The federal reserve is going to pull another ONE TRILLION DOLLARS OUT OF THEIR ASS!

If a consumer is not WILLING to buy a product, how is there demand?

Demand is a negatively sloped curve, not an absolute value.

If a consumer is not WILLING to buy a product, how is there demand?

Demand is a negatively sloped curve, not an absolute value.

Demand is defined by the willingness and ability of a market participant to consume, is it not?

Demand is defined by the willingness and ability of a market participant to consume, is it not?

You left out price level.

Demand is defined by the willingness and ability of a market participant to consume at a given price level.

You left out price level.

Demand is defined by the willingness and ability of a market participant to consume at a given price level.

Right.

So when a given price level falls, the willingness and ability, all else being equal, increases.

Melvin & Boyes:

5 Phrases regarding demand:

1. The quantity of a well defined good or service that
2. people are willing and able to buy
3. during a particular period of time
4. decreases as the price of that good or service rises, and increase as the price falls
5. everything else held constant.

If the price of credit falls, demand should increase.

I think you're ignoring the fact that the market is not perfectly competitive, and that some businesses DO have market power.

The national widget chain can set its prices lower or higher as it wishes, not necessarily having to worry about clearing supply, while the local mom and pop widget store most likely needs to clear supply while getting a SPECIFIC price, not having the leverage to adjust down and compete with the national chain and possibly going out of business.

So when a given price level falls, the willingness and ability, all else being equal, increases.

Not really. Look at the graph! The curve is there. Demand at all price levels is already defined. You haven't increased willingness or ability to consume AT THAT PRICE LEVEL. You've caused movement along a demand curve. You have not increased demand.

Demand and quantity demanded are not the same thing. Demand is the curve. Quantity demanded is the value on that curve that corresponds to a given price level.

I think you're ignoring the fact that the market is not perfectly competitive

No Paulie, I'm not. Like I said, I'm certified to teach this stuff. Oligopolistic power is a definite drag on macro-economic performace, no doubt about it. What people in the business community don't comprehend is the difference between micro and macro economics. All over the place, what makes sense in the micro makes no sense in the macro. Your own example of Oligopoly and monopoly is a prime example.

Last edited:
Who has credibility on the issue of keeping America solvent???

Democrats? NO

Republicans? NO

Get real. In 2000, we were under $6 trillion in debt and running either a small surplus or a minuscule deficit. Today, thanks to the All GOP sellout of America to the cause of Zionism 2001-2006, and the massive porkfest by the Dems 2009-2011, which now has the national debt at 22+ tril, it is clear that if we give the entire government to one side.... the DEBT GROWS EVER FASTER.... because neither the Dems nor the post 1998 GOP give a shit about America...

Which party is for CUTTING SPENDING, attacking the real problem??

the LIBERTARIAN PARTY

and THAT's IT.

I changed my mind and became a citizen.

God bless America.

community-Icon-fo4f3k5bd4521.png
2019_07_07_13_00_27_flame_zone_raf_room_page_237_us_message_board_political_discussion_forum-jpg.273394

Forum List

Back