the fair tax would get rid of the IRS. the fair tax would boost savings. friends, we need a fair Tax

yes, which means that they would have to send it somewhere, both State and Fed. In other words, an IRS or a similar agency. So, right off the bat, this concept of 'doing away with the IRS' doesn't pan out.

All they would have to do is set up a bank draft to the United States Treasury.

It really is a lot less labor intensive than dealing with over a couple hundred million individual and business tax returns every year so even if the IRS cannot be eliminated it could be drastically reduced in size and cost
In other words, an IRS, which in case you were not aware of it, is part of the US Treasury.

So the fuck what?

I never said the IRS could be abolished but it could be greatly reduced in size and cost

Don't ignore the good in favor of the perfect
So, in your subject line for this thread, you say, "The fair Tax would get rid of the IRS."

Are you familiar with the concept of 'deconstructing an argument'?

One picks out the salient points of an argument and then tries to prove or disprove the statement relating to that argument.

So, I always start with the obvious points and go from there.

We now see that one of the main highlights, as described by you, is that the IRS would be eliminated is factually incorrect.

I wonder what else could be proven or disproven?

It is in the proposed Bill to abolish the IRS.

I posted several links showing this, yet you still not any wiser.......
Then you should be able to directly quote who will be responsible for the collection and audit of the monies collected.

False!

Flat Tax--- A "flat tax" is an income tax system in which everyone pays the same tax rate regardless of how much income they have.

Fair Tax-- The FairTax is a national sales tax that treats every person equally and allows American businesses to thrive, while generating the same tax revenue as the current four-million-word-plus tax code. Under the FairTax, every person living in the United States pays a sales tax on purchases of new goods and services, excluding necessities due to the prebate.

=================================

Fair Tax makes it impossible to cheat on taxes, and no IRS needed as it is immediately applied on every purchase. Save a lot of money and headache in the process.

Fair Tax is way better than Flat Tax, since there are no need to keep track of anything as it is applied every time you buy something. No more tax filings, No more paperwork, no more having to pay more or get a refund on last years taxes, since all that is eliminated by Fair Tax.

The rest you say is old worn out baloney.
No need? How do you track what tax was paid on each purchase, and then where do you send the collected taxes?
Businesses are already set up to collect state sales taxes and send them in monthly or quarterly adding a federal sales tax would be very easy.
yes, which means that they would have to send it somewhere, both State and Fed. In other words, an IRS or a similar agency. So, right off the bat, this concept of 'doing away with the IRS' doesn't pan out.

It really is a lot less labor intensive than dealing with over a couple hundred million individual and business tax returns every year so even if the IRS cannot be eliminated it could be drastically reduced in size and cost.

I don't know if you know how collecting sales taxes works but it is very simple.

All you have to do is program your point of sale software to add the tax then you run a report monthly or quarterly depending on your schedule. All you have to do after that is get on the state website input the numbers and approve a bank draft.

It literally takes less than an hour a month

I see that their replies makes clear they are not reading the links I posted that answers their questions/objections. Yes the Sales Tax would go to the TREASURY Department, as explained in the proposed Congressional bill and by the FairTax website.

We have have too many people here showing their laziness to learn what are being proposed and talked about.
/----/ "We have have too many people here showing their laziness to learn what are being proposed and talked about."
Sorry, I didn't bother to read your post. Please explain what you are talking about. TIA

It really is a lot less labor intensive than dealing with over a couple hundred million individual and business tax returns every year so even if the IRS cannot be eliminated it could be drastically reduced in size and cost
In other words, an IRS, which in case you were not aware of it, is part of the US Treasury.

So the fuck what?

I never said the IRS could be abolished but it could be greatly reduced in size and cost

So, in your subject line for this thread, you say, "The fair Tax would get rid of the IRS."

One picks out the salient points of an argument and then tries to prove or disprove the statement relating to that argument.

We now see that one of the main highlights, as described by you, is that the IRS would be eliminated is factually incorrect.

Then you should be able to directly quote who will be responsible for the collection and audit of the monies collected.

Here is POST 75 you missed with the relevant links.

You are sooo lazy to miss the obvious, which are well discussed in the links I just gave you, 45 of the states already have Sales Tax collection set up, thus not much change is needed for them. The money collected goes to the TREASURY Department, where the IRS is currently a part of.

IRS gets abolished, the revenue still goes to ......., the Treasury Department. :113:

Here is a published paper from Suffolk University, you never read, which I have already posted earlier in the thread:

Tax Administration and Collection Costs: The FairTax vs. the Existing Federal Tax System

========================

More links most people never read, when they post ignorant replies.

Post 66

Post 22

Post 18

What about goods that are imported? Is the sales tax imposed on all imports? What about component costs, like when putting a car together, parts are from many companies, radios, motors, transmissions, lights, car seats, etc. A compounding "fair tax" would make the cost of many items un-affordable.

I like a 3% VAT (value added/sales tax) and keeping the system the way it is.
That 3% tax is barely noticeable, but raises significant money.
The system wouldn't be as subject to "waste, fraud, and abuse" as when every dollar is from a sales tax, and you do need the IRS to police the collection of taxes.

Simply calling it a fair tax does not make it a fair tax, .

Indeed. And, when someone finally posted the last Bill proposed, it became clear the OP poster nor anybody else peddling it as such has never read the thing, which is also typical.the thing was riddled with loopholes, as expected.

The only people who have 'problems' with the IRS are morons who try to be clever or fall for lies from some accountant or lawyer who claims they can get you lots of deductions nobody has heard of n stuff. You won't get rid of the IRS because it is too useful to both Parties as an harassment too, and yes, the right wingers use it for that too whenever they can. Getting rid if the IRS will do absolutely nothing about pols and anybody else gaming the system and buying themselves loopholes all over again, just as is already the case now and in the past.

"Fair Tax' campaigns are fake news, peddled by shills and dumbass bandwagoneers.

False!

Flat Tax--- A "flat tax" is an income tax system in which everyone pays the same tax rate regardless of how much income they have.

Fair Tax-- The FairTax is a national sales tax that treats every person equally and allows American businesses to thrive, while generating the same tax revenue as the current four-million-word-plus tax code. Under the FairTax, every person living in the United States pays a sales tax on purchases of new goods and services, excluding necessities due to the prebate.

=================================

Fair Tax makes it impossible to cheat on taxes, and no IRS needed as it is immediately applied on every purchase. Save a lot of money and headache in the process.

Fair Tax is way better than Flat Tax, since there are no need to keep track of anything as it is applied every time you buy something. No more tax filings, No more paperwork, no more having to pay more or get a refund on last years taxes, since all that is eliminated by Fair Tax.

The rest you say is old worn out baloney.
No need? How do you track what tax was paid on each purchase, and then where do you send the collected taxes?
Businesses are already set up to collect state sales taxes and send them in monthly or quarterly adding a federal sales tax would be very easy.

It really is a lot less labor intensive than dealing with over a couple hundred million individual and business tax returns every year so even if the IRS cannot be eliminated it could be drastically reduced in size and cost.

I don't know if you know how collecting sales taxes works but it is very simple.

All you have to do is program your point of sale software to add the tax then you run a report monthly or quarterly depending on your schedule. All you have to do after that is get on the state website input the numbers and approve a bank draft.

It literally takes less than an hour a month

I see that their replies makes clear they are not reading the links I posted that answers their questions/objections. Yes the Sales Tax would go to the TREASURY Department, as explained in the proposed Congressional bill and by the FairTax website.

We have have too many people here showing their laziness to learn what are being proposed and talked about.
I have read the Fair Tax proposal may times in the past which is how I came to have my objections to the Fair Tax plan

So the fuck what?

And no one thinks that will happen.

If you are so inflexible in your conversational skills that you can't seem to understand that the talk of the viability of a national sales tax can extend beyond what the Fair Tax people propose that's your problem

What about goods that are imported? Is the sales tax imposed on all imports? What about component costs, like when putting a car together, parts are from many companies, radios, motors, transmissions, lights, car seats, etc. A compounding "fair tax" would make the cost of many items un-affordable.

I like a 3% VAT (value added/sales tax) and keeping the system the way it is.
That 3% tax is barely noticeable, but raises significant money.
The system wouldn't be as subject to "waste, fraud, and abuse" as when every dollar is from a sales tax, and you do need the IRS to police the collection of taxes.

A VAT adds that tax to every step of the production chain not just the end sale so it winds up being way more than 3%

Forum List

Back