The first amendment doesn’t care if muslims are offended

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Those seem like the kinds of SC decisions as they should be made, not like those allowing indiscriminate stopping of vehicles by police for other than obvious, visibly present infractions. Interfering with vote counting also seems beyond their rightful decision making power.

In my mind, is is extremely difficult to imagine a case for anything other than the most liberal interpretation and acceptance of the First Amendment. Speech should be as free as possible, not only as free as desirable.

My question is why do liberals who HATE religion, always back up muslims, who treat women, gays, minorities like shit......I know why....but I find it interesting that noone ever asks them

This article is for all of you ignorant liberal Dumbocrats out there who keep excusing muslim violence and supporting oppression of free speech under the ultra ignorant "fire in a movie theatre" theory... These are actual Supreme Court cases. Why don't you people read and actually learn something for once.

Cain: The First Amendment Doesn’t Care If Muslims Are Offended | TheBlaze.com

Well here is what the President had to say:

"I know there are some who ask why we don’t just ban such a video. And the answer is enshrined in our laws: Our Constitution protects the right to practice free speech.

Here in the United States, countless publications provoke offense. Like me, the majority of Americans are Christian, and yet we do not ban blasphemy against our most sacred beliefs. As President of our country and Commander-in-Chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day -- (laughter) -- and I will always defend their right to do so.

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views, even views that we profoundly disagree with. We do not do so because we support hateful speech, but because our founders understood that without such protections, the capacity of each individual to express their own views and practice their own faith may be threatened. We do so because in a diverse society, efforts to restrict speech can quickly become a tool to silence critics and oppress minorities.

No one is excusing muslim violence.

My question is why do liberals who HATE religion, always back up muslims, who treat women, gays, minorities like shit......I know why....but I find it interesting that noone ever asks them

Why do you keep claiming that without naming some liberal names who back up muslim extremist? Check out uber liberal Bill Maher on the subject of backing up muslims.......

This article is for all of you ignorant liberal Dumbocrats out there who keep excusing muslim violence and supporting oppression of free speech under the ultra ignorant "fire in a movie theatre" theory... These are actual Supreme Court cases. Why don't you people read and actually learn something for once.

Do you have any examples of someone saying Innocence of Muslims should be banned?

The arrest of Nakoula Basseley Nakoula has nothing to do with the First Ammendment nor with the effects of the internet clips.

Nakoula is a convicted felon, on probation, who lied to Federal Authorities, used false names for identification, and other parole violations. He's not being charged with incitement to riot or anything else that has anything to do with the content of his film.

And one thing he has not yet been charged with is that he is not allowed internet access under the terms of his parole.

It can be claimed that he wouldn't have been arrested for violating his parole if his film hadn't had the reaction it had, but that's irrelevant...he's either guilty or not guilty of parole violations and it doesn't really matter why it was decided to pursue the charges.

I have answered my own question, the OP has links to other web sites in which some people argue that Innocence of Muslims is not protected by free speech.

A couple of nuts even went so far as to say:

Given this supposed “minister’s” role in last year’s riots in Afghanistan, where people died, and given his apparent or his alleged role in this film, where, not yet nailed down, but at least one American, perhaps the American ambassador is dead, it might be time for the Department of Justice to start viewing his role as an accessory before or after the fact.

I am reminded of a passage in Democracy in America:

If anyone could point out an intermediate and yet a tenable position between the complete independence and the entire servitude of opinion, I should perhaps be inclined to adopt it, but the difficulty is to discover this intermediate position. Intending to correct the licentiousness of the press and to restore the use of orderly language, you first try the offender by a jury; but if the jury acquits him, the opinion which was that of a single individual becomes the opinion of the whole country. Too much and too little has therefore been done; go farther, then. You bring the delinquent before permanent magistrates; but even here the cause must be heard before it can be decided; and the very principles which no book would have ventured to avow are blazoned forth in the pleadings, and what was obscurely hinted at in a single composition is thus repeated in a multitude of other publications. The language is only the expression and, if I may so speak, the body of the thought, but it is not the thought itself. Tribunals may condemn the body, but the sense, the spirit of the work is too subtle for their authority. Too much has still been done to recede, too little to attain your end; you must go still farther. Establish a censorship of the press. But the tongue of the public speaker will still make itself heard, and your purpose is not yet accomplished; you have only increased the mischief. Thought is not, like physical strength, dependent upon the number of its agents; nor can authors be counted like the troops that compose an army. On the contrary, the authority of a principle is often increased by the small number of men by whom it is expressed. The words of one strong-minded man addressed to the passions of a listening assembly have more power than the vociferations of a thousand orators; and if it be allowed to speak freely in any one public place, the consequence is the same as if free speaking was allowed in every village. The liberty of speech must therefore be destroyed as well as the liberty of the press. And now you have succeeded, everybody is reduced to silence. But your object was to repress the abuses of liberty, and you are brought to the feet of a despot. You have been led from the extreme of independence to the extreme of servitude without finding a single tenable position on the way at which you could stop.

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views, even views that we profoundly disagree with.
Please cite a time and place where we have done this?? :cool:

Japan 1941-1945.

Article 29 of the their constitution.
So we went to war with Japan in order to protect the "rights" of the Japanese citizens to express their views?

Silly me; I thought it was about Pearl Harbor........

btw Article 29 was written after the war. :cool:

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views, even views that we profoundly disagree with.

Japan 1941-1945.

Now, that you brought up Japan, maybe George W. Bush should have done after 9/11 what the idol and virtual GOD of Democrats, Franklin D. Roosevelt did after Pearl Harbor.

Sadly, instead, he made the statement that will surely go down in history as the most uninformed and idiotic statement EVER uttered by an otherwise normal and decent politician: "Islam is a religion of peace".

Japan 1941-1945.

So we went to war with Japan in order to protect the "rights" of the Japanese citizens to express their views?

Silly me; I thought it was about Pearl Harbor........

btw Article 29 was written after the war. :cool:

It was about stopping a fascist empire that had been conquering their neighbors since the mid 30's. Did they have that right before the war or did they get it during the occupation.

Japan 1941-1945.

Now, that you brought up Japan, maybe George W. Bush should have done after 9/11 what the idol and virtual GOD of Democrats, Franklin D. Roosevelt did after Pearl Harbor.

Sadly, instead, he made the statement that will surely go down in history as the most uninformed and idiotic statement EVER uttered by an otherwise normal and decent politician: "Islam is a religion of peace".

Why would Bush have declared war on Japan after 9-11? :confused:

Yes, Islam is the religion of peace; but muslims don't take nonsense from anyone. :cool:

Actually Islam is the religion of piece, but only when dynamite, bags of nails and children to strap them to aren't available...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Why do you keep claiming that without naming some liberal names who back up muslim extremist?

Seriously? They have to do that for you? I agree with you on one thing, you are blind...

I'll bet for every one name, I could find hundred or more who do not back up Mulsim Extremist. Do you think Maher is a liberal? If there are any liberals who support muslim extremist on this board please speak up!:eusa_whistle:

Yes, Islam is the religion of peace; but muslims don't take nonsense from anyone. :cool:

Isalm may be a religion of peace but some Muslims sure can be very violent people.

But then again that goes for most of mankind too.

Last edited:
Why do you keep claiming that without naming some liberal names who back up muslim extremist?

Seriously? They have to do that for you? I agree with you on one thing, you are blind...

I'll bet for every one name, I could find hundred or more who do not back up Mulsim Extremist. Do you think Maher is a liberal? If there are any liberals who support muslim extremist on this board please speak up!:eusa_whistle:

Wow, the cops are wasting their time, aren't they? If there are any bank robbers, please speak up! Otherwise we'll assume there aren't any. This public service announcement has been brought to you on behalf of the blind...

Forum List

Back