The Farce of the Deal......

Provide an example.

Of what? Different commodities? OK, cell phones and lemonade.
We already discussed cell phones...it’s a product for which people will pay an exorbitant price.

Not necessarily. You tack 20% on a one thousand dollar phone and you aren't going to sell as many.

Brand name lemonades such as Snapple will sell some of their product under Brand X just as they did after the 2008 crash.
Do you ever leave your house?
How can you not know this?

Great, irrelevant.
You are an ignoramus.
Why don’t you just admit you’re poor and any change in price will affect you?
There’s no shame in being poor.
There is shame in posting your usual nonsense.

OMG, you're a mess. :21:
I’m a mess?
Do you realize how stupid you are?
Anyway, you’re on your own.

China can not afford to lose the US market.

Wrong........Try to make sense of this list of WHERE China exports and try to conclude if China (or the U.S.) can survive this "cold war."

1. United States: US$479.7 billion (19.2% of total Chinese exports)
  2. Hong Kong: $303 billion (12.1%)
  3. Japan: $147.2 billion (5.9%)
  4. South Korea: $109 billion (4.4%)
  5. Vietnam: $84 billion (3.4%)
  6. Germany: $77.9 billion (3.1%)
  7. India: $76.9 billion (3.1%)
  8. Netherlands: $73.1 billion (2.9%)
  9. United Kingdom: $57 billion (2.3%)
  10. Singapore: $49.8 billion (2%)
  11. Taiwan: $48.7 billion (2%)
  12. Russia: $48 billion (1.9%)
  13. Australia: $47.5 billion (1.9%)
  14. Malaysia: $45.8 billion (1.8%)
  15. Mexico: $44.1 billion (1.8%)

Looking at the above list as to WHERE (and how much) China exports goods, one can see the drastic mistake of Trump pulling out of the TPP.

TARIFFS!! The dems are whining about TARIFFS!!

1. What percent of goods sold in the US are from China? ANS: About 15%
2. Who has the much stronger hand in negotiations, the US or China? ANS: the US

what percentage of goods sold in the us are made in china - Google Search
Only about 15 percent of U.S. imports come from China. Moreover, all of the basic types of manufactured consumer goods that China exports to the United States (clothing, textiles, footwear, toys, small appliances, etc.) can be imported from other countries or could be produced domestically.

Only 19% of what China exports goes to the US.
Doesn't sound like much until you compare China's top trading partners. .
  1. United States: US$479.7 billion (19.2% of total Chinese exports)
  2. Hong Kong: $303 billion (12.1%)
  3. Japan: $147.2 billion (5.9%)
  4. South Korea: $109 billion (4.4%)
  5. Vietnam: $84 billion (3.4%)
  6. Germany: $77.9 billion (3.1%)
  7. India: $76.9 billion (3.1%)
  8. Netherlands: $73.1 billion (2.9%)
  9. United Kingdom: $57 billion (2.3%)
  10. Singapore: $49.8 billion (2%)
  11. Taiwan: $48.7 billion (2%)
  12. Russia: $48 billion (1.9%)
  13. Australia: $47.5 billion (1.9%)
  14. Malaysia: $45.8 billion (1.8%)
  15. Mexico: $44.1 billion (1.8%

looks like a lot of room for growth. Only 3 EU countries, only 2 after Brexit is done.
China can not afford to lose the US market.
Libertarians and Liberals seem to be deaf to that fact.

China is not losing the US market. Trump is temporary

If these past couple of weeks are an indication of just how terrible the Trump administration is running our country, the beginning of the end has certainly begun.

But my concern is what the next 19 months will cause to our economy, post-Trump with his insane tariffs and anti free-trade policies.

There are reports that China will no longer be the biggest buyer of our 350,000 soy-bean farmers, since they've found willing sellers in Brazil and Argentina (and actually, the Chinese are pouring in millions to enhance the soy-bean harvest in those South American countries.)

China was also a huge buyer of our seafood...especially of lobsters from Maine....and has now switched to buying those delicacies from Canadians........and also, the once booming wine market from our western states has forced China to turn to European and Australian wineries.

The above few examples are important because we may never get these trades back, even when the tariffs are removed by a saner administration.

Trump's trade failures are not just temporary setbacks and we cannot expect American tax payers to keep subsidizing those US industries who are being devastated by this charlatan and his moronic deals.
relax, mueller will save us

Trump is temporary

I agree 100%........However, my worry is that China will find OTHER venues to import from and that loss to US exporters may last way beyond the orange clown's stench in the oval office.

Trump is temporary

I agree 100%........However, my worry is that China will find OTHER venues to import from and that loss to US exporters may last way beyond the orange clown's stench in the oval office.

There is a good chance that Brazil and other countries in that region will take a good portion of our sales of Soybeans to China and they might never come back

However, the monies are not going to small farmers, it's going to the corporate farms.

No you don't have a choice, thanks to tRUMP.

Trump announces $16 billion in aid to farmers as trade war continues
The bailout is the second aid package issued to help the agriculture industry as tensions with China remain high.
USDA unveils new trade aid for farmers, ranchers
The Trump administration will make up to $16 billion in new direct payments to producers and commodity purchases under a trade assistance package that was expanded and significantly modified from the aid package announced last year in response to retaliatory tariffs imposed on U.S. farm exports.

Its no opinion that these tariffs are the biggest tax increase in decades. This is objective truth.

The beer industry must layoff 40,000 workers due to tariffs. All this is because tariffs are paid by US businesses and US consumers.

Walmart says you'll pay more.
9opug4teu1y21.jpg

They are not paid by me, I have a choice....

Let me get this straight....trump is putting tariffs on China in order to hurt them and force them to deal....then he borrows money from China to pay farmers because he is actually hurting them.

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Forum List

Back