CDZ The FBI did record at least one Trump advisor

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Not totally shocking but here is the news: FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor former Trump adviser Carter Page

"The FBI obtained a secret court order last summer to monitor the communications of an adviser to presidential candidate Donald Trump, part of an investigation into possible links between Russia and the campaign, law enforcement and other U.S. officials said.

The FBI and the Justice Department obtained the warrant targeting Carter Page’s communications after convincing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judge that there was probable cause to believe Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power, in this case Russia, according to the officials." and so on.

Not totally shocking someone who calls Russia daily gets tapped.

The warranty was probably legal. I'm a small government/anti Patriot Act type though so I dunno.

I guess the people who can really complain about this are Trump supporters who are against the Patriot Act.

That means they have probable cause that he was illegally operating as a foreign agent.

This was a fishing expedition ......they had no reason to get the warrant.

From the article:
"Since the 90-day warrant was first issued, it has been renewed more than once by the FISA court, the officials said."
That, in and of itself, doesn't indicate guilt, but it does indicate whatever probable cause gave rise to the court granting the warrant is/was persistent rather than merely a one-off event or brief set of therefore.

If American citizens associated with the Trump campaign collaborated with Russians to propagandistically influence the 2016 election in Trump's favor, a question for which I want an answer is, "Did the American(s) who did so know they were aiding and abetting such an effort or were they, and everyone else who knew or had an idea of what they were doing, genuinely unwitting pawns?"

See my separate thread on Trump's exaggeration of the FBI FISA warrant.

Had nothing to do with BH Obama.

BHO didn't even know about it.

Trump should apologize for his slander.

It will probably take Trump several years to finally apologize same as with the Birther thing.

See my separate thread on Trump's exaggeration of the FBI FISA warrant.

Had nothing to do with BH Obama.

BHO didn't even know about it.

Trump should apologize for his slander.

It will probably take Trump several years to finally apologize same as with the Birther thing.

nothing happened without obama knowing about it.....

From the article:
"Since the 90-day warrant was first issued, it has been renewed more than once by the FISA court, the officials said."
That, in and of itself, doesn't indicate guilt, but it does indicate whatever probable cause gave rise to the court granting the warrant is/was persistent rather than merely a one-off event or brief set of therefore.

If American citizens associated with the Trump campaign collaborated with Russians to propagandistically influence the 2016 election in Trump's favor, a question for which I want an answer is, "Did the American(s) who did so know they were aiding and abetting such an effort or were they, and everyone else who knew or had an idea of what they were doing, genuinely unwitting pawns?"

It was a fishing expedition that failed......they used the FISA warrant to spy on Trump's short term worker...

So Trump was right that members of his team were surveilled, as was Nunes.
The public denials were that Obama himself and specifically had Trump himself wiretapped. That was the nature of the denials because that was the nature of Trump's tweets, all four of them.

And, no, "wiretap" does not mean "surveillance in general." "Surveillance" can, however, include or refer to wiretaps, which are a specific form of surveillance.

All dogs are mammals, but not all mammals are dogs.

From the article:

It was a fishing expedition that failed......they used the FISA warrant to spy on Trump's short term worker...

I dunno. Wasn't I reading earlier about some "Trump boys" having to declare themselves as foreign agents?

Perhaps they were fishing for bass in a catfish lake lol.

What was my line...."If try to call Putin, Osama Bin Laden (who is dead) or some Chinese military base every day for a month and am surprised the HSA and or FBI of Bush II, Obama or Trump listen in on my calls I am an idiot."

Forum List

Back