The First Rule of Amnesty Fight Club

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
this sounds like a plan. Call your Republican Representatives ASAP

SNIP:
Don’t make this a battle between Congress and the president. Make it a battle within Congress.

ByRobert Tracinski
NOVEMBER19, 2014
Share on emailEmail
Share on printPrint
The latest reports say that President Obama is planning to spring his executive amnesty plan on the nation as early as this week, halting deportations and giving a kind of pretended legal status to millions of illegal immigrants.

President Obama says he’s doing this because Republicans in Congress have refused to act on immigration reform.

But of course he’s doing it before the new Republican Congress has even been sworn in. What he really means is that he has refused to negotiate with Republicans on an immigration bill. He wanted to dictate terms and tell Congress what kind of legislation it had to pass. Now that this has failed, he wants to turn immigration into an advantageous political issue, rallying Hispanic voters to support the president against the new congressional majority.

This is intended to put Republicans in a bind about how to respond, and the general view is that there are no good options. A retaliatory government shutdown, defunding the White House, toothless lawsuits, or impeachment—all of them have serious drawbacks. But if the Republicans simply lie back and do nothing, they risk alienating many of the voters who just gave them a big majority.

I propose a better option. It starts with recognizing the first rule of Amnesty Fight Club.
Those who saw the deeply odd 1999 movie remember that thefirst rule of Fight Clubis: “You do not talk about Fight Club.” (The second rule: “You do not talk about Fight Club.”) The first rule of Amnesty Fight Club is: Do not talk about amnesty. The second rule: Do not talk about immigration.

Why? Because this isn’t about amnesty or immigration. It’s about executive power. And Republicans need it to not be about immigration.

ALL of it here:
The First Rule of Amnesty Fight Club

De facto amnesty...

DHS on Certain Illegals: ‘Not Going To Be Deported Because They’ve Been Here a Long Time’
December 19, 2014 – Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said illegal aliens who have been in the United States "for years" will not be deported unless they are identified as criminals.
“From my homeland security perspective we want to encourage people who are in fact not removal priorities and have not been for years,” Johnson said at a Professional Services Council (PSC) annual membership meeting on Thursday in Arlington, Va. “These are people who are just simply not going to be deported because they’ve been here for years, we don’t have the resources and they’ve become integrated members of society and if they’re not removal priorities, i.e., they’re not criminals, I want to know who they are,” Johnson said.

“I want them to come out of the shadows," he said. "And so, we’re offering people, consistent with our legal authority, the opportunity to come out of the shadows, submit to a background check and be held accountable." Johnson also said he believes President Barack Obama’s has “legal authority” to put in place the amnesty plan he announced on Nov. 20 that will protect as many as five million illegal aliens from deportation. “Those executive actions are comprehensive in nature,” Johnson said. “The immigrant accountability aspect of it – the deferred action for adults -- has received a lot of attention.

Minors_0.jpg

Illegal immigrant minors being processed by Customs and Border Patrol.

“In my judgment and in the judgment of our office of legal counsel, we have the legal authority to fix our broken immigration system in a variety of ways, including deferred action,” Johnson said, in reference to extending deferred action for people who were brought to the United States illegally as children, to the parents of U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents who have been here for five years, and to spouses and sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents and U.S. citizens.

DHS on Certain Illegals Not Going To Be Deported Because They ve Been Here a Long Time CNS News

Forum List

Back