The French Consul Wounded in an Israeli Attack on a Palestinian Navy Site

Well, Israel and its lackeys.

European Union: List of Terrorists and Terrorist Groups
Hamas-Izz al-Din al-Qassem (terrorist wing of Hamas]
PIJ (Palestinian Islamic Jihad
Freezing funds: list of terrorists and terrorist groups

From your link:

"Terrorist acts" are defined as intentional acts that may seriously damage a country or an international organisation by intimidating a population, exerting undue compulsion of various types or by destabilising or destroying its fundamental political, constitutional, economic or social structures. The list of terrorist acts includes:
attacks on a person’s life or physical integrity;
kidnapping or hostage-taking;
causing extensive destruction to a public or private facility, including information systems;
seizure of means of public transport, such as aircrafts and ships;
manufacture, possession, acquisition, transport or use of weapons, explosives, or nuclear, biological or chemical weapons;
release of dangerous substances or causing fires, explosions or floods;
interfering with or disrupting the supply of water, power or any other fundamental natural resource;
directing or participating in the activities of a terrorist group, including by funding its activities or supplying material resources.

Israel does all those things.

:bsflag:

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time magazine's 100 heroes and pioneers whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world"Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

I believe that any nation that grants equal opportunity to every citizen, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or gender, thereby, establishes its moral legitimacy. According to this principle, Israel stands alone in the Middle East region, as a nation with moral legitimacy: it grants all citizens equal rights for men and women alike, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and of the press. Not a single Arab or Muslim country in the surrounding region does the same. Nor do any of those Arab and Muslim nations allow their citizens personal freedom, or the right to maintain and express opposing points of view.

A Palestinian women's organization reported that Muslim men perpetrate some 40 honor killings annually in the West Bank alone, not including the vast majority of honor killing and abuse of women that go unreported -- as Islamic society maintains secrecy in upholding the popular belief that those "cursed with a sin, [should] hide it."

These essential qualities of life provide oxygen for the human soul; they are the kind of basic nourishment that is desperately missing in all of Israel's Muslim neighbors. Yet, the so-called humanitarian aid organizations at the United Nations direct all their energy to act against anything and everything Israel does. Let me ask: as every human being deserves to live in dignity, why has an enormous unbalanced portion of global aid gone mostly to Palestinians, while millions of underprivileged people all over the world suffer genuine, life-threatening deprivation?

Here is why: The United Nations time and again focuses its power on the perpetual manufacturing of false anti-Israel accusations. Painting Palestinians as perennial underdogs provides the perfect cover for their subversive effort. Without doubt, this trend encourages hatred and violence against the Jewish people in Israel and everywhere else. And that is exactly its point.Those who love liberty and life will strengthen their ties and warm relations with Israel, and stand with her. Israel will continue to shine its light among all nations.

The United Nations and Human Rights Abuse | EuropeNews

Israel's resume:

causing extensive destruction to a public or private facility, including information systems;
manufacture, possession, acquisition, transport or use of weapons, explosives, or nuclear, biological or chemical weapons;
interfering with or disrupting the supply of water, power or any other fundamental natural resource;
directing or participating in the activities of a terrorist group, including by funding its activities or supplying material resources.

Israel's resume:

Robert Bernstein, Founding Chairman Emeritus, Human Rights Watch; Chairman of Advancing Human Rights...
The region is populated by authoritarian regimes with appalling human rights records. Israel, with a population of 7.4 million, is home to at least 80 human rights organizations, a vibrant free press, a democratically elected government, a judiciary that frequently rules against the government, a politically active academia, multiple political parties and, judging by the amount of news coverage, probably more journalists per capita than any other country in the world

Significantly, Col. Richard Kemp, the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan and an expert on warfare, has said that the Israel Defense Forces in Gaza “did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.
Op-Ed Contributor - Rights Watchdog, Lost in the Mideast - NYTimes.com

The definition of terrorist organization fits Israel to a T.

Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman US Joint Chiefs of Staff...
I have frequently spoken and met with my counterpart, General Ashkenazi, and that relatonship [with Israel] is a critical relationship that I cherish, as I do and we do from the United States to Israel to the People of Israel.

There's literally not a day that I don't think of you and your countrymen. I'd like to raise a glass to both our countries, to both our militaries and to great success in the future. The closeness of our two countries has never been more important. You're a very special group of people
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tEpFH3kDA]Admiral Mike Mullen Reaffirms Strong U.S.-Israeli Bond in Visit to Israel - YouTube[/ame]

Which one of those things does Israel not do?

I'm not going to comment whether or not Israel does those things, but I'll help you out why Israel can never be on that State Department list.

According to the State Department, a terrorist organization is a non-state actor. Thus, Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism, but not a terrorist state. Hizb'allah is separate from the Lebanese government--even if it is part of the government--so it is a terrorist actor. That's the distinction.

I'm not going to comment whether or not Israel does those things, but I'll help you out why Israel can never be on that State Department list.

According to the State Department, a terrorist organization is a non-state actor. Thus, Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism, but not a terrorist state. Hizb'allah is separate from the Lebanese government--even if it is part of the government--so it is a terrorist actor. That's the distinction.

It is interesting that the worst abusers, the states, exempt themselves.

Like I say. The terrorist label is a political bullshit thing.

The question arises though. Is Israel a legitimate state?

It is interesting that the worst abusers, the states, exempt themselves.

Like I say. The terrorist label is a political bullshit thing.

The question arises though. Is Israel a legitimate state?

Eminent Historian Bernard Lewis...
It is by now commonplace that the civilizations of the Middle East are oldest known to human history. They go back thousands of years, much older than the civilizations of India and China, not to speak of other upstart places. It is also interesting, though now often forgotten, that the ancient civilizations of the Middle East were almost totally obliterated and forgotten by their own people as well as by others. Their monuments were defaced or destroyed, their languages forgotten, their scripts forgotten, their history forgotten and even their identities forgotten. All that was known about them came from one single source, and that is Israel, the only component of the ancient Middle East to have retained their identity, their memory, their language and their books. For a very long time, up to comparatively modern times, with rare exceptions all that was known about the ancient Middle East--the Babylonians, the Egyptians and the rest--was what the Jewish tradiiton has preserved.

Bernard Lewis...
The adjective Palestinian is comparatively new. This, I need hardly remind you, is a region of ancient civilization and of deep-rooted and often complex identitites. But, Palestine was not one of them. People might identify themselves for various purposes, by religion, by descent, or by allegiance to a particular state or ruler, or, sometimes, locality. But, when they did it locally it was generally either the city and the immediate district or the larger province, so they would have been Jerusalemites or Jaffaites or Syrians, identifying province of Syria

The constitution or the formation of a political entity called Palestine which eventually gave rise to a nationality called Palestinian were lasting innovations of the British Mandate [1948]

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJjm5K07V0]Who are the Palestinians? - YouTube[/ame]

On Monday, 14 November 2011, the French Consul in the Gaza Strip, Majdi Jameel Yaseen Shaqqoura, 44, and his two children were wounded in an Israeli attack on the Palestinian Navy site in the southwest of Beit Lahia, located in northern Gaza. They were in their home when they were injured by shrapnel. Additionally, as a result of the same attack the consul's wife suffered from hemorrhage that led to a miscarriage.

The French Consul Wounded in an Israeli Attack on a Palestinian Navy Site

Palestinian NAVY? According to your own words palestinians are not allowed under oslo to have a military. Whats up? Allthuogh granted 2 leaky rowboats isnt much of a threat.

Where are the pro lifers?

Where was child protective services? The woman should have been arrested for endangering her children by liveing next to known terrorists.

Terrorist is an Israeli propaganda thing.

No! as you have been told many times terrorist is a word used and recognized all over the world to refer to criminal organizations such as hamas who carryout trecherous targeted attacks on civillians. Also it refers to those individuals who caryout,support, or condone such attacks.( you are covered by the second part tinmore)

: Originally Posted by P F Tinmore
Terrorist is an Israeli propaganda thing.

Allah is Israeli?

Quran 8:12: I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes

Forum List

Back