the first time i saw frank zappa...

dweezil zappa just put on a concert here playing his dad's music, if I had money I would of gone. :(

One of the greatest regrets of my life is that I passed up every opportunity to see him.

I was first exposed back in grade school to "Uncle Meat" and I was a tone deaf weasel who had been bombarded by the Rolling Stones on the radio. When I heard Zappa, it was like tasting caviar for the first time; it was too rich for my tastes and I puked all over myself but said, "one day, I'm gonna GET it"

I spent the next years as a rabid Led Zep and Deep Purple fan and pretty much forgot about Zappa until "Overnight Sensation" again HOLY FUCKING MOLY!!!! I knew Chicago had a horn section and they were a "rock band" but this guy Zappa took it to the next level. And yeah, the guitar solo in "Montana" is better than anything Hendrix every played, but I still didn't go see him because I thought I needed big musical ears to GET it...sigh.

I still think that Joe's Garage is one of the reasons Bonham killed himself, that was our first introduction to Ike Willis and "Where's Five?" Vinny Colaiuta

He stopped touring in 1988 after "The Best Band You Never Heard in your Life" self destructed because the bass player Scott Thunes was running the rehearsals and was a big douchebag to all the other musicians and oddly enough I went into overdrive on my Zappa collection.

I've listened to Shut Up and Play Your Guitar at least 10,000 times and that's no lie -- and it's never once been on the radio

I saw Zappa years ago at Northrop at the University of MN.
Small venue, and the guitar solos always blew my mind.

First turned on to Zappa by a PBS broadcast of a live concert.

Many people I knew just didn't get it, and many still don't.

I saw Zappa years ago at Northrop at the University of MN.
Small venue, and the guitar solos always blew my mind.

First turned on to Zappa by a PBS broadcast of a live concert.

Many people I knew just didn't get it, and many still don't.

If he were a Communist and drug user, he'd be bigger than Bieber and the Beatles

Forum List

Back