The First Recall Petition is in

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
La Crosse area Democrats have filed a petition with more than 21,700 signatures calling for a recall electoin of Sen. Dan Kapanke, one of eight Republicans targeted for his support of a controversial bill to curtail collective bargaining rights for public workers.

If 15,588 signatures are validated, Kapanke will be just the fifth Wisconsin lawmaker to face a recall election. Only two have been unseated.

Update: Kapanke recall petition filed

Looks like it will be a while before we know if enough are valid.

I heard that people were practically dragging the signature gatherers into their houses they were so eager to sign. People have been waiting weeks to get their "John Hancock" on those petitions. Signature gatherers tell stories of getting hugged by people in front of grocery stores.

I heard that people were practically dragging the signature gatherers into their houses they were so eager to sign. People have been waiting weeks to get their "John Hancock" on those petitions. Signature gatherers tell stories of getting hugged by people in front of grocery stores.

Then I'm honestly not that concerned.

See, if they really cared about it, they wouldn't be waiting for others to act.

You might not be concerned, but those eight Rethuglican representatives are...:lol:

:lol:

Dem Party of Wisconsin: Expect at Least Six Recall Elections

The chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is confident that at least six of the eight recall elections of state Senators that the party is seeking will be successful, leading to an unprecedented set of recall elections in the summer or fall.

In an interview, Mike Tate predicted that more districts would turn in their recall petitions early, like they did today with Dan Kapanke. “I see a tremendous amount of activity and energy on the ground,” Tate said. “We have people going door to door. You’ll see other elections filing under the 60-day window.”

Tate said that the petitions were filed in Kapanke’s election because “we’re done,” with many more signatures than what were needed for ballot status, including enough of a cushion in case some signatures are found to be invalid. And not one paid signature gatherer has been used in the Kapanke recall petition or any of the others; it has been an all-volunteer effort. That alone is pretty amazing. “The fact that we were able to get one quarter of the amount of people who voted in the last election to sign a sheet of paper to say that Kapanke should go in less than 30 days is pretty remarkable,” Tate said.

Dem Party of Wisconsin: Expect at Least Six Recall Elections | FDL News Desk

Had some of those people going through my neighborhood looking for signatures. I just ignored them.

Hopefully they all fail.

Who's going to get stuck with the bill for this? Most likely the Wisconsin taxpayer. Nice...

I find it extremely amusing that Democrat Senators run to Illinois to avoid a vote and Republican Senators are up for recall! I really never thought of Wisconsin of a backward state before!.. Until now of course.

And to think, they allow DNC to bus load union thugs to protest, the the thugs boycot and threaten businesses that want to be neutral and an activist judge breaks the law.... Just wow! Wisconsin has made a name for itself, now hasn't it?

DissConsin.

Let me get this straight, hate filled lefties want to recall elected republican officials because they don't like the bills that are introduced? Meanwhile you have democrats who fled the state for six weeks rather than do their duty and the left thinks it's just fine. The world is upside down under liberalism.

You might not be concerned, but those eight Rethuglican representatives are...:lol:

Nah, some of them have nothing to worry about because they're in safe districts. If just three Senate seats could be flipped, though, it would flip control back to the Dems. The way it looks they might get 2.

How sad that some call voters who realise they have been lied to by a successful candidate hate filled.

Some only like democracy if they get what they want

I find it extremely amusing that Democrat Senators run to Illinois to avoid a vote and Republican Senators are up for recall! I really never thought of Wisconsin of a backward state before!.. Until now of course.

And to think, they allow DNC to bus load union thugs to protest, the the thugs boycot and threaten businesses that want to be neutral and an activist judge breaks the law.... Just wow! Wisconsin has made a name for itself, now hasn't it?

DissConsin.

This is one more post which offers rumor as truth and opinon as fact. If authors of posts such as this didn't need to lie they would or might have some credibility.

Let me get this straight, hate filled lefties want to recall elected republican officials because they don't like the bills that are introduced? Meanwhile you have democrats who fled the state for six weeks rather than do their duty and the left thinks it's just fine. The world is upside down under liberalism.

I suppose the 'reality' in which you exist is the basis for your biased opinions and distortion of facts. Whether a legislator leaves the jurisdiction or participates in a filibuster s/he is engaging in a timeless practice - obstructionism. To suggest one party or liberals do so and conservatives do not is not hyperbole, it's a lie.

Forum List

Back