the fair tax would get rid of the IRS. the fair tax would boost savings. friends, we need a fair Tax

Nobody has proposed a fair tax where the poor and working class do not end up paying more and the rich do not pay less

Well, there is a reason the OP made a point of not linking to any of the actual Bills themselves; I've read them all, and they all bury the loopholes way down near the end, where they hope nobody ever sees them. They're just jokes nobody need take seriously, much like your Democratic Party is.

A "fair tax" is nothing but a new name for a flat tax.

Which is a HUGE tax cut for the very wealthy and a MONSTER tax increase for everyone else.

False!

Flat Tax--- A "flat tax" is an income tax system in which everyone pays the same tax rate regardless of how much income they have.

Fair Tax-- The FairTax is a national sales tax that treats every person equally and allows American businesses to thrive, while generating the same tax revenue as the current four-million-word-plus tax code. Under the FairTax, every person living in the United States pays a sales tax on purchases of new goods and services, excluding necessities due to the prebate.

=================================

Fair Tax makes it impossible to cheat on taxes, and no IRS needed as it is immediately applied on every purchase. Save a lot of money and headache in the process.

Fair Tax is way better than Flat Tax, since there are no need to keep track of anything as it is applied every time you buy something. No more tax filings, No more paperwork, no more having to pay more or get a refund on last years taxes, since all that is eliminated by Fair Tax.

The rest you say is old worn out baloney.

Every mis-labeled 'Fair Tax' Bill I've ever read was baloney, especially the parts where corporations pay no taxes on anything they buy, and nobody pays sales taxes on buying stocks and bonds. No matter how you lie around it, a 15% flat tax on people who have to spend most of their income every month to survive is far higher tax rate on low incomes than a 15% flat sales tax on some trust fund punk who only has to spend less than 1% of their income just for basic necessities.

Try reading this again, left links to them, which you obviously ignored:

Flat Tax--- A "flat tax" is an income tax system in which everyone pays the same tax rate regardless of how much income they have.

Fair Tax-- The FairTax is a national sales tax that treats every person equally and allows American businesses to thrive, while generating the same tax revenue as the current four-million-word-plus tax code. Under the FairTax, every person living in the United States pays a sales tax on purchases of new goods and services, excluding necessities due to the prebate.

Note the words INCOME Tax and SALES Tax. Try reading the links next time..................., they would tax EARNED INCOME. Eight states already use a Flat Tax system, again all this and more in the link!

Nobody has proposed a fair tax where the poor and working class do not end up paying more and the rich do not pay less

Well, there is a reason the OP made a point of not linking to any of the actual Bills themselves; I've read them all, and they all bury the loopholes way down near the end, where they hope nobody ever sees them. They're just jokes nobody need take seriously, much like your Democratic Party is.
Even when they eliminate the loopholes for the rich, they have a way of working themselves back in under the guise of......they will create jobs

It is obvious you didn't read my links that addresses your claim, here are the links you IGNORED

I checked your link....it FAILs to provide an assessment of who will end up paying more and who will end up paying less

Given the bulk of the tax is on purchases and working class spends a higher percent of their income on purchases......it is obvious who will pay more

How about we treat stock buying and real estate transactions as purchases?

It is obvious you didn't read my links that addresses your claim, here are the links you IGNORED

I checked your link....it FAILs to provide an assessment of who will end up paying more and who will end up paying less

Given the bulk of the tax is on purchases and working class spends a higher percent of their income on purchases......it is obvious who will pay more

:auiqs.jpg:

Gawad it is clear you didn't read the links, why are you trying to lie past me on it?

Here is an example on what you didn't read, that destroys your lies:

Finance & Investing

LINK

You manage to miss the link about comparing current tax system with Fair Tax proposal, which makes clear the lower income brackets would pay LESS over all.

LINK

and this LINK

By the way the super rich already do a lot of non compliance with current Tax code, they use loopholes and sweet tax evasions that are built in the tax code, that only the rich can use.

Bill Gates has written off $20 Million using the holes in the Tax code.

Last edited:
So does that Walmart worker have 6 grand to pay for his Obamacare deductible every year you fucking sock?

One would only use Obamacare IF it was the cheapest or best value.
That's why it's still popular despite being cut by Trumpov.
Otherwise:

Health Plans

As to the bulk of my 3 posts, you have no reply
I have Twice your IQ and 100x more knowledge.
Bye twat.

`

Sock you cant outdebate a paper bag much less me..

Even when they eliminate the loopholes for the rich, they have a way of working themselves back in under the guise of......they will create jobs
So are you guys saying there is no way to devise a "Fair Tax" that is fair and protects the most vulnerable among us? That we must defend and protect a tax system that requires volumes of code, can only be deciphered by "experts," requires untold hours of compliance that do NOTHING to add to our prosperity, and which - for a price - can be scammed by the super rich you guys are so determined to have "pay their fair share?"

Keep in mind that in 2015 the top earning 17% of Americans paid over 80% of all federal personal income taxes while the bottom 44% paid 1.4%.

Who pays U.S. income tax, and how much?

If Dems (and GOP for that matter) wanted REAL tax fairness and reform, they would beg Trump
to pass the Fair Tax. Today wouldn't be tax day anymore. Bye-bye to IRS.

Pass the FAIRtax | FAIRtax.org

we need to overhaul and simplify the tax code, my friends!

Where would the thousands of unemployed IRS workers get a job at?

Who cares?

The government is not meant to be an employment agency

Or a healthcare provider or a lot of other shit it's gotten itself into and needs to get the hell out of.

Which is a HUGE tax cut for the very wealthy and a MONSTER tax increase for everyone else.

False!

Fair Tax makes it impossible to cheat on taxes, and no IRS needed as it is immediately applied on every purchase. Save a lot of money and headache in the process.

Fair Tax is way better than Flat Tax, since there are no need to keep track of anything as it is applied every time you buy something. No more tax filings, No more paperwork, no more having to pay more or get a refund on last years taxes, since all that is eliminated by Fair Tax.

Every mis-labeled 'Fair Tax' Bill I've ever read was baloney, especially the parts where corporations pay no taxes on anything they buy, and nobody pays sales taxes on buying stocks and bonds. No matter how you lie around it, a 15% flat tax on people who have to spend most of their income every month to survive is far higher tax rate on low incomes than a 15% flat sales tax on some trust fund punk who only has to spend less than 1% of their income just for basic necessities.

Note the words INCOME Tax and SALES Tax. Try reading the links next time..................., they would tax EARNED INCOME. Eight states already use a Flat Tax system, again all this and more in the link!

False!

I clicked on your OP link, and at your sniveling clicked on your 'flat tax' scam link; neither linked to any of the Bills. That's okay; we know why already. No need to waste more of my time on Link Fail # 3'.

Know the difference between a Bill and a web page full of propaganda?

So are you guys saying there is no way to devise a "Fair Tax" that is fair and protects the most vulnerable among us? That we must defend and protect a tax system that requires volumes of code, can only be deciphered by "experts," requires untold hours of compliance that do NOTHING to add to our prosperity, and which - for a price - can be scammed by the super rich you guys are so determined to have "pay their fair share?"

Keep in mind that in 2015 the top earning 17% of Americans paid over 80% of all federal personal income taxes while the bottom 44% paid 1.4%.

Who pays U.S. income tax, and how much?

What 'volumes of code' affects anybody all at once? The volume of code that affects me personally is very small, and is all laid out pretty clearly on the booklets that explain each form, same for most people I know. The volumes of code that are large are those demanded by corporate lobbyists and businessmen themselves, outlining all their special exemptions, subsidies, etc., which is why we have such accounting specialties as 'Oil and Gas' and the like. Big business loves to hamper and keep small businesses from becoming big businesses via tax codes, patent lawsuits, etc.

Again, if the 'Fair Tax' peddlers were actually serious they wouldn't be caught dead supporting the Bills they keep proposing, just as the 'laissez faire' types would be raising hell over the limited liability scam and short sale restrictions as loudly as they snivel and whine about minimum wage laws, which is merely an extension of the same principles..

Why not link to the actual Bills proposed if they're not ashamed for people to actually read them?

So what? They also take in more than 80% of all income; they merely get all kinds of deductions few but themselves qualify for that drastically reduces and under reports their real incomes. See the L-Curve for the real picture of incomes in the U.S., and the world, for that matter.

The L-Curve 2.0: An Updated Graph of the US Income Distribution

They should be paying 100% of Federal income taxes.

Last edited:

Gawad it is clear you didn't read the links, why are you trying to lie past me on it?

Finance & Investing

LINK

You manage to miss the link about comparing current tax system with Fair Tax proposal, which makes clear the lower income brackets would pay LESS over all.

LINK

and this LINK

By the way the super rich already do a lot of non compliance with current Tax code, they use loopholes and sweet tax evasions that are built in the tax code, that only the rich can use.

Damn...
30 percent sales tax will be very unpopular
It will be hard to convince people it is “fair”

If you were half as smart as Bear you would know that the poster who proudly announces to this laughing audience that he has "twice your IQ and 100x more knowledge" and then stalks off in a "bye twat" huff is widely recognized as a village idiot and more than likely gay.
Unlike everyone else here, I've spent a lifetime in finance.

If you have a good handle on economics/math, you know immediately the proposal is a scam, as it drastically would cut taxes on the very rich and leave the 'rev neutral' burden on the Middle/Bottom.
It's that simple.

But beyond that, I laid out the fraudulent details with a WSJ (my home page) article from Bush 1's undersecretary of the Treasury.
One of the biggies/for openers is their "23%" is actually "30%." (which is about Half what is needed IAC)

NO one here, obviously no advocate, has ever done anything more than see the FairYtax, or quote it's BS website, and say "Hey that sounds like a good idea."

90% of you are 2 digit IQers, who even in this day and age when research is so simple.. still don't do it.

`

Last edited:

False!

False!

I clicked on your OP link, and at your sniveling clicked on your 'flat tax' scam link; neither linked to any of the Bills. That's okay; we know why already. No need to waste more of my time on Link Fail # 3'.

Know the difference between a Bill and a web page full of propaganda?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They are one of the main supporters of the plan....., you have yet to post a true counterpoint to what I posted, but you want bills which are also talked about in MY link I posted:

States FairTax Legislation Initiatives

Excerpt:

Our mission to pass The FAIRtax is a federal initiative and we have legislation in the House Of Representatives as H.R.25 - “FairTax Act of 2019”. To pass House Resolution 25, we must have our Federal Representatives become Co-Sponsors. To have them Co-Sponsor means we must meet with them to present The FAIRtax.

LINK from the Fair Tax website you didn't explore

======

and from The United States CONGRESS website about the same bill Fair Tax website talks about and support:

H.R.25 - FairTax Act of 2019

LINK

===================

The Fair Tax website did link to the bill, which your mental laziness prevented you from seeing.

You are full of crap!

Finance & Investing

LINK

LINK

and this LINK

Damn...
There is nothing fair about any sort of progressive tax...

If you were half as smart as Bear you would know that the poster who proudly announces to this laughing audience that he has "twice your IQ and 100x more knowledge" and then stalks off in a "bye twat" huff is widely recognized as a village idiot and more than likely gay.
Unlike everyone else here, I've spent a lifetime in finance.

If you have a good handle on economics/math, you know immediately the proposal is a scam, as it drastically would cut taxes on the rich and leave the 'rev neutral' burden on the Middle/Bottom.
It's that simple.

But beyond that I laid out the fraudulent details with a WSJ (my home page) article from Bush 1's undersecretary of the Treasury.

NO one here, obviously NO advocate, has ever done anything more than see the FairYtax/quote it's BS website, and say "Hey that sounds like a good idea."

90% of you are 2 digit IQers, who even in this day and age when research is so simple.. still don't do it.

`

So you say, but the usual inability of anyone making an actual case beyond a sentence, doesn't sway anyone, I have already seen lies and overt bias against it right here in the thread with Rightwringer claiming 30% when it is actually 23% (which is a proposal), as an example.

It should be easy for YOU to make the case against Fair Tax in some detail, as YOU claim you have a background in Finance.

Go for it!

Finance & Investing

LINK

LINK

and this LINK

Damn...
There is nothing fair about any sort of progressive tax...
Fairest tax system there is
Applies equally to everyone

Wait...so this "Fair Tax" would be a TWENTY THREE per cent tax on EVERY penny spent?

That's a HUGE tax increase for the middle class

My current effective tax is less than 15% now...and with deductions...

So you say, but the usual inability of anyone making an actual case beyond a sentence, doesn't sway anyone, I have already seen lies and overt bias against it right here in the thread with Rightwringer claiming 30% when it is actually 23% (which is a proposal), as an example.

It should be easy for YOU to make the case against Fair Tax in some detail, as YOU claim you have a background in Finance.

Go for it!
You IDIOT.
You know infinitely less about finance (even math) than climate, which doesn't seem possible, but obviously is.
Under FairyTax....
A $100 item will cost $130.
That's a 30% sales tax.
But FairYtax, calls that "23% tax inclusive" by dividing 30/130.
NO one else/NO state uses that riDICKulous method/deception.

All other sales taxes are simply stated as the rate you pay over then item cost. (aka 'Tax exclusive')
Only FairYTax tries that absurd deception.
And again that rate would only produce about half the revenue needed.

And FairYtax, unlike state taxes, has no exemptions.
ALL goods and services.
FOOD, RENT, New House!, Hotel Room, Medical Procedures/Insurance/prescriptions all would be taxed 30%. Even the Military would have to pay the 30% to buy a Tank/Jet/etc.

You are just a Contrary MORON, with no grasp of even simple math.

`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back