The Expendables

Toome

Feb 19, 2009
One hour and 45 minutes of testosterone-laden, macho action laced with gratuitous violence, things blowing up, bad guys getting shredded by bullets or having their bones broken in fight scenes, corny one-liners and he-men good guys rescuing damsels in distress from dirty rotten bad guys. No plot twists to figure out, no character development to clutter up valuable movie time and no hidden meanings to ponder. What you see is what you get.

I loved it.

Best line of all-time comes from Stallone during his encounter with Schwarzenegger. I won't spoil it here, but it had the entire theater laughing in their seats.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT TO SEE IT;

Finally, something that's not totally pussified is comming out of hollywood: I hope this will usher in a resurgence of the era of Rocky, Conan, and Die Hard genre.

:cool:

Don't forget to take the grandkids so they can grow up to be wonderful murkins, immune to violence and loving war.
Your slaughter machine needs them.

Don't forget to take the grandkids so they can grow up to be wonderful murkins, immune to violence and loving war.

Eat Pray Love is also playing for those who want to stay in touch with their feminine side.

:razz:

Rourke shed a couple of tears and Stallone got teary-eyed. It was alright, but I liked the soundtrack better than the movie.

It is not non-stop action but it has its share of flesh against flesh, blade agaisnt flesh, bullets against flesh, explosions, and mayhem. If 60 year olds can do what they do in Hollywood... Had an allstar cast of old action hero's and they blended well together. The soundtrack was awsome though. Personally, I thought SALT was the better movie.

DaAMN....action came so fast and furious I'm gonna need to slow it down in the DVD.

I'm also convinced: I need to learn to throw a knife:eusa_eh:

DaAMN....action came so fast and furious I'm gonna need to slow it down in the DVD.

I'm also convinced: I need to learn to throw a knife:eusa_eh:

Is it really possible to throw a knife like that? Yeah some of the action was so fast...

Did a good job with the shotgun shots, that was one bad weapon!

BTW...little offtopic, but the .50 cal sniper rifle is pretty cool too.

Here's what it does to Taliban:

[youtube]TOZoYIoyjuM[/youtube]

New Topics

Forum List

Back