The Exorcist Thread...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
The Exorcist

Shockwave

What Started in the Bar needs to be it's own Thread...

I Know that it's Considered one of, if not the Scariest Film of all Time...

So, what's your Story about it?

I was 8 when I First Watched it... Cable... About 2 in the AM... Solo.

No Film since has even come Close to it and it Continues to be Disturbing 35+ years later.

We had the Book on our Shelf when I was a Kid and I was Afraid to Touch it... It had a Cover that had the Ghostly Face on it... After seeing the Film, I Figured the Book was like a Ouija Board...

Anyway... Tis the Season.

:)

peace...

I took my high school g/f to see this one. The theatre was packed. You could just smell the fear.
I got home, parked the car in the garage, and slept on the floor downstairs. This movie fucked with my head for years.

Why you do this to me Dimmy?

{{{ shiver }}}

I don't remember how old I was, or where I was for that matter, when I first saw the movie. All I know is it terrified me and still does to this day.

When the re-cut version hit the theaters ( with deleted scenes put back in ) I went to see it with a couple of friends of mine. One particular scene that haunts me to this day, is when Regan is coming down the stairs backwards on her fingers and toes. ( okay, starting to get goosebumps now ) I remember screaming out in the theater. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! :ack-1:

Let me try and link it.
IMDb Video: The Exorcist

I'll admit, sometimes when I look at my own set of stairs in my house, especially at night, I scare myself thinking I'm going to see one of my kids coming down my stairs like she did.
I should really stop watching horror movies.

Demon: I'm not Regan.
Father Damien Karras: Well, then let's introduce ourselves. I'm Damien Karras.
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Father Damien Karras: If you're the Devil, why not make the straps disappear?
Demon: That's much too vulgar a display of power, Karras.

Didn't even make me flinch when I first saw it ....

... and I was nine I think. ;)

I'm not Sure if I should be Impressed by that...

Tough Childhood?... :(

peace...

Nope, read the Amityville Horror when I was younger ... nothing has scared me since ... but that book still scares the shit out of me. :lol: As I closed the book, just having finished it at midnight, one of our cats knocked a pot off the counter and I almost had a heart attack ... but I felt so alive at that moment because of the scare ... it was just awesome. Since then I've been a fear junky, looking for that same high.

The Exorcist

Shockwave

What Started in the Bar needs to be it's own Thread...

I Know that it's Considered one of, if not the Scariest Film of all Time...

So, what's your Story about it?

I was 8 when I First Watched it... Cable... About 2 in the AM... Solo.

No Film since has even come Close to it and it Continues to be Disturbing 35+ years later.

We had the Book on our Shelf when I was a Kid and I was Afraid to Touch it... It had a Cover that had the Ghostly Face on it... After seeing the Film, I Figured the Book was like a Ouija Board...

Anyway... Tis the Season.

peace...

So did we! I couldn't even bring myself to look at the cover!

Didn't even make me flinch when I first saw it ....

... and I was nine I think. ;)

peace...

Nope, read the Amityville Horror when I was younger ... nothing has scared me since ... but that book still scares the shit out of me. :lol: As I closed the book, just having finished it at midnight, one of our cats knocked a pot off the counter and I almost had a heart attack ... but I felt so alive at that moment because of the scare ... it was just awesome. Since then I've been a fear junky, looking for that same high.

Yeah!
I read that book and it was truly terrifying. I loved every word of it. ( nervous lol )
I also read a lot of Stephen King books when I was younger. Pet Cemetary and Salem's Lot comes to mind. One sound ... just one would have me paralyzed!

peace...

Yeah!
I read that book and it was truly terrifying. I loved every word of it. ( nervous lol )
I also read a lot of Stephen King books when I was younger. Pet Cemetary and Salem's Lot comes to mind. One sound ... just one would have me paralyzed!

Stephen King never scared me, not once. Try Lovecraft, now his works are freaky ... mostly a dark and masked fear, though many of his works are dated they still drive your mind into shadows that make you nervous. Hint: Stephen King ripped off a lot of Lovecraft. ;)

Yeah!

Stephen King never scared me, not once. Try Lovecraft, now his works are freaky ... mostly a dark and masked fear, though many of his works are dated they still drive your mind into shadows that make you nervous. Hint: Stephen King ripped off a lot of Lovecraft. ;)

Oh really ...
Well, I'll have to give Lovecraft a read. Thanks!

Yeah!

Amen... I don't get the Stephen King thing at all... Never have.

peace...

I don't like horror at all, and honestly, I don't even like TALKING about the Exorcist.

What I do like though is vampire movies. They don't scare me at all. I wish I had vampire powers... :D

I don't like horror at all, and honestly, I don't even like TALKING about the Exorcist.

What I do like though is vampire movies. They don't scare me at all. I wish I had vampire powers... :D

Wife HATES Vampire Movies... With one Exception...

Lost Boys...

I am OK with them...

Overkill with so Many of this right now.

peace...

I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching it the first time. Second time wasn't much better.

Scary stuff. Ghost stories always scare me more than mass murderer movies anyway. Although I did just watch that one where in the end a guy gets his head placed in a mocrowave that was very gross... Those kind of movies are always depressing because you just know there really are horrible people out there who would kill someone for no particular reason.

Ghosts and dark souls inhabiting your body are harder to deal with probably.

I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching it the first time. Second time wasn't much better.

Scary stuff. Ghost stories always scare me more than mass murderer movies anyway. Although I did just watch that one where in the end a guy gets his head placed in a mocrowave that was very gross... Those kind of movies are always depressing because you just know there really are horrible people out there who would kill someone for no particular reason.

Ghosts and dark souls inhabiting your body are harder to deal with probably.

Which movie was that?...

As for Horror, my Modern Favorite is Zombie...

Devil's Rejects is an American Classic.

peace...

I saw it when I was 10 and would have to avoid walking by my mom's room when I was home alone or I'd see that demon sitting up in her bed.:eek: It's the only movie that ever got to me and still does. I have to scroll by all your posts really fast to get the avatar off the screen.:lol:

A buddy and I worked the night shift in a factory where I operated a huge antique press. It was about 3am and I was going through the motions, half asleep when he sneaks up behind me and yells "FUCK ME". I about had a heart attack.

Forum List

Back