The Filibuster: All That's Left for the Dems

archangel said:
Ya kinda lost me on this one...what is it that you are really saying?
my point is that when people argue about abortion rights they inevitably ask 'where in the constitution does it guarantee the right to abortions', yet it quite clearly states in the constitution in the 9th and 10th amendment to the bill of rights -

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This means that it must NOT be assumed that the right does not exist unless enumerated in the constitution

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This means that unless a power is specifically designated to the US government or prohibited to the US government by the states, that those rights are reserved to the states respectively or to the people. The people have EVERY right unless the state denies it via populace/popular vote or the STATES, via constitutional amendment, deny the right.

Mr. P said:
I've not claimed there was, what's your point?

The court claimed there was, they were obviously misreading it and seeing what they wanted to see when it clearly isn't there. And you back up their misreading for some reason.

Did you bump your head and lose all memory of this thread? YESTERDAY was freaky friday, bro.

rtwngAvngr said:
exaclty dk. It's a states rights issue. You seem to be learning.
patronizing me will only incur the wrath of the dark side. :bat:

SmarterThanYou said:
my point is that when people argue about abortion rights they inevitably ask 'where in the constitution does it guarantee the right to abortions', yet it quite clearly states in the constitution in the 9th and 10th amendment to the bill of rights -

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This means that it must NOT be assumed that the right does not exist unless enumerated in the constitution

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This means that unless a power is specifically designated to the US government or prohibited to the US government by the states, that those rights are reserved to the states respectively or to the people. The people have EVERY right unless the state denies it via populace/popular vote or the STATES, via constitutional amendment, deny the right.

I understood what you were saying...just playing the "Devils Advocate"for fun and to sucker Mr.P...sorry for the misunderstanding!

SmarterThanYou said:

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Right. The states should decide. Yet this is not acceptable to the libs.

However gotta run...getting hungry and the sun is out and warm it is...bye all!

archangel said:
I understood what you were saying...just playing the "Devils Advocate"for fun and to sucker Mr.P...sorry for the misunderstanding!
You can only play an idiot so many times before everyone catches on dip-stick. I think you past that limit..

I just wanted to say I'm disappointed with all of you. I posted the reasons I thought the Dems were using the filibuster. I also gave some links to why Roe v. Wade was 'bad law.' Some of these were from government sources, including SCOTUS justice Blackmun...yet you guys just want a pissing contest.

No discussion. :lalala: :trolls:

Kathianne said:
I just wanted to say I'm disappointed with all of you. I posted the reasons I thought the Dems were using the filibuster. I also gave some links to why Roe v. Wade was 'bad law.' Some of these were from government sources, including SCOTUS justice Blackmun...yet you guys just want a pissing contest.

Well, you should know it always goes to abortion..never "THE" topic..It just never works.

Kathianne said:

Oh, get over yourself.
:dance:

This was a discussion, and a good one at that.

rtwngAvngr said:
Oh, get over yourself.
:dance:

This was a discussion, and a good one at that.

That was not a discussion, that was a name calling rant. On both sides.

Mr. P said:
Well, you should know it always goes to abortion..never "THE" topic..It just never works.

No. THE TOPIC was judges asserting rights in the constiution which clearly are not there.

Kathianne said:
That was not a discussion, that was a name calling rant. On both sides.

No it wasn't kathianne. There was some snideness and jabbing, but everyone of MY posts at least had a valid on topic point to it. Except maybe the tko ko one. Get the stick out of it.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. THE TOPIC was judges asserting rights in the constiution which clearly are not there.

Yeah, like the right to privacy. All you just shouting, "It's there..." "No, it's not..." "Put up or shut up!" "...imbecile"

rtwngAvngr said:
No it wasn't kathianne. There was some snideness and jabbing, but everyone of MY posts at least had a valid on topic point to it. Except maybe the tko ko one. Get the stick out of it.

Jason you used to be on topic and not rude, unless someone was to you. I haven't been. Get over yourself and your own stick.

Kathianne said:
Jason you used to be on topic and not rude, unless someone was to you. I haven't been. Get over yourself and your own stick.

I'm not one of the newbie chicks you can intimidate with your crap, Kathianne. So just step off. How about them apples?

Forum List

Back