The first partial Obamacare repeal...and it's proposed by Democrats

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Go toward the light, Democrats. Soon you'll see...it's ALL too burdensome.

Senate Democrats float health tax repeal - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

By JENNIFER HABERKORN | 11/12/10 3:34 PM EST
Senate Democrats said Friday that they’re prepared to repeal a new tax reporting requirement in the health care reform law that has riled up small businesses over concern that the law is too burdensome.

The so-called 1099 provision would require businesses to file paperwork for all cumulative purchases from a vendor that top $600 in a year. It would have raised about $17 billion to help cover reform.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus said Friday that he’s responding to small businesses that have almost universally panned the proposal, which he once said was designed to recoup uncollected taxes.

The senator said he would introduce legislation to repeal the requirement. His office did not release the text or how he would pay for it. “Small businesses are the backbone of our economy in my home state of Montana and across the country, and they need to focus their efforts on creating good-paying jobs — not filing paperwork,” he said.

The requirement has proven to be a political hot potato. Both Republicans and Democrats have introduced legislation in the House and Senate to repeal the provision, but both paid for the measure with taxes or cuts that the other party would never support.

Read more: Senate Democrats float health tax repeal - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

Senate Democrats said Friday that they’re prepared to repeal a new tax reporting requirement in the health care reform law that has riled up small businesses over concern that the law is too burdensome.

The so-called 1099 provision would require businesses to file paperwork for all cumulative purchases from a vendor that top $600 in a year. It would have raised about $17 billion to help cover reform.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus said Friday that he’s responding to small businesses that have almost universally panned the proposal, which he once said was designed to recoup uncollected taxes.

The senator said he would introduce legislation to repeal the requirement. His office did not release the text or how he would pay for it. “Small businesses are the backbone of our economy in my home state of Montana and across the country, and they need to focus their efforts on creating good-paying jobs — not filing paperwork,” he said.

The requirement has proven to be a political hot potato. Both Republicans and Democrats have introduced legislation in the House and Senate to repeal the provision, but both paid for the measure with taxes or cuts that the other party would never support.

Read more: Senate Democrats float health tax repeal - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

I don't buy it. It's a feint to make people think the Democraps heard us.

It is not unusual for a law to be refined after passage.

Now once we add the public option then it will work even better.

AFL-CIO NOW BLOG | Health Insurance Profits Soar as Industry Mergers Create Near-Monopoly

Profits at 10 of the country’s largest publicly traded health insurance companies rose 428 percent from 2000 to 2007, while consumers paid more for less coverage. One of the major reasons, according to a new study, is the growing lack of competition in the private health insurance industry that has led to near monopoly conditions in many markets.

They made plenty of profit already

You just seem to forget what these companies have been doing to the American people for years now.

Majority of Americans Satisfied With Their Healthcare Plans

It's a few years old, but before government started telling people they should not be happy.

One reason this inconsistency may exist is that Americans are quite happy with their health plans. Eighty-three percent of Americans rate the quality of healthcare they receive as excellent or good, while only 15% say theirs is poor. Slightly less, 70%, say their healthcare coverage is excellent or good. These ratings have been fairly stable in the seven years in which Gallup's Healthcare survey has been conducted

Last edited:

It's a few years old, but before government started telling people they should not be happy.

One reason this inconsistency may exist is that Americans are quite happy with their health plans. Eighty-three percent of Americans rate the quality of healthcare they receive as excellent or good, while only 15% say theirs is poor. Slightly less, 70%, say their healthcare coverage is excellent or good. These ratings have been fairly stable in the seven years in which Gallup's Healthcare survey has been conducted

I have always been happy with my healthcare. That is my question to the Dems: Why stick your fingers into my healthcare for those in need? We have coverage for the uninsured already.

I have always been happy with my healthcare. That is my question to the Dems: Why stick your fingers into my healthcare for those in need? We have coverage for the uninsured already.

Because it's about controlling you, and not giving you healthcare.

I don't buy it. It's a feint to make people think the Democraps heard us.

Especially after Obama made appearences on the Hill just before passage to sway undecided Statists...and they rammed this shit toward us despite the fact they knew it wasn't wanted.

I too, am dubious as to intent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back