The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S.

A billion dollar black market industry + the cost of enforcement of MJ laws + the hypocrisy of requiring tobacco and alcohol regulation and not MJ + not doing anything differently = Insanity.

We need to regulate MJ, tax it and require a license for its sale. Create strands with different levels of THC - much like the content of alcohol is regulated - and sell products, muffins, brownies, etc. which will give the user a high and not attack the lungs.

In the many drug training classes I've taken, the only two medical problems associated with the use of MJ were the tars and gases produced by smoking and the development of the corpus callosum, thus its use by preteens and teens is not advised.

Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post.

Legal Marijuana Is The Fastest-Growing Industry In The U.S. Report

Marijuana kills brain cells. Maybe not all at once, but they do die. Sorry, I do not agree with legalizing it. Doctors have better choices to treat these medical conditions so marijuana use would not be necessary. Combine that with the risk of getting schizophrenia and becoming jobless and homeless if the treatment doesn’t work, and I see no real public benefit of legalizing the drug.
Fuck medical conditions, most of us smoke to get high.

Complete legalization will kill the industry.

Who would buy weed that can grow in almost any space?

Joblessness and homelessness are not related to marijuana.

I've smoked weed since the '60's, have never been homeless(well, one long weekend when I couldn't find a friend) or jobless(unless I felt like it).

There are millions of us out here, potheads that lead perfectly normal lives, never let weed interfere, and now, are comfortably retired and still tokin'.
Your retired dude, now hair test are cheap, I am so glad I grew up and partied in the 80s you can not get away with anything now a days and I so miss my hash and blow
I became self employed when the drug testing started...

Funny.. all we here is how bad smoking is... now the government is pushing weed.

:)

I guess it's an ideal situation... a stoned populace.
No kidding what I read you can not light up a smoke in some indoor places of Colorado, but can light up a joint? WTF?

They all say that

They became self employed

Have fun with that paper route job

Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post.

Marijuana kills brain cells. Maybe not all at once, but they do die. Sorry, I do not agree with legalizing it. Doctors have better choices to treat these medical conditions so marijuana use would not be necessary. Combine that with the risk of getting schizophrenia and becoming jobless and homeless if the treatment doesn’t work, and I see no real public benefit of legalizing the drug.

Come talk to me when you have breast cancer. When you're spending your days throwing up all day long.

Come tell me how the very expensive pharmaceutical drugs work on you while you're throwing them up right after you take them.

Then tell me you won't try anything under the sun to make you not throw up 24-7 365 days a year.

Tell me that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to not die and leave my child without my love and guidance while she's growing up.

Tell my husband that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to stay alive and grow old with him

Then tell me I have no right to fight for my life.

It's people like you who really make me disgusted. You lie about the drug and then want to make people criminals for just trying to save their own lives.

A drugged society is a compliant society. That's the purpose. A culture of addicts will do anything to keep the drugs flowing.
Funny.. all we here is how bad smoking is... now the government is pushing weed.

No kidding what I read you can not light up a smoke in some indoor places of Colorado, but can light up a joint? WTF?

according to a poster here from Colorado he said you cant do that and posted the law stating that....cigs and pot not allowed in public indoor places...

I haven't been to Colorado in years so I can't comment on that state.

However, I have been to Canada recently.

I went into a cafe where marijuana is legal to smoke.

My friend tried to light up a cigarette.

You would think that she committed murder! Everyone started yelling at her to put it out and there's NO SMOKING in here.

While a huge cloud of marijuana smoke engulfed the whole cafe.

I just shook my head.

A drugged society is a compliant society. That's the purpose. A culture of addicts will do anything to keep the drugs flowing.

according to a poster here from Colorado he said you cant do that and posted the law stating that....cigs and pot not allowed in public indoor places...

And neighborhoods can keep you from smoking pot in your house....or growing it.....

I am a 49 year old republican voter, but I don't see what The big deal is, if I could go to Walgreen once and a while and pick up an 1/8 ball of coke, or a gram of hash?

Hell bars are legal and alcohol to our brain is the same thing as opiates

Come talk to me when you have breast cancer. When you're spending your days throwing up all day long.

Come tell me how the very expensive pharmaceutical drugs work on you while you're throwing them up right after you take them.

Then tell me you won't try anything under the sun to make you not throw up 24-7 365 days a year.

Tell me that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to not die and leave my child without my love and guidance while she's growing up.

Tell my husband that it's wrong for me to do everything in my power to stay alive and grow old with him

Then tell me I have no right to fight for my life.

It's people like you who really make me disgusted. You lie about the drug and then want to make people criminals for just trying to save their own lives.
Many of these progressives are still living in the 1920's...

This thread is misleading any ways, the underground drug trade has always been a billions of dollars industry

The war on drugs is a billion + industry for law enforcement, prisons etc.

Not LE per se, maybe the DEA but not local or state agencies. The enforcement of MJ law is a cost-deficit impacting patrol, investigations, the Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the jails.

In many places possession of less than an ounce is an infraction, a short sighted effort to save money for local jurisdictions, for to purchase MJ one must support the supplier, a criminal element and billion dollar black market. All who operate without paying taxes.

I've smoked weed since the '60's, have never been homeless(well, one long weekend when I couldn't find a friend) or jobless(unless I felt like it).

There are millions of us out here, potheads that lead perfectly normal lives, never let weed interfere, and now, are comfortably retired and still tokin'.
Your retired dude, now hair test are cheap, I am so glad I grew up and partied in the 80s you can not get away with anything now a days and I so miss my hash and blow
I became self employed when the drug testing started...

This thread is misleading any ways, the underground drug trade has always been a billions of dollars industry

The war on drugs is a billion + industry for law enforcement, prisons etc.

Not LE per se, maybe the DEA but not local or state agencies. The enforcement of MJ law is a cost-deficit impacting patrol, investigations, the Prosecutors, Public Defenders, Probation and the jails.

In many places possession of less than an ounce is an infraction, a short sighted effort to save money for local jurisdictions, for to purchase MJ one must support the supplier, a criminal element and billion dollar black market. All who operate without paying taxes.

I am a 49 year old republican voter, but I don't see what The big deal is, if I could go to Walgreen once and a while and pick up an 1/8 ball of coke, or a gram of hash?

Cocaine is a dangerous drug, much more dangerous to the brain since its use depletes Dopamine and Serotonin leading to chronic depression in many abusers. Opiates are less harmful but extremely addictive.

Well there ya go a lot of jobs are at stake if we legalize it in all 50 states, just like if we have a flat tax

Where would.all these millions of now unemployed, prison gaurds, lawyers, IRS agents and the like work?

I did coke for 20 years and still a genius at injection molding

But I did quit 12 years ago

I agree with all you've said except for the part about growing.

The ability to grow things is not as universal as you may think. This is especially true for those who live in cities in small apartments. And there are many who would prefer to pay a reasonable price for an occasional ounce (or pound) of marijuana rather than bother with the hassle of growing their own.

If marijuana is universally legalized it will take a while for the competition factor, from other vendors and from independent growers, to drive prices down.

A key factor will be taxation. If government imposes an excessive tax on legal pot it will encourage independent growth. So it's likely there will be laws against independent growth -- just as there are laws against moonshining booze.

In the same way as the liquor indistry offers the public a wide variety of beverage alcohol products, ranging from low-proof dinner wines and light beers to knockout rums and tequilas, a legal marijuana industry will make so many interesting and desirable pot products available, from exotic bud strains to cakes and candies, that moonshining pot will eventually be as rare as is moonshining booze.

With cocaine you just understand that's it, as far as a speed rush as you can go, it's ok moderation , but don't get hooked on it like vodka, other wise your going to have a very short life I know

3 of my friends died in there 40s because of vodka

Cocaine is a dangerous drug, much more dangerous to the brain since its use depletes Dopamine and Serotonin leading to chronic depression in many abusers. Opiates are less harmful but extremely addictive.

I agree with all you've said except for the part about growing.

The ability to grow things is not as universal as you may think. This is especially true for those who live in cities in small apartments. And there are many who would prefer to pay a reasonable price for an occasional ounce (or pound) of marijuana rather than bother with the hassle of growing their own.

If marijuana is universally legalized it will take a while for the competition factor, from other vendors and from independent growers, to drive prices down.

A key factor will be taxation. If government imposes an excessive tax on legal pot it will encourage independent growth. So it's likely there will be laws against independent growth -- just as there are laws against moonshining booze.

In the same way as the liquor indistry offers the public a wide variety of beverage alcohol products, ranging from low-proof dinner wines and light beers to knockout rums and tequilas, a legal marijuana industry will make so many interesting and desirable pot products available, from exotic bud strains to cakes and candies, that moonshining pot will eventually be as rare as is moonshining booze.
They are selling 99 proof legal moonshine down here in South carolina at special stores now

Well there ya go a lot of jobs are at stake if we legalize it in all 50 states, just like if we have a flat tax

Where would.all these millions of now unemployed, prison gaurds, lawyers, IRS agents and the like work?
They can work at rebuilding the decaying infrastructure -- which could be financed with the substantial tax revenues generated by legal marijuana sales.

Forum List

Back