The Facts Show Increase of Jobs Under Bush

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
The media and Democrats keep repeating it over and over: "2.3 million jobs lost" since President Bush took office. His could be the worst job record since before World War II, they claim.
One little problem: It's not true.

Not only has there been no net loss of jobs during the Bush administration, there has been a net gain, even with the devastation of 9/11. At least 2.4 million jobs have been created since the president took office, 2 million of those in 2003. The gains more than offset the losses.

While Democrats continue to beat their election-year drums about outsourcing, manufacturing losses, unemployment and slow growth in employment, America’s economy has been steadily creating jobs.

At least 366,000 jobs have been created in the last five months, over 100,000 of those in January, White House press secretary Scott McClellan has noted. And though the eight-month recession “officially” ended in November, economic indicators are surprising economists and pointing toward a take-off in the recovery.

Read the rest here:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/25/171833.shtml

Mabey we should dend this post to Kerry. Get him to quit bush bashing. But then again, let the idiot speak till he is red in the face.:D

I'd be interested to see where these numbers come from and how all the rest of the nations media, including the washington post, missed them.

earlier today both parties were "debating" the numbers....seems the democrats only want to count where they want to...not all jobs were counted...the one question raised by the GOP was this...How do you count a self-employed person as un-employed? this is what the democrats have done...or so it would seem..

in all fairness, do you really think the gop keeps exact tabs on all job numbers that are in the red?

and i can see not counting a 'self employed' person as unemployed, but are they really employed or are they now business owners?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and i can see not counting a 'self employed' person as unemployed, but are they really employed or are they now business owners?

depends on how you look at it...self employed means you work for yourself....a business owner would have employees....just my read on it

Forum List

Back