The Fabian Society

Your solutions? How do you suppose our overall economy would be affected if we suddenly told China to go fuck itself and we stopped importing everything WalMart sells (WalMart being the number one EMPLOYER in the United States, for starters)? What would happen then when China would demand immediate payment on all the T-bonds it holds? Where would THAT money come from?

Playing the coulda/woulda/shoulda game doesn't solve the problem.

Solutions? How about a balanced budget so we don't have to borrow money from China all the time.

What happens if China demands immediate payment? Interest rates go up drastically and the US dollar gets devalued greatly.

At some point we're going to have to go through hard times to make up for all the careless decades of horrible monetary policy.

we are a social democracy.

Wrong.... if that is so, then why do we have a Constituion, and representatives?

Of course that is a rhetorical question beings that this regime shits on it all the time.

You must've went to public school... so you have a pass on it.

And what kind of 'school' didn't teach you?

I went to private school.... and I have also, for the last 24 years been educating MYSELF, is there a problem with me being right?

We are technically a Representative Republic. We have a Constituion that protects our rights as a people from of all things.... "the government".
The Constitution is there to let the gov't know just how much power they have over us "the people". This is Obama’s problem with it… it is limited too much for his liking.

In an interview back in 2001 Obama said “the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth.”

Obama rips U.S. Constitution

All this talk of being a "social democracy" is a bunch of "hooie".

The gov't is not here to take care of our every need. We are supposed to take care of ourselves and our neighbors, and our community.
When you take a "hand-out", and thats what it is, you are obligated to the entity doing the handing out. (which is why if you are on the gov't tit, you should'nt get to vote - IMHO)

If we were a “democracy” then it would be “mob rules”… like every other “banana republic”… and that’s what you guys want for here?

Sorry, but not in my America… go make your own somewhere else.

Hell, go move down south… see how far you get with that endeavor.

Your solutions? How do you suppose our overall economy would be affected if we suddenly told China to go fuck itself and we stopped importing everything WalMart sells (WalMart being the number one EMPLOYER in the United States, for starters)? What would happen then when China would demand immediate payment on all the T-bonds it holds? Where would THAT money come from?

Playing the coulda/woulda/shoulda game doesn't solve the problem.

Solutions? How about a balanced budget so we don't have to borrow money from China all the time.

What happens if China demands immediate payment? Interest rates go up drastically and the US dollar gets devalued greatly.

At some point we're going to have to go through hard times to make up for all the careless decades of horrible monetary policy.

What better time to start than now?

I still think you're attempting to make mountains out of molehills by taking someone's theory and presuming it's already in practice on a large scale as being something "evil."

I did none of that, you did.

Huh? I didn't even know what those terms meant!

[Leaving this thread now and letting you 'win']

yet you assumed that I was "taking someone's theory", "presuming", "making mountains" and seeing "evil".

None of which was true, all of which you imagined, while yourself acknowledge you didn't have a clue what the discussion was about...

amazing!

Forum List

Back