It could have been arranged - Leonard was obviusly not cut out for combat in Vietnam. Or, to put it another way, he was obviusly not cut out for Marine recruit training.

I will close with one of the many glitches in the film. Hartmen has his men going hand over hand on the paralel ladder. As they are about to begin, Sgt. Hartman yells something along the lines of: "All right, I want you maggots to traverse this obstacle in NO LESS THAN 10 SECONDS!" Um, I think he meant to say, "No MORE than 10 seconds."

I get boot camp flashbacks when I watch it. Nobody else could play the D.I. like Ermey. The mistreatment was a bit exaggerated but the boot camp set looks exactly like I remember 3rd Bn. MCRD Parris Island

I get boot camp flashbacks when I watch it. Nobody else could play the D.I. like Ermey. The mistreatment was a bit exaggerated but the boot camp set looks exactly like I remember 3rd Bn. MCRD Parris Island

I am informed that Ermey actually was a drill instructor prior to his movie career.

Full Metal Jacket is high on my Top-10 All-Time Favorite Movies list. I have seen this bad boy at least half a dozen times. Whenever it comes on, i will always watch it again.

One of the main reasons I like it has to do with the photography. The second half (combat in Vietnam) part of the movie just jumps right out at you. It looks like it was filmed during actual combat in Vietnam - never mind that it was filmed in England.

Sgt. Hartman. God love him. I was discussing him just the other day with a co-worker. The question was: do you think Sgt. Hartman was a good guy or a sadistic jerk, way down deep? Interesting question. We all know that drill sergeants train men to kill and, as such, they have to be hard on their recruits. Hartmen certainly filled the bill there. But did he go over the line with recruits like Leonard? At some point, shouldn't Hartman have gone to Leonard and encouraged him to leave "my beloved Corps"? It could have been arranged - Leonard was obviusly not cut out for combat in Vietnam. Or, to put it another way, he was obviusly not cut out for Marine recruit training.

I will close with one of the many glitches in the film. Hartmen has his men going hand over hand on the paralel ladder. As they are about to begin, Sgt. Hartman yells something along the lines of: "All right, I want you maggots to traverse this obstacle in NO LESS THAN 10 SECONDS!" Um, I think he meant to say, "No MORE than 10 seconds."

I think Hartman was convinced that he was going to turn Leonard into a Marine. Almost the same way that Col. Nathan R. Jessup was convinced he was going to turn Pfc. William T. Santiago into a Marine. ;)

And he did - the last scenes before the latrine scene, Leonard is a lean, mean, albeit psychotic, fighting machine.

"How can you shoot woman or children?"

"Easy, ya just don't lead 'em so much!"

--

"Anyone who runs is a VC. Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined VC!"

---

"Me love you long time. Me so HORNY. "

--

This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun ...

And, of course . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tce-THLUE]Full Metal Jacket - Me love you long time - Papillon Soo Soo - YouTube[/ame]

Watch the traffic cop during this entire scene. It happens right in front of his face and all he does is keep waving the traffic on by.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back