The (flawed) reasoning behind Net Neutrality, explained

Have you read the regulations?

No?

Of course you haven't. No one has.

It appears no one ever will.

Everyone will be able to read the regulations, as soon as they are finished being created.
Such childlike, naive trust. It's idiots like you that gave us two terms of SCOAMF.

What is it that you think I'm "naively trusting"?
Unelected bureaucrats.

Have you read the regulations?

No?

Of course you haven't. No one has.

Everyone will be able to read the regulations, as soon as they are finished being created.
Such childlike, naive trust. It's idiots like you that gave us two terms of SCOAMF.

Unelected bureaucrats.

How so?

Unelected bureaucrats.

How so?

Are members of the FCC duly elected officials? No. They are appointees. Essentially they are unelected bureaucrats. By definition.

It seems like some people (not necessarily you) place too much faith in bureaucracy.

Unelected bureaucrats.

How so?

Are members of the FCC duly elected officials? No. They are appointees. Essentially they are unelected bureaucrats. By definition.

It seems like some people (not necessarily you) place too much faith in bureaucracy.

What have I said that implies I have "faith" in the FCC?

Y7xqVHF.jpg

Unelected bureaucrats.

How so?

Have you said anything denouncing their behavior?

Unelected bureaucrats.

How so?

Have you said anything denouncing their behavior?

No.

Because I don't know what their "behavior" is yet.

Neither do you.

That's my point.

This was the governments attempt to fix a problem that doesn't even exist.
It was thee FCC's grab at remaining relevant and therefore maintaining a seat at the tax payer dollar trough. It is also obie's way of making sure only the right message gets out there for thee rubes to soak up.

Uh, you need to educate yourself.

Net neutrality is the OPPOSITE of what you say.

You should also research who controls the FCC.

When has the government ever taken over any aspect of life and it's gotten more free and cheaper? Fucking ever.

How can you be so fucking stupid as to think government regulation is going to make the internet better than it is?

Medicare and Medicaid, actually. It practically wiped out poverty among seniors in about a decade. Have anymore stupid talking points you'd like knocked down with simple facts?

This thread is proof that the A.M. radio crowd are the biggest dummies when it comes to understanding what net neutrality is and why it's a good thing, and also how and why there has been a concerted attack on it for two decades now.

They're just repeating the stupid bullshit they hear from their beloved and perpetually outraged radio heroes and folks at Fox.

For someone like me who makes a good deal of their income thanks to the web, what corporations are for and what their allies in the Republican party are for would be something that hurts many small businesses.

Republicans these days are weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. They get told that Obama's coming to take your keyboard and they believe it. Republicans always say, "Government should be run like a business". On some matters, I totally agree. Like the internet. It is OUR product, not a corporation's. It was not conceived with private funds, but with public funds. That corporations are now selling to us the thing we already paid for is absurd, but that's what you get when you allow corporatism to run amok.

Forum List

Back