The fact that we were able to lay the trap does feel pretty good

I don't think it's all government just the current government that wants to cut it nose off to spite it's face.

I differ with you in this respect. It's all government for now until January when the New State Legislatures, and the Federal House stoke up their boilers and get moving.

What they do remains to be seen.

I think we are saying the same thing the current government would be the one controling the government now. the up coming government will be a wait and see.

I think you're right. I defer to you. Thanks. :)

Howard Kurtz of the Daily Beast interviewed Andrew Card and Dan Bartlett, Bush's former chief-of-staff and communication director, and discovered how pleased Shrub and the Tulips are with the economic decay they helped germinate.

"When the tax cuts were enacted, with an expiration date, Republicans and Bush officials understood the political advantages of the 'fiscal time bomb' they were setting.

"As Kurtz puts it: 'At some point in the way distant future, Democrats could be accused of raising taxes if they tried to undo the Bush breaks and return to Clinton-era levels of taxation.'

"Democrats understood this, too: Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND) told the Washington Post at the time that '[Bush is] going to be out of office when the roof falls in.'”

The actual costs of these cuts was carefully concealed from voters at the time of Senate passage.

"The various sunsets also hid the true cost of the bill.

"As Paul Krugman wrote at the time: 'The administration, knowing that its tax cut wouldn’t fit into any responsible budget, pushed through a bill that contains the things it wanted most — big tax cuts for the very, very rich — and used whatever accounting gimmicks it could find to make the overall budget impact seem smaller than it is.'”

'Think it's too late to send Dubya and Dick to Afghanistan?

Bush Officials Celebrate

And yet the deficits were decreasing year over year through 2007.

If this was a politically motivated economy, one might suppose that the Democrats taking power and not even submitting budgets to over run might have some culpability in the current economic problems.

Of course, one might be wrong.

In wingnut world, when clinton left bush* with a surplus, and bush* spent that into a deficit, that meant bush* decreased the deficit. :cuckoo:

Everybody's a wingnut even you asswipe.

What you claim is they should break even at the end of each year.

That is bullshit.

LONG TERM Investment is prudent even for governments.

If the only way people could make large purchases was with cash then this economy would be REALLY FUCKED
You really have no clue what you're talking about. Perhaps you should just stop.

Wingnuts think people would still keep buying cars, homes, and other expensive assets even if they couldn't get a loan to pay for it :cuckoo:

And Gubmint thought that it could FORCE banks to give loans to people that it knew couldn't afford to repay thus ushering in the Housing mess.

Nice Logic...NOT.

What you claim is they should break even at the end of each year.

That is bullshit.

LONG TERM Investment is prudent even for governments.

If the only way people could make large purchases was with cash then this economy would be REALLY FUCKED
You really have no clue what you're talking about. Perhaps you should just stop.

Wingnuts think people would still keep buying cars, homes, and other expensive assets even if they couldn't get a loan to pay for it :cuckoo:
Where did I say people shouldn't borrow money?

And Gubmint thought that it could FORCE banks to give loans to people that it knew couldn't afford to repay thus ushering in the Housing mess.

Nice Logic...NOT.

That would be true if by "Gubmint" you mean george bush*

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

...FHA loans carry higher risks of delinquency and foreclosure than do private mortgages, and the proposed change presumably will lead to greater losses to the government than the current program does.

I guess you don't understand what "paying cash" means :lol:

f the only way people could make large purchases was with cash then this economy would be REALLY FUCKED

f the only way people could make large purchases was with cash then this economy would be REALLY FUCKED
I guess you don't understand I was talking about the government, not individuals. TM brought individuals into it, pretending she had a point.

I guess you don't understand I was talking about the government, not individuals. TM brought individuals into it, pretending she had a point.

In wingnut world, when someone says "If the only way people could make large purchases " they are talking about the government :cuckoo:

In wingnut world, when someone says "If the only way people could make large purchases " they are talking about the government :cuckoo:
But I didn't say that, did I?

Nice Logic...NOT.

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

...FHA loans carry higher risks of delinquency and foreclosure than do private mortgages, and the proposed change presumably will lead to greater losses to the government than the current program does.

WRONG. It goes back farther than that...

Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Clinton Bolstered it...

The Trillion-Dollar Bank Shakedown That Bodes Ill for Cities by Howard Husock, City Journal Winter 2000

And Democrats in Congress DENY there's anything wrong back in 2004 with Freddie/Fannie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/ame]

You may cease now.:eusa_hand:

Nice Logic...NOT.

WRONG. It goes back farther than that...

Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Clinton Bolstered it...

The Trillion-Dollar Bank Shakedown That Bodes Ill for Cities by Howard Husock, City Journal Winter 2000

And Democrats in Congress DENY there's anything wrong back in 2004 with Freddie/Fannie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/ame]

You may cease now.:eusa_hand:

The CRA?? Really?

If it was so bad, then why didn't the repukes, who controlled Congress and the WH, repeal CRA? If they knew that Fannie and Fred were in trouble, why did bush* and the repukes give them MORE MONEY TO WASTE??

I'm sure it was the dems fault, right?

I see the wingnut are scared to explain why the repukes did nothing about Freddie and Fannie (besides give them billions of taxpayer dollars to waste)

Forum List

Back