The Fairness Doctrine

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
How about this? You lie in media, you lose your job. Seems overwhelmingly fair.

The Newsweek writer behind a story on President Trump's Thanksgiving plans has been fired but is pushing back on the perception that the published story -- initially leaving out that Trump was visiting troops in Afghanistan, but rather mistakenly saying he would be "tweeting" and "golfing" -- was her fault.

Newsweek fires reporter after publishing mistakes in story about Trump's Thanksgiving plans: report
Is that why so many conservative "journalists" have their own websites, so they aren't pressured to fire themselves?

Kwong later told the Examiner that she was assigned the Thanksgiving story in advance and filed it to her editor on Wednesday, a day before Trump's trip became public.

seems Kwong was set up

~S~

The Newsweek writer behind a story on President Trump's Thanksgiving plans has been fired but is pushing back on the perception that the published story -- initially leaving out that Trump was visiting troops in Afghanistan, but rather mistakenly saying he would be "tweeting" and "golfing" -- was her fault.

Newsweek fires reporter after publishing mistakes in story about Trump's Thanksgiving plans: report
Is that why so many conservative "journalists" have their own websites, so they aren't pressured to fire themselves?

More likely because it's always better to be one's own boss, and not have to follow politically-approved guidelines from some flea-bit Commie editor.

Could we apply that to Presidents too? I'd like to see a scorecard of all media lies vs. Trump tweet/rally lies. Also between Fox and CNN, for that matter, related to witness smear campaigns.

Could we apply that to Presidents too? I'd like to see a scorecard of all media lies vs. Trump tweet/rally lies. Also between Fox and CNN, for that matter, related to witness smear campaigns.

The media's job is to be a watchdog, not a poodle.

Sorry to say, bullwinkle, but media acting as a congenital twin to one side of the coin is a far greater problem than the politicians themselves.

Sorry to say, bullwinkle, but media acting as a congenital twin to one side of the coin is a far greater problem than the politicians themselves.
Which media are you talking about, billy? Because in clips from Ingraham, Pirro, Hannity and Tucker plus the 3 bobbleheads on the couch...talk about congenital twins to one side of the coin. Sheesh!

Remember what George Carlin said? He said, "My stuff is stuff, your stuff is shit!"

Which media are you talking about, billy?

Your media.

Because in clips from Ingraham, Pirro, Hannity and Tucker plus the 3 bobbleheads on the couch...talk about congenital twins to one side of the coin. Sheesh!

They are commentators, not news reporters.

If it could objectively, fairly be set up, I'd be glad to see a comparison of President Trump's level of honesty, compared to that of either Bill Clinton or Barack Obama when they were in office. Not to say that Mr. Trump is perfect, but as far as willful lies and deception, he's no where in the same class as the other two.

It's memorable that Clinton's reputation as a pathological liar was so solidly established, that the Clinton-era movie Independence Day even poked a bit of affectionate fun at it.

Forum List

Back