The First Gentleman!?

Mr.Owl

Geaux Tigers!!!
Jul 7, 2011
Mandeville, Louisiana
A President's wife is the First Lady, So if a women becomes the President, what would we call her husband? First Gentleman? First Man? Any other suggestions?

First Gentleman works.

Here's a thought...what happens when our POTUS is married in a homosexual marriage?

Thenm depending on that relationsip, wouldn't the spouse be second lady or second gentleman?

A President's wife is the First Lady, So if a women becomes the President, what would we call her husband? First Gentleman? First Man? Any other suggestions?

How about just calling him Dickhead? Works for me.

First Gentleman works.

Here's a thought...what happens when our POTUS is married in a homosexual marriage?

Thenm depending on that relationsip, wouldn't the spouse be second lady or second gentleman?

I seriously doubt this will happen. Over 70 percent of the Country consider gays as ( properly) abnormal and do not support gay marriage, much less an openly gay President.

That term works, although when we get our first Female president, the husband (if any) would probably have to stay out of the spotlight to allow said president to assert her authority. This is less about actual authority and more about perception, especially among our older citizens.

On the other hand we have had female governors, which should allow for a smoother transition.

How about "The Gelding"?

For those who don't know, a gelding is a male horse who has been neutered. Sounds about right to me for a man whose wife is a politician.

First Gentleman works.

They would still be First because the other is President

P.S. I'm sure you already knew that, but I needed 15 posts to post a link:lol:

Forum List

Back