The Fictitous "Gender Pay Gap"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Again today, I read an article in The Guardian claiming that [BRACE YOURSELF!] not only is the Gender Pay Gap ("GPG") surviving, but IT IS ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE! Recent female college graduates are getting on average $4/hr LESS than their male counterparts!

Oh, the horror of it all!

Let me preface my following remarks with my recommendation to resolve the issue: Let's find every employer who pays women LESS to do the same job as a man, and throw the Supervisors, the entire HR Department, and the President of the company in Jail for LIFE! Seriously.

And here are the guidelines:

The woman in question must have the same or an equivalent education as her higher-paid male counterpart,
The woman in question must have the same or equivalent experience,
The woman in question must be doing the same or substantially the same work,
The woman in question must work the same hours, including overtime, and must be as willing to travel overnight on business as her male counterpart,
The woman in question must have the same or equivalent attendance record over time.

If that is all true, then punish the perpetrators as I have detailed above.

But even if you do that, the GPG will remain.

Why?

Because men generally tend to follow careers that require more rigorous education (e.g., engineering vs. education). Men tend to do work that is more dangerous and physically demanding. Men tend to take jobs that require more time, more travel, and even the possibility of relocation - which women generally shun. Men do NOT take years out of the workforce to nurture children or care for elderly family members. Men who enter lower paying careers (e.g., food service) will generally only take jobs that pay a living wage, or can be made to pay a living wage with overtime.

If women were willing to "do the same job as a man" for 79% of what would have to paid to a man, then no rational employer would ever hire a man.

The GPG is mainly mythical, and politicians who promote it are liars, as well as subversives.

Like racism, it exists and it is bad, but like racism, it is relatively rare and usually harmless.

Again today, I read an article in The Guardian claiming that [BRACE YOURSELF!] not only is the Gender Pay Gap ("GPG") surviving, but IT IS ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE! Recent female college graduates are getting on average $4/hr LESS than their male counterparts!

Oh, the horror of it all!

Let me preface my following remarks with my recommendation to resolve the issue: Let's find every employer who pays women LESS to do the same job as a man, and throw the Supervisors, the entire HR Department, and the President of the company in Jail for LIFE! Seriously.

And here are the guidelines:

The woman in question must have the same or an equivalent education as her higher-paid male counterpart,
The woman in question must have the same or equivalent experience,
The woman in question must be doing the same or substantially the same work,
The woman in question must work the same hours, including overtime, and must be as willing to travel overnight on business as her male counterpart,
The woman in question must have the same or equivalent attendance record over time.

If that is all true, then punish the perpetrators as I have detailed above.

But even if you do that, the GPG will remain.

Why?

Because men generally tend to follow careers that require more rigorous education (e.g., engineering vs. education). Men tend to do work that is more dangerous and physically demanding. Men tend to take jobs that require more time, more travel, and even the possibility of relocation - which women generally shun. Men do NOT take years out of the workforce to nurture children or care for elderly family members. Men who enter lower paying careers (e.g., food service) will generally only take jobs that pay a living wage, or can be made to pay a living wage with overtime.

If women were willing to "do the same job as a man" for 79% of what would have to paid to a man, then no rational employer would ever hire a man.

The GPG is mainly mythical, and politicians who promote it are liars, as well as subversives.

Like racism, it exists and it is bad, but like racism, it is relatively rare and usually harmless.

Also, if a gender gap ever did develop Republican capitalism would take care of it. A firm could hire all women and achieve a competitive advantage thanks to the lower wages women were getting. That would start a competition to hire women which would drive up their wages to parity. This is why we have to love Republican capitalism. Democrats cant love it because they lack the IQ to understand it, sadly.

Forum List

Back