High
Low
Volume
Avg Vol
Mkt Cap
N/A

Kinda better than 4 years ago..no?

:lol:

1) The largest one-day point drop in DJIA history occurred on September 17, 2001 the first day of trading after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

2) On April 25, 2007, the Dow passed 13,000 in trading and closed above the milestone for the first time. Less than three months later, on July 19, the average set an all-time closing high above the 14,000 level: the fastest 1,000-point advance for the index since 1999.

Dow Jones Industrial Average-- History and the Market

You're good at history then.

Where was the dow when Bush left office his second term?

Yeah..I do.

This is where I work.

Watcha do for a living?

Sweeping up the floor doesn't mean you understand what is driving up stock prices. "Where" one works is just a location.
Um..no dear.

I don't sweep the floors.

I work with Technology.

Say it slowly..I know it's a little hard for you to fathom things that aren't using rocks and sticks.

And as for your concerns..lets go through them.

What indicators are telling you that inflation is driving anything?

And just when, exactly, were interest rates dropped to zero?

Take your time.

:D

You clearly don't work in finance, or you'd know what ZIRP means. But thank you for playing. You can collect your consolation prize of a 1970s era WIN button on your way out. You'll be needing it quite soon.

You take yourself far too seriously, buddy-boy.

Now, back to making fun of The Won.

MiracleHealthCareElixir-big.jpg

I take hypocrisy seriously. Remember, that's what started all of this.

You haven't provided any proof that I'm a hypocrite - you just jumped in with accusations.

Chew on that, bub.

You're a delusional twerp, which explains your illogical conclusions.

It's really beyond the pale to be mean to Lumpikins in his Own Thread.

Just sayin'.

You are "in the zone" and magnificent.

Little Bobbi can be so distracting and fairly useless in a thread, like a mosquito..

What "zone" would that be exactly?

The 'say nothing significant and get props from Lumpy anyway' zone?

This is your brain on drugs.

The excuses, the lying, the lack of leadership qualities, the hen pecked husband, the bending over for other world leaders .. I'm thinking Obama has to be the most flaccid President this country has ever endured...

Well..

Seeing as a good number of terrorists are taking a dirt nap..and there have been no major attacks on the US homeland by Al Qaeda.

And seeing as, thus far, big natural disasters have been handled in an efficient and professional manner with minimal loss of life.

And seeing as most major companies in this country are experiencing record profits.

And seeing as some pretty big legislation was passed through congress, such as the ACA.

It's your analysis that's a little flaccid.

:eusa_shhh:

Dow Jones today:

Dow Jones Industrial Average
Dow Jones Indices: .DJI - Dec 31 4:04pm ET
13104.14+166.03 (1.28%)
Open
High
Low
Volume
Avg Vol
Mkt Cap
N/A

Kinda better than 4 years ago..no?

:lol:

1) The largest one-day point drop in DJIA history occurred on September 17, 2001 the first day of trading after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

2) On April 25, 2007, the Dow passed 13,000 in trading and closed above the milestone for the first time. Less than three months later, on July 19, the average set an all-time closing high above the 14,000 level: the fastest 1,000-point advance for the index since 1999.

Bush didn't make excuses but do you recall who controlled Congress Bush's last 2 years and were bent on destroying Bush even at the cost of the economy and well being of the American people?

You haven't provided any proof that I'm a hypocrite - you just jumped in with accusations.

Chew on that, bub.

It's not my fault you're being evasive about it.

I can't force you to be honest.

Honest about what? I don't think "when did you stop beating your wife" types of insinuations are worthy of a response, so I gave you the type you deserve.

Bush didn't make excuses but do you recall who controlled Congress Bush's last 2 years and were bent on destroying Bush even at the cost of the economy and well being of the American people?

Bush and the Republicans reputation was fubar by that time in 2006, that's why Democrats were able to take over control so convincingly.

Sweeping up the floor doesn't mean you understand what is driving up stock prices. "Where" one works is just a location.
Um..no dear.

I work with Technology.

Say it slowly..I know it's a little hard for you to fathom things that aren't using rocks and sticks.

Take your time.

You clearly don't work in finance, or you'd know what ZIRP means. But thank you for playing. You can collect your consolation prize of a 1970s era WIN button on your way out. You'll be needing it quite soon.

Well no..

I do work in Finance.

You don't.

I've worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And this new firm for the last 5 months.

You couldn't answer the questions.

It's pretty simple.

WINs is so 1970s conservative Republican..

Catch up.

Or you gonna tell me I don't know what that means either..

(Whip Inflation Now)

:eusa_shifty:

Chew on that, bub.

Honest about what? I don't think "when did you stop beating your wife" types of insinuations are worthy of a response, so I gave you the type you deserve.

Interesting use of quotation marks there.

You complained about drone attacks on innocents by Obama, I stated that you more than likely supported it by supporting the previous administration, and further by probably supporting the losing nominee this year, who would've undoubtedly done the same thing.

Am I assuming? Sure.

Your reaction however, is on par with someone that feels some guilt, not with someone who's been wrongly accused.

Winner winner Chicken Dinner?

Nope.

No cigar.

It was Bush policies that drove the American Economy into the crapper.

The limp dick talked about investment in education at his press conference today when out of control Federal spending is the problem.....he is fucking insane.

Um..no dear.

I work with Technology.

Take your time.

Well no..

I do work in Finance.

You don't.

I've worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And this new firm for the last 5 months.

You couldn't answer the questions.

It's pretty simple.

WINs is so 1970s conservative Republican..

Catch up.

Or you gonna tell me I don't know what that means either..

(Whip Inflation Now)

:eusa_shifty:

You didn't ask any questions worth answering, and never responded to mine regarding ZIRP and inflation. I doubt you have a job with any responsibility - or you'd have been able to handle those responses quite easily.

And the reason why I mentioned WIN is that we are at risk of a significant period of Stagflation, ala the late 70s, which you would recognize if you knew anything about economics and economic history.

You complained about drone attacks on innocents by Obama, I stated that you more than likely supported it by supporting the previous administration, and further by probably supporting the losing nominee this year, who would've undoubtedly done the same thing.

Am I assuming? Sure.

Your reaction however, is on par with someone that feels some guilt, not with someone who's been wrongly accused.

You made a false assumption, buckwheat.

The excuses, the lying, the lack of leadership qualities, the hen pecked husband, the bending over for other world leaders .. I'm thinking Obama has to be the most flaccid President this country has ever endured...

But definitely not the most limpid!

Am I assuming? Sure.

You made a false assumption, buckwheat.

Why did it take you so long to deny it, and why do you keep calling me buckwheat?

I really think you're full of shit about it too, btw.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Winner winner Chicken Dinner?

Nope.

No cigar.

It was Bush policies that drove the American Economy into the crapper.

Name the specific Bush polices you state are to blame and source your data.

Forum List

Back