The "EZ Eyes" Keyboard Hustle:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
My neighbor is a 75 year-old widow who lives alone. Last year she expressed interest in getting a computer to exchange emails with her grandkids and friends. I'm her age and I live alone too and I know what a difference access to the Internet can make. So I helped her buy a system and taught her how to manage the basic things she likes to do.

Yesterday she emailed to tell me she saw a tv ad for the "EZ Eyes" computer keyboard, which for benefit of those who haven't yet seen these ads is a promotion for a computer keyboard which has bright yellow keys with large black characters, glows in the dark, "plugs right into any Mac or PC and needs no software." The price is only $14.95, a free mouse is included, and "for a limited time" they will double the offer for the same $14.95. Two for the same price. Because her eyes aren't too good anymore Alice thinks this is a good deal. She asked my opinion and said she would give me the second keyboard if I would show her how to order it on-line.

Obviously Alice never heard when something seems too good to be true it usually is. So I told her to hold off and I researched this "EZ Eyes" keyboard. I found dozens of negative reviews but not one positive. The negatives range from high-pressure telephone sales tactics to deceptive pricing maneuvers, charging some victims as much as $90 rather than $14.95 plus the usual "S&H" scam. There are complaints that the keyboard doesn't work on some systems, the keys do not glow in the dark, the black characters wear away after a few days use, the "90 day satisfaction" guarantee is utterly false and customer service is non-existent.

Bottom line: The EZ Eyes keyboard appears to be the latest Internet scam which appears to be aimed at seniors and those with vision problems.

Go here to read the reviews about this scam: http://www.scambook.com/report/view/128697/GetEZEyes.com-Complaint-128697-for-$121.60

Last edited:

Forum List

Back