The Exorcist Thread...

The Exorcist's first showing in town was at 1:30 in the afternoon. My 2nd year design prof came to our studios and told us we had the afternoon off since we had finished our projects, he would crit them in 2 days. A couple of us were sitting there in my studio wondering what to do while I was scanning the paper. All of a sudden I saw it......"The Exorcist starts in 45 minutes"! My studio partner had received a small brick of Afghani hash from his supplier so we warmed some up and filled a tobacco pipe full. After finishing that off between 3 of us, we rushed the couple of miles to the theater and ended up sitting on the 3rd row. Near the beginning there is a montage of clips where they show some dogs fighting......... that was where I remember using the back of my seat last........... that movie screwed me up for a long time, I would see that little shit in dark windows, hear her voice......... I could never look at Linda Blair again without seeing those eyes. 36 years later and I will not watch it even though there are movies that have come out that are much more gory and scary.

Behind us in the theater was another couple of friends of mine that popped some purple micro dot for the movie........ they never were the same and were killed in a plane crash a couple years later when one of them took off out of Houston at night, after going to see the Allman Brothers, without checking weather on his way back to Baton Rouge and flew head on into a thunderhead that literally ripped the wings off of their rented Piper Cherokee. Their bodies went through the roof of the fuselage as the plane was tearing apart.:evil:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
The Exorcist's first showing in town was at 1:30 in the afternoon. My 2nd year design prof came to our studios and told us we had the afternoon off since we had finished our projects, he would crit them in 2 days. A couple of us were sitting there in my studio wondering what to do while I was scanning the paper. All of a sudden I saw it......"The Exorcist starts in 45 minutes"! My studio partner had received a small brick of Afghani hash from his supplier so we warmed some up and filled a tobacco pipe full. After finishing that off between 3 of us, we rushed the couple of miles to the theater and ended up sitting on the 3rd row. Near the beginning there is a montage of clips where they show some dogs fighting......... that was where I remember using the back of my seat last........... that movie screwed me up for a long time, I would see that little shit in dark windows, hear her voice......... I could never look at Linda Blair again without seeing those eyes. 36 years later and I will not watch it even though there are movies that have come out that are much more gory and scary.

Behind us in the theater was another couple of friends of mine that popped some purple micro dot for the movie........ they never were the same and were killed in a plane crash a couple years later when one of them took off out of Houston at night, after going to see the Allman Brothers, without checking weather on his way back to Baton Rouge and flew head on into a thunderhead that literally ripped the wings off of their rented Piper Cherokee. Their bodies went through the roof of the fuselage as the plane was tearing apart.:evil:

Nice...

:)

peace...

A buddy and I worked the night shift in a factory where I operated a huge antique press. It was about 3am and I was going through the motions, half asleep when he sneaks up behind me and yells "FUCK ME". I about had a heart attack.

He forgot "JESUS!"?... ;)

peace...

He used to call me Jesus, but that's for another thread. :D

Hey- I love that clip of her going down stairs upside down. Not seen that before. LOL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4f_NMUxcY[/ame]

Last edited:
A buddy and I worked the night shift in a factory where I operated a huge antique press. It was about 3am and I was going through the motions, half asleep when he sneaks up behind me and yells "FUCK ME". I about had a heart attack.

peace...

Hey- I love that clip of her going down stairs upside down. Not seen that before. LOL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4f_NMUxcY]YouTube - SPIDERWALK SCENE FROM THE EXORCIST[/ame]

That was Added after the Fact, wasn't it?...

peace...

I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching it the first time. Second time wasn't much better.

Scary stuff. Ghost stories always scare me more than mass murderer movies anyway. Although I did just watch that one where in the end a guy gets his head placed in a mocrowave that was very gross... Those kind of movies are always depressing because you just know there really are horrible people out there who would kill someone for no particular reason.

Ghosts and dark souls inhabiting your body are harder to deal with probably.

Which movie was that?...

As for Horror, my Modern Favorite is Zombie...

Devil's Rejects is an American Classic.

peace...

Not 100% sure but maybe the remake of Last House on the Left.

peace...

/QUOTE]

peace...

Oddly no, when it was first released there was almost an hours worth of scenes that had to be cut because they were "too scary" or "indecent" ... the newest release has almost all of it restored, but much of what was cut got lost.

/QUOTE]

peace...

Oddly no, when it was first released there was almost an hours worth of scenes that had to be cut because they were "too scary" or "indecent" ... the newest release has almost all of it restored, but much of what was cut got lost.

Yeah, but that Scene Specifically is New and CGI, isn't it?...

That's what I Thought, any way...

peace...

peace...

Nope, that's an original. Look at the movements and the lines around the girl, CGI would have made it more in synch and slightly less "real". She was on a wire harness in that scene.

peace...

Nope, that's an original. Look at the movements and the lines around the girl, CGI would have made it more in synch and slightly less "real". She was on a wire harness in that scene.

Nice...

I will have to Watch my Version again...

It's that Time of Year, and all...

Like Wonka @ Thanksgiving.

peace...

I bought the film about ten years ago, watched it once and haven't been able to watch it again. I know people who don't find it scary at all but can't watch Jaws. (shrug)

To fear something you have to have a strong enough belief in the mythology behind it, I never did so it was just a goofy film to me, almost a comedy. ;)

I bought the film about ten years ago, watched it once and haven't been able to watch it again. I know people who don't find it scary at all but can't watch Jaws. (shrug)

Yeah... Jaws Sucked.

Bored the Hell out of me when I was a Kid... But I don't Live by the Ocean.

peace...

Jaws gave me the shivers, I use to swim in the ocean as a child and we had baby tiger sharks that would come up to the beach sometimes, little tiny buggers but still hurt when they bite and look big to a small kid. :razz:

Why you do this to me Dimmy?

{{{ shiver }}}

I don't remember how old I was, or where I was for that matter, when I first saw the movie. All I know is it terrified me and still does to this day.

When the re-cut version hit the theaters ( with deleted scenes put back in ) I went to see it with a couple of friends of mine. One particular scene that haunts me to this day, is when Regan is coming down the stairs backwards on her fingers and toes. ( okay, starting to get goosebumps now ) I remember screaming out in the theater. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! :ack-1:

Let me try and link it.
IMDb Video: The Exorcist

I'll admit, sometimes when I look at my own set of stairs in my house, especially at night, I scare myself thinking I'm going to see one of my kids coming down my stairs like she did.
I should really stop watching horror movies.

Demon: I'm not Regan.
Father Damien Karras: Well, then let's introduce ourselves. I'm Damien Karras.
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Father Damien Karras: If you're the Devil, why not make the straps disappear?
Demon: That's much too vulgar a display of power, Karras.

The voice of the demon was a woman, Mercedes McCambridge(sp). I think I saw a movie with her in it sometime thereafter and couldn't even concentrate on her part--just that voice. Too bad that she had to die with that being her biggest claim to fame.

I was out of town on vacation when we saw the movie, and at the time it didn't affect me much because there was too much else going on. It wasn't until we got home that I began thinking weird things were happening. Strange glows in the night, footprints on the bathroom rug (which I had just vacuumed). [Shuddering still over that]. I remember my husband saying "Nonsense," then turning back to me and saying "Really??"

I think it is an awesome movie and probably the only horror movie I actually enjoyed. I'd say it's one of my favorite films of all time.

The Exorcist

Shockwave

What Started in the Bar needs to be it's own Thread...

I Know that it's Considered one of, if not the Scariest Film of all Time...

So, what's your Story about it?

I was 8 when I First Watched it... Cable... About 2 in the AM... Solo.

No Film since has even come Close to it and it Continues to be Disturbing 35+ years later.

We had the Book on our Shelf when I was a Kid and I was Afraid to Touch it... It had a Cover that had the Ghostly Face on it... After seeing the Film, I Figured the Book was like a Ouija Board...

Anyway... Tis the Season.

peace...

My story, I went with four friends, 3 female, one male, in my '72 Chevy Van. We parked on Bay St. (near Fisherman's Warf, in SF) and took turns waiting in line for tickets. When we got tickets, it was for the mindnight show (we thought we'd get to see the 8:00 pm show).
We had three hours to kill. We listened to some tunes on my AM radio, and passed around a joint or two. About 10 the munchies set in and I went to the phone booth and ordered a pizza for delivery. They actually agreed to deliver to my van.
About 11:30 we got in line for our seats and saw the movie. I'd read the book before, and most of us knew the story. Seeing it stoned made all the difference. The one problem was a young women in our row wasn't prepared, and when the puke green showed up on the screen, she puked too. Other than that, it was a great time.

Yeah... Jaws Sucked.

Bored the Hell out of me when I was a Kid... But I don't Live by the Ocean.

peace...

Jaws gave me the shivers, I use to swim in the ocean as a child and we had baby tiger sharks that would come up to the beach sometimes, little tiny buggers but still hurt when they bite and look big to a small kid. :razz:

I Thought so... ;)

I was Schooled Catholic from 1st to 5th...

peace...

Forum List

Back