The Fifth Proof of God

Ummmm.... no. It is a logical proof.
It isn’t “proof” of anything. It’s a series of observations.
Observations that conclude everything has purpose which it does.

The conclusion that it is directed instead of random is based upon the observation that everything has purpose.

Another way to say this is that it is the nature of any creation to be the realization of some intention. We can use our own experiences to know that what we create is what we intended to create and that we created for a purpose.
Those obsevations don't demonstrate purpose.
When you make something do you do it for a reason?
You're putting the cart before the horse...
No. I am using your experiences as a proxy for my point.

It is the nature of things that are created by intelligence to have a purpose. You are intelligent and when you create things you do so for a purpose.

It isn’t “proof” of anything. It’s a series of observations.

The conclusion that it is directed instead of random is based upon the observation that everything has purpose.

Another way to say this is that it is the nature of any creation to be the realization of some intention. We can use our own experiences to know that what we create is what we intended to create and that we created for a purpose.

It is the nature of things that are created by intelligence to have a purpose. You are intelligent and when you create things you do so for a purpose.
But I'm not a first cause, so it doesn't work...

The Fifth Way: Argument from Design

1. We see that natural bodies work toward some goal, and do not do so by chance.

2. Most natural things lack knowledge.

3. But as an arrow reaches its target because it is directed by an archer, what lacks intelligence achieves goals by being directed by something intelligence.

4. Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God.

there is still no PROOF of G-d. G-d is about faith.

why do you keep doing this?
Because among other things, He is a logical God. Do you really believe He would not leave us ways to discover His invisible attributes?

It works 100%. Now you should be able to understand the proof. And if you still can't. I can't help you. We will have reached an impasse.

It works 100%. Now you should be able to understand the proof. And if you still can't. I can't help you. We will have reached an impasse.
It doesn't work 100%. Nor am I at an impasse. I'm fully capable of continuing forward...

It doesn't work 100%. Nor am I at an impasse. I'm fully capable of continuing forward...
It does because you create things for reasons. Don't be a dumbass. See? I told you we were at an impasse.

It does because you create things for reasons. Don't be a dumbass. See? I told you we were at an impasse.
That's not an impasse, that's you forfeiting reasoned discussion, in favor of name calling, because you have no intelligent answer to further your position.

That's not an impasse, that's you forfeiting reasoned discussion, in favor of name calling, because you have no intelligent answer to further your position.
No. It's I am done. There is nothing left to explain. I've already said it all. I'm happy with how it stands. You can keep arguing if you want.

1. We see that natural bodies work toward some goal, and do not do so by chance.

3. But as an arrow reaches its target because it is directed by an archer, what lacks intelligence achieves goals by being directed by something intelligence.

4. Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God.

None of htis is proof of the malicious bronze age sky fairy called Yahweh.
That's good because it wasn't intended to do that.

Stop jumping to conclusions that aren't there, Joe.

That's the only kind of conclusions he ever has.
They are intellectually dead because they follow beliefs which are intellectually dead because they aren't even beliefs, they are arguments against others having beliefs.

They are intellectually dead because they follow beliefs which are intellectually dead because they aren't even beliefs, they are arguments against others having beliefs.

Indeed. Excellent observation.

They have never made an honest effort to understand. Which is why I do what I do.

They have never made an honest effort to understand. Which is why I do what I do.

It's obvious they have never taken an empirical lab science course, that is certain.

It's obvious they have never taken an empirical lab science course, that is certain.
Science is the study of nature to understand nature and make predictions about nature. If men are unable to understand that the universe is a product of intelligence, then they are without excuse.

Sometimes I create things for no reason at all.

Did ding say "logic"? O my. What a shitshow this is. shillian, joeB, ding, and logic.

Tbh you sorry leftist shills, I'm rooting for ding to own your stupid asses. I may even back him up.

Logic is not his strong suit, however.

Sometimes I create things for no reason at all.
Sure, so what?

Forum List

Back