The Fight For Free Speech

YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are private sector companies and have every right to be cowardly and punitively shut down speech they don't like because they scoff at the wonderful phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it". That sentiment no longer applies in America.

If we don't like it, we can choose to not use them. Whatever. It is what it is.

How about if the SEC dismantles Google and Facebook and breaks them into a bunch of smaller companies?[/QUOTE]
Google does seem to have a monopoly.

Gimme some examples. I'm seriously drawing a blank. I hear your "lock her up" and "lock 'em up" and "shoot 'em" shit from the right all the time, but I'm not recalling that shit from the left. Maybe they'll torch your car or block traffic on the interstate at rush hour, but "lock him up?"

Calling for the impeachment of Trump immediately after he's elected for no other reason than they don't like his style amounts to the same thing.

Is this the point we have gotten to, people that call themselves conservatives are wanting the Govt to tell private companies what they must allow on their sites?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
How about if the SEC dismantles Google and Facebook and breaks them into a bunch of smaller companies?

That would be a very fascist move indeed, which I guess is why you support it

Is this the point we have gotten to, people that call themselves conservatives are wanting the Govt to tell private companies what they must allow on their sites?

How about if the SEC dismantles Google and Facebook and breaks them into a bunch of smaller companies?

Was it "fascist" when the government broke up Standard Oil?

Was it "fascist" when the government broke up Standard Oil?

Yep

There are entities that want the USA to progress real fast to an unknown future. Some of us are fine with what we know America to be. It seems to me that these progress fascists are often on the far left.

There are entities that want the USA to progress real fast to an unknown future. Some of us are fine with what we know America to be. It seems to me that these progress fascists are often on the far left.
Progressives are people who have no moral conscience or social responsibility. They don't have it, they don't want it, and they get upset when it is forced upon them. They are adults who have never matured mentally.

Forum List

Back