The first official Death Panel - IPAB

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
Price:

“The new health care law gives a board of fifteen unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats an incredible and disturbing level of decision-making authority over the quality and accessibility of health care for America’s seniors,” said Chairman Price. “The Independent Payment Advisory Board would have the power to determine what to pay doctors to provide treatments and services under Medicare. Denial of payment for care would ultimately lead to the denial of care for our seniors. That is an unacceptable vision for the future of Medicare."

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it" - Nancy Pelosi

Enjoy ... :thup:

Price:

“The new health care law gives a board of fifteen unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats an incredible and disturbing level of decision-making authority over the quality and accessibility of health care for America’s seniors,” said Chairman Price. “The Independent Payment Advisory Board would have the power to determine what to pay doctors to provide treatments and services under Medicare. Denial of payment for care would ultimately lead to the denial of care for our seniors. That is an unacceptable vision for the future of Medicare."

Medicare is a government run health insurance system, yes? The GOP agrees with the POTUS that in it's current state, it is unsustainable, yes? Don't PRIVATE insurance companies negotiate rates with doctors for services provided everyday of the week and twice on Sunday? I know BCBS certainly does, and they also have denied me prescriptions as well as at least two MRIs in the past. How is the IPAB any different? Why should it be any different?

"Hands off my government run Healthcare" , anybody?

Price:

Medicare is a government run health insurance system, yes? The GOP agrees with the POTUS that in it's current state, it is unsustainable, yes? Don't PRIVATE insurance companies negotiate rates with doctors for services provided everyday of the week and twice on Sunday? I know BCBS certainly does, and they also have denied me prescriptions as well as at least two MRIs in the past. How is the IPAB any different? Why should it be any different?

One more reason why we should end medicare.

Price:

We told the lying asswipes this before passage. The left became unhinged. Cried about Insurance companies while promoting this.

Swore there would be no "death panels" and declared all such claims were lies, hysteria, etc.

Even though it was THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE.

Lying asswipes, they don't deserve citizenship.

Price:

So how is IPAB not a death panel?......:eusa_whistle:

Price:

How IS it a death panel? Their role is to negotiate pricing. Which according to the GOP is perfectly normal and fine in our capitalistic society, right?

How IS it a death panel? Their role is to negotiate pricing. Which according to the GOP is perfectly normal and fine in our capitalistic society, right?

An unelected panel of bureaucrats (the death panel) decide what gets paid for and what doesn't. Denial of payment means denial of care.

Price:

Keyword being negotiate vs mandate.

Carry on

Liberals have to kill off the elderly. They are more likely to be conservatives.

An unelected panel of bureaucrats (the death panel) decide what gets paid for and what doesn't. Denial of payment means denial of care.
An insurance company also decides what gets paid and what doesn't. How is that any different? Are insurance companies death panels?

An insurance company also decides what gets paid and what doesn't. How is that any different? Are insurance companies death panels?

You can change insurance companies at anytime.

Agreed. I'll have to differ w/ driveby in this regard:

081309_darkow.jpg

Well, this is what ccentral planning is all about. It's as if the progressives want to ignore history in favor of their belief that "they" can do it again and make it work better. Fools, the whole lot of them.

They won't stop until they have it all.

Last edited:
Price:

:rolleyes:

Like EVERY insurance bureaucracy doesn't ALREADY have a panel of dedicated bureaucrats in place whose job function is to deny claims.

I'd rather have a public bureaucrat making the decision based on public rules than a private bureaucrat making the decisions based on this quarters profit projections.

But that doesn't help you when you're denied coverage and owe $50,000. Another company isn't going to now pay it in that scenario.

Really? So when your insurance company denies a drug or treatment your doctor orders for treatment of your cancer or diabetes, etc. you can simply buy insurance from another company?

Oh, one other bit of stupidity excuse me for exposing. You can vote against the elected officials who appoint the bureaucrats; you have no say who the CEO is who appoints the insurance adjusters.

Really? So when your insurance company denies a drug or treatment your doctor orders for treatment of your cancer or diabetes, etc. you can simply buy insurance from another company?

Oh, one other bit of stupidity excuse me for exposing. You can vote against the elected officials who appoint the bureaucrats; you have no say who the CEO is who appoints the insurance adjusters.

Please explain the stupidity.

I was denied my second shoulder surgery under my original insurance plan. I them shopped companies and subsequently changed. Got my second surgery about a month later.

And this was about 15 years ago, before liberals proclaimed our system broken.

Forum List

Back