The FCC needs to be Destroyed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by kherma1, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kherma1

kherma1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It is plain and simple, if you are for the FCC, you are against freedom. If you are against freedom, that is fine, but stand up and proclaim yourself to be a fascist. If you don't like something, then don't look at it.

"In an attempt to justify why the FCC managed to rule a documentary on blues musicians indecent, new FCC Chairman Martin responded with this explanation: "It's really simple now. Just count the number of letters in every word you say on the air. If it's four, you're obscene."

http://www.firethefcc.com/fcc-rulings-criticism290306.shtml

:chains:

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    so what?

You don't have a clue. You're all bark, ya know? With great freedom comes great responsibility. :D

3. kherma1

kherma1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh right, and your the responsible one. Like I said, if you don't like it, don't look at it. What is so difficult and so irresponsible about that.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

it's 'you're'...not 'your'. WTF is up your butt? I bet...just bet this is a duplicate account... :)

5. kherma1

kherma1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There isn't a need to talk down to others.

But on topic, since I think it is better to talk about those issues that matter, Thomas Jefferson once said,

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."

The FCC is an organization set up to take away freedom of expression in order to push the agenda of a minority of the people. Then through political pressure they convince many people that the organization is needed to maintain order in the world.

Most of us know, however, that there is no proof that obscene images on TV, or language on radio cause any type of sociological reprecussions, since a study can not take place due to the absence of information to do so. If there is an independent study showing this I am actually curious and would like to know where I could find that :thup:

6. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Just listen to Howard Stern for ten minutes...major migrain...baby! :rolleyes:

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    And I suppose you think traffic laws, public nudity laws, slander laws, libel laws, and laws against terroristic threatening also violate your freedom of expression? There's got to be a limit somewhere, and just because you have to pay $20 a month for your nudie channel doesn't mean the FCC is violating Playboy's first ammendment rights.

8. nosarcasm

nosarcasm Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    In Germany poor me was kindergardened by the government that I can't watch
    violence on TV.

In the US the Kindergarden policy is no boobs and bad words.

In a perfect world its either no violence, no boobs and no bad words or

all of it.

Depends on your personality.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I don't particularly care for the activists in the FCC. However, the government does, and should, regulate the public airwaves.

However, the FCC has absolutely no business regulating cable/satellite TV, satellite radio, PPV, the internet, etc.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741