The French Connection is a very good movie.

Jun 26, 2005
Ontario, Canada eh?
I watched on Friday, and thought it was very good. It's about a true story on the biggest drug bust in US history. Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider play two narcotics cops hunting down the bad guys and the French connection. The movie also has one of the greatest car chases in movie history, right along with Bullitt. The ending is very interesting from my view.

I'm guessing you are a "yungin" because The French Connection has been around for years - and is an excellent movie - and does have one of the best car chase scenes ever recorded.

Ronin has a good chase scene too.

And if you want another good one - but it is kind of cute too because of the Mini-Coopers in it - the remake of The Italian Job is a can't miss.

Big Blue Machin said:
I watched on Friday, and thought it was very good. It's about a true story on the biggest drug bust in US history. Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider play two narcotics cops hunting down the bad guys and the French connection. The movie also has one of the greatest car chases in movie history, right along with Bullitt. The ending is very interesting from my view.

The sequel French Connection II was as good in my book- don't miss it!

Big Blue Machin said:
I heard it's not as good as the original. Granted the original is a hard act to folllow, and it's based on a real story. The French Connection 2 isn't.

Pure fiction can be as well done as fact-based fiction.

Not everyone might agree with my assessment of the sequel, but I hope you take a look at it anyway.

Forum List

Back