The EZ/GTH Sympathy Thread.

I know some things about some stuff, and I predict an Eagles win today.

This is just the same old shit. The colts special teams have always been marginal at best. Even under dinghy dunghy who imho never lived up ti his supposed Defensive reputation.

The team seems to never be fully prepared, remember the half time opener in the super bowl? The NO onside kick? Long run backs etc etc. The runback ala the Bears super bowl opener?

I watch every Colts game. How many times have I had to sit in the last minutes of a game with a slim lead while they played small ball conservative off. and wound up barely winning or losing ( I can think of several very important Div. game in particular)?

Yesterday was just symptomatic, they would not have been without time if that jackass, again on special teams had not run into the kicker when the ball was clearly gone already and gave the jets another first down, from which they burned 2 minutes off the clock before the colts went down for their field goal to put them ahead...then the 40 yard runback.........I have seen these lapses in run back coverage for years, etc etc etc .......unreal. Caldwell needs to go.

I also have watched every Colts game for as long as I can remember. Yes, Peyton has had his share of playoff struggles, but alot of people don't realize that other aspects that just KILL them in the postseason. Special teams has been awful in Indy for years, and last night it came back to bite 'em.

The real issue with me was the offensive gameplan, it was a complete 180 from what they needed to do. For the first 25 minutes they played horizontally on offense, and took one shot 10+ yards down the field. Trying to run right at the Jets and play the quick hitter passing game doesn't work against them. When the finally went up top, Garcon made the play. And don't tell me the run set that up, when you get 1 yard a pop it seems, you're setting up nothing.

I know some things about some stuff, and I predict an Eagles win today.

I feel confident about the Eagles. Reid and the Eags are 15-0 coming off a 'bye week'. Technically, last week against Dallas, it was a 'bye week', as we sat all of our starters. Using this angle, Packers in trouble later today.

This is just the same old shit. The colts special teams have always been marginal at best. Even under dinghy dunghy who imho never lived up ti his supposed Defensive reputation.

The team seems to never be fully prepared, remember the half time opener in the super bowl? The NO onside kick? Long run backs etc etc. The runback ala the Bears super bowl opener?

I watch every Colts game. How many times have I had to sit in the last minutes of a game with a slim lead while they played small ball conservative off. and wound up barely winning or losing ( I can think of several very important Div. game in particular)?

Yesterday was just symptomatic, they would not have been without time if that jackass, again on special teams had not run into the kicker when the ball was clearly gone already and gave the jets another first down, from which they burned 2 minutes off the clock before the colts went down for their field goal to put them ahead...then the 40 yard runback.........I have seen these lapses in run back coverage for years, etc etc etc .......unreal. Caldwell needs to go.

I also have watched every Colts game for as long as I can remember. Yes, Peyton has had his share of playoff struggles, but alot of people don't realize that other aspects that just KILL them in the postseason. Special teams has been awful in Indy for years, and last night it came back to bite 'em.

The real issue with me was the offensive gameplan, it was a complete 180 from what they needed to do. For the first 25 minutes they played horizontally on offense, and took one shot 10+ yards down the field. Trying to run right at the Jets and play the quick hitter passing game doesn't work against them. When the finally went up top, Garcon made the play. And don't tell me the run set that up, when you get 1 yard a pop it seems, you're setting up nothing.

agreed....further that last 3-7 run was dumb, and that was on Peyton.

Yo, it's a sad day in Wrigleyville.

Er, wait, it's not baseball season yet.

Same ole Same ole,

Colts=Cubs

:(

agreed....further that last 3-7 run was dumb, and that was on Peyton.

That was a terrible, terrible call. I always wonder how different Manning's career (after his first couple years with Mora) would have been if he didn't have two EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE guys coaching his team in Dungy and Caldwell. Look how aggressive Belichick is and the star he's made out of Brady of not giving a damn about how bad they beat people, resting players, etc.

Forum List

Back