The feline mystique

Sep 12, 2008
cathouse.jpg

My desk, with the cat in her usual spot. It is kind of hard to tell, but if I want to move out of that chair, given the location of the dining table and one thing and another, I have to put my left foot on her any time I move from this chair. And every time I move, she gives me a dirty look as if I am the one inconveniencing her. There are 750 square feet in in this apartment, and she wants that one and no other.
At least until 10:pm, when she moves to the exact center of the bed.

Last edited:
cathouse.jpg

My desk, with the cat in her usual spot. It is kind of hard to tell, but if I want to move out of that chair, given the location of the dining table and one thing and another, I have to put my left foot on her any time I move from this chair. And every time I move, she gives me a dirty look as if I am the one inconveniencing her. There are 750 square feet in in this apartment, and she wants that one and no other.
At least until 10:pm, when she moves to the exact center of the bed.
Pretty kitty!
Why do they hold such power over us?
My white one's preferred spot after she shreds my New Yorker is on the keyboard. My black one likes to watch me wash dishes while lounging on the dish dry rack

That's cute!

I've had an office kitty for 4 years now. Her name is Office Kitty. She refuses to eat unless I put her bowl on my desk. She's mostly a pain in the ass but at least it's company.

I used to have two kittens who would ambush my chair, my head, my shoulders, my leg and my keyboard whenever I was at my computer.

And not gently.

I was doing a phone interview for a job one time. I was relaxing here in front of the computer while talking to the interviewer, when the cat suddenly decided to jump on my lap.

She is not a young cat, maybe 12-15 or so. She is no so spry as she used to be. She couldn't quite make it up, so she used her claws to secure a paw-hold in my lap, securing my masculinity through my pants.

I expressed my opinion about this in a stentorian voice into the telephone. The interview ended shortly thereafter.

I didn't want that job anyway.

Either one finds the arrogance of cats charming, or one finds it annoying.

Cats seriously couldn't care less how we find it.

Forum List

Back