The forgotten story of Iran Air Flight 655

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
If you walked into any high school classroom in the United States and asked the students to describe their country's relationship with Iran, you'd probably hear words like "enemy" and "threat," maybe "distrust" and "nuclear." But ask them what the number 655 has to do with it, and you'd be met with silence.

Try the same thing in an Iranian classroom, asking about the United States, and you'd probably hear some of the same words. Mention the number 655, though, it's a safe bet that at least a few of the students would immediately know what you were talking about.

Iran-Air-flight-655.jpg

Iran Chamber Society History of Iran Shooting Down Iran Air Flight 655 IR655
The forgotten story of Iran Air Flight 655 - The Washington Post
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 and Iran Air Flight 655 The National Interest Blog

The United States government did not formally apologize to Iran.
Does American exceptionalism exist this way too?

The US government is not an object for discussion, it is perfect. Our SD doesn't make a mistake. In the case with Iran (I remind our old friend) it is a gesture of active threat. But when Iranians took hostages - politicians cried " IT is a rude abuse of international law!!" Do not think. Just accept.

The aircrafts transponder had been turned off and it was routed over a hot zone, this was no accident, Iran intended for it to be shot down. BTW that plane cruses at just over 500 mph.

If I remember right, this plane was mistaken for a missile. A few years later, a real attack was launched in Yemen on the USS Cole and killed 17 sailors. But, shortly before in 1983, a Hamas suicide bomber killed over 250 Marines in a Beirut suicide bombing. So, given all the damage Muslim suicide attacks have done, I miss the point. Besides the fact Iranians took 60 American Embassy workers hostage in 1979, itself an act of war.

Last edited:
The aircrafts transponder had been turned off and it was routed over a hot zone, this was no accident, Iran intended for it to be shot down. BTW that plane cruses at just over 500 mph.

That lie is around a lot, but it's still a lie.
A US warship, illegally operating in Iranian waters, shot down a civilian aircraft in a normal civilian flight lane.
The captain of the ship was never charged with anything, even stupidity, but sent to run a military training school, presumably to instruct other idiotic bastards in how to murder civilians.

If I remember right, this plane was mistaken for a missile. A few years later, a real attack was launched in Yemen on the USS Cole and killed 17 sailors. But, shortly before in 1983, a Hamas suicide bomber killed over 250 Marines in a Beirut suicide bombing. So, given all the damage Muslim suicide attacks have done, I miss the point. Besides the fact Iranians took 60 American Embassy workers hostage in 1979, itself an act of war.

All as direct results of American attacks on Muslims, so fuck off and live with the results of your interference.

All as direct results of American attacks on Muslims, so fuck off and live with the results of your interference.

Was it an accident that Iran took US hostages? I'll answer for you. No. Carter did more damage with our relations with Iran than any previous or furlture administrations.

Was it an accident that Iran took US hostages? I'll answer for you. No. Carter did more damage with our relations with Iran than any previous or furlture administrations.

No - was it an accident the CIA removed their democratically elected government in favour of a US backed dictator, thus starting the chain of events that led up to the embassy being taken?

No - was it an accident the CIA removed their democratically elected government in favour of a US backed dictator, thus starting the chain of events that led up to the embassy being taken?

Huh? Carter was trying to destroy the shah and supported the radical khomeini, who wanted to get back to the times of beating women and other sordid atrocities.

A US warship, illegally operating in Iranian waters, shot down a civilian aircraft in a normal civilian flight lane.
The captain of the ship was never charged with anything, even stupidity, but sent to run a military training school, presumably to instruct other idiotic bastards in how to murder civilians.

We are waiting for Iran to apologize for the act of war they committed by invading our embassy and holding American citizens hostage. A US Embassy in any foreign country is considered to be on US soil, just as an Iranian Embassy in the US is considered to be on Iranian soil.

us

No US Navy Captain is an idiotic bastard and a piece of shit that says that needs to crawl back in his hole. That would be you fucktard!

Huh? Carter was trying to destroy the shah and supported the radical khomeini, who wanted to get back to the times of beating women and other sordid atrocities.

The US (and UK) removed the elected government, putting the Shah into power.
Jesus Christ, are you 12 years old?

us

No US Navy Captain is an idiotic bastard and a piece of shit that says that needs to crawl back in his hole. That would be you fucktard!

Unless they commit mass murder of civilians, as that one did.

We are waiting for Iran to apologize for the act of war they committed by invading our embassy and holding American citizens hostage. A US Embassy in any foreign country is considered to be on US soil, just as an Iranian Embassy in the US is considered to be on Iranian soil.

And removing the elected government isn't an act of war?
As for embassies..

US government spied on Israel s Washington embassy - Telegraph

Perhaps Israel should attack the US - oh, they did.

And removing the elected government isn't an act of war?
As for embassies..

US government spied on Israel s Washington embassy - Telegraph

Perhaps Israel should attack the US - oh, they did.

I thought this was about Iran as seen through the eyes of a complete anti-American POS.

Last edited:

The US (and UK) removed the elected government, putting the Shah into power.
Jesus Christ, are you 12 years old?

Yes, in 1953. We're talking about 1979. Are you 2?

Does a US Marine barracks on a UN peace keeping mission ring a bell?

That old lie - does anyone still believe it?
In fact, US troops were sent in to support the Israeli backed side in a civil war, assisting Israel's invasion forces.
You entered a war, but moan when your people get killed.
Don't start wars and your problem will solve itself.

Forum List

Back