The Failout -- Please Someone Explain This To Me

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Why, for the love of GOD, did they not put any mandates on the Failout bill? Horrendous enough that they piled so much crap into it (they should all be taken out and shot) but they gave billions to the banks (is this not like giving the arsonist the fire extinguisher?) without putting any type of mandate saying that the banks had to use the money for lending. It's been weeks and the banks are doing everything BUT lending money. They are buying other banks, giving bonuses, good Lord I don't even know what my head is spinning so. Donald Trump was just on Fox saying to start reading up on 1929. WTH????

The Failout -- Please Someone Explain This To Me

...but they gave billions to the banks (is this not like giving the arsonist the fire extinguisher?) without putting any type of mandate saying that the banks had to use the money for lending.

See: distribution of the wealth ...kleptocracy style

Why, for the love of GOD, did they not put any mandates on the Failout bill? Horrendous enough that they piled so much crap into it (they should all be taken out and shot) but they gave billions to the banks (is this not like giving the arsonist the fire extinguisher?) without putting any type of mandate saying that the banks had to use the money for lending. It's been weeks and the banks are doing everything BUT lending money. They are buying other banks, giving bonuses, good Lord I don't even know what my head is spinning so. Donald Trump was just on Fox saying to start reading up on 1929. WTH????

I think it's pretty clear it was a last ditch effort by Bush to make sure his friends got as much of our tax money as possible. IMO, everyone that voted in favor of this bill should be forced to pay for it out of their own pockets.

I think it's pretty clear it was a last ditch effort by Bush to make sure his friends got as much of our tax money as possible. IMO, everyone that voted in favor of this bill should be forced to pay for it out of their own pockets.

Why would democrats agree to bailout only Bush's friends ?

Why would democrats agree to bailout only Bush's friends ?

Well, if you check out you tube there's a senator claiming that they were treatened with marshall law if they didn't pass the bill.

And of course, there's the fact that the democrats and the republicans are pretty much the same.

Well, if you check out you tube there's a senator claiming that they were treatened with marshall law if they didn't pass the bill.

And of course, there's the fact that the democrats and the republicans are pretty much the same.

oh please---the president threatens congress with martial law and ONE GUY mentions it almost as an after-thought ??

Well, that's not saying much about your new President elect who voted for it!

Obama voted for it.....

Don't you guys get it? It's not Republicans, it's not Democrats, it's not Bush . . . it's ALL of them. It's politicians. Stop blaming the 'other' party. They are all crooks and we are the victims who can do . . . what? Not one damn thing. Now GM is asking for more money. The more money the gov't hands out, the more people will be asking for a hand out.

Are the people who run this country so freaking stupid that they didn't think to put a mandate on the failout? I mean, really?? Common sense tells you to do this. I heard no reason for why they didn't do this but read one blurb somewhere that the banks wouldn't have taken the money if there was this type of mandate (don't remember where I read this). Um, helloooo? Wasn't congress just a wee little bit suspicious if this is true? Their IQ's could be 700 billion and it doesn't matter because their common sense IQ is zero.

Last edited:
Don't you guys get it? It's not Republicans, it's not Democrats, it's not Bush . . . it's ALL of them. It's politicians. Stop blaming the 'other' party. They are all crooks and we are the victims who can do . . . what? No one damn thing. Now GM is asking for more money. The more money the gov't hands out, the more people will be asking for a hand out.

Are the people who run this country so freaking stupid that they didn't think to put a mandate on the failout? I mean, really?? Common sense tells you to do this. I heard no reason for why they didn't do this but read one blurb somewhere that the banks wouldn't have taken the money if there was this type of mandate (don't remember where I read this). Um, helloooo? Wasn't congress just a wee little bit suspicious if this is true? Their IQ's could be 700 billion and it doesn't matter because their common sense IQ is zero.

I'm with ya 100%...billions of our tax dollars have been paid out in bonuses and DIVIDEND checks to their stock holders with OUR money...

this is sickening.

And they are not LOANING the money out to MAINE STREET as what they were suppose TO DO with it!

this is just unbearable to take....there is no recourse, we have no SAY in anything anymore....:eek:

They, repubs and dems, couldn't agree on the strings they wanted to attach to the bill...paulson WANTED NONE and he was basically given that free reign.
care

The problem is that this "Bailout" is really a privatization of the US Treasury Department, which was legislate to further the total stratification and concentration of power in this society and make those who own all the wealth own even more of the wealth (which is why all of these companies who are getting loans are immediately acquiring and merging with other firms).

So much for free markets! The rage now is State Capitalism.

Last edited:
YES, this is purely a MOVE to concentrate power....it makes our mega banks even BIGGER by eliminating the smaller ones and makes us even MORE vulnerable to having to bail them out again when they fail, after they reap the profits for themselves of course, all because we will hear that "they are too big to FAIL" CRAP.

YES, this is purely a MOVE to concentrate power....it makes our mega banks even BIGGER by eliminating the smaller ones and makes us even MORE vulnerable to having to bail them out again when they fail, after they reap the profits for themselves of course, all because we will hear that "they are too big to FAIL" CRAP.

and you think Obama is not a player in this?

and you think Obama is not a player in this?

WHERE do you come up with this crud gigi....?

i did not vote for obama nor did i vote for mccain....i don't know how to make it any clearer...they BOTH supported this bailout which is unacceptable to me.

WHERE do you come up with this crud gigi....?

i did not vote for obama nor did i vote for mccain....i don't know how to make it any clearer...they BOTH supported this bailout which is unacceptable to me.

oh, then we agree. It's hard to tell you didn't vote for Obama with your posts....

oh, then we agree. It's hard to tell you didn't vote for Obama with your posts....

I am a life long Democrat of OLD, I do support many of the things Democrats support and this is why you believe i supported Obama and this is understandable....

I am a centrist with slight right leanings according to all of the political tests i have taken...

But by NO MEANS could I pull the lever for Obama or Mccain, what was done to us with this bailout, was not Democracy.

What I also don't get is this whole notion of 'everyone should own a house'. A great idea that lacks common sense. Why did they cut the idea short? Everyone should own a house, who can afford it. Lending money to people who clearly are unable to pay back the loan? No downpayments? ARMs that will bankrupt people but who are told not to worry about it because you'll be in better financial shape when the rate adjusts? Interest only financing? (I don't know what this is but in my head I think 'if you are only paying interest and no principle then you own nothing'.) Using the equity in your home as if it were an ATM? Encouraging this 'living beyond your means' thinking? Did 'they' really think this idiotic bubble would never burst? 'Course not, they just grabbed all they could while the getting was good.

All I kept hearing was that Wall Street needed this failout NOW because everything would implode if it didn't happen. If it was so imperative to get this money to start lending in order to get everything moving in a positive direction again, they why are they refusing to lend any of our money out? Because they are too busy rolling around in it, getting richer and higher even as we speak. Our money is their drug of choice. Can't we round them up and shoot them?

This sums it up for me. I'm just so disguisted with it all. Some government we have, huh?

545 People Responsible for America's Woes

Did any of you really think the government would spend your money wisely?

Here let me help you

$lube.jpeg

That should make it a little easier

Don't you guys get it? It's not Republicans, it's not Democrats, it's not Bush . . . it's ALL of them. It's politicians. Stop blaming the 'other' party. They are all crooks and we are the victims who can do . . . what? Not one damn thing. Now GM is asking for more money. The more money the gov't hands out, the more people will be asking for a hand out.

We most certainly CAN do something about it. We could have voted out every single incumbent that voted YES.

But we didn't. Because in the end, we really don't give a fuck.

Forum List

Back