The Exodus: did it happen?

Part of the problem with some faith believers on the far right, whether Christian or Jewish or Muslim, results from the fact that they confuse faith with certitude rather than commitment.

One, two, lots, many.

I believe "the Exodus" happened, just not in size and scope of the inerrant Biblical story.

Did you ever notice the similarities between the exodus story and the life of Akhenaten?

no

Akhenaten tried to establish monotheism and shift his culture from Egypt's traditional religion, but the shifts were not widely accepted. After his death, his monuments were dismantled and hidden, his statues were destroyed, and his name excluded from the king lists.

Maybe he didn't die but was run out of town with all of his followers. They just erased all references to and memories of him as if he never existed, Damnatio memoriae, just like in the story of Moses.

Even the story of the creation of Adam, penned by Moses, where God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, reflects Akhenaten's beliefs about receiving the ankh (the breath of life) from Aten (God).

Even the dispute with the talking serpent in eden reflects conflict with a pharaoh who happened to wear a serpent on his headdress.

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

Last edited:
One, two, lots, many.

I believe "the Exodus" happened, just not in size and scope of the inerrant Biblical story.

Did you ever notice the similarities between the exodus story and the life of Akhenaten?

no

Akhenaten tried to establish monotheism and shift his culture from Egypt's traditional religion, but the shifts were not widely accepted. After his death, his monuments were dismantled and hidden, his statues were destroyed, and his name excluded from the king lists.

Maybe he didn't die but was run out of town with all of his followers. They just erased all references to and memories of him as if he never existed, Damnatio memoriae, just like in the story of Moses.

Even the story of the creation of Adam, penned by Moses, where God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, reflects Akhenaten's beliefs about receiving the ankh (the breath of life) from Aten (God).

Even the dispute with the talking serpent in eden reflects conflict with a pharaoh who happened to wear a serpent on his headdress.

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

you seem to IMAGINE---that you have information ---NEW to me. You don't. As far as your SOPHIST ATTEMPTS to juxtapose trivial issues about AKHENATEN ----and unrelated imagery in the bible----your attempt
is pathetic. Why not make an issue of the fact
that MOSES and AKHENATEN had, COINCIDENTALLY-----two ears each. BTW ---the ATEN was the SUN-GOD-----the sun being the "GOD"

One, two, lots, many.

no

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

you seem to IMAGINE---that you have information ---NEW to me. You don't. As far as your SOPHIST ATTEMPTS to juxtapose trivial issues about AKHENATEN ----and unrelated imagery in the bible----your attempt
that MOSES and AKHENATEN had, COINCIDENTALLY-----two ears each. BTW ---the ATEN was the SUN-GOD-----the sun being the "GOD"

Go and read the story of the creation of Adam attributed to Moses.

It clearly reflects Akhenaten's beliefs about receiving the ankh (the breath of life) into his nostrils from the Aten, the one and only true God.

The imagery is directly related. Didn't Moses come out of egypt and his memory was deliberately erased according to your own traditions? Isn't the story of Akhenaten the only historical record that fits the time period and closely parallels the story of Moses??

Last edited:
One, two, lots, many.

no

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

It clearly reflects Akhenaten's beliefs about receiving the ankh (the breath of life) into his nostrils from the Aten, the one and only true God.

I read it. I also read LOTS of other ancient texts. As a five year old I used to suck my
thumb. Freud described the NUMBER THREE-----as representing, SYMBOLICALLY,
the male genitalia, as a child, I read the story
about the THREE LITTLE PIGS, Thumb sucking whilst reading fairy tales afforded me
a sense of ease.

no

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

I read it. I also read LOTS of other ancient texts. As a five year old I used to suck my
about the THREE LITTLE PIGS, Thumb sucking whilst reading fairy tales afforded me
a sense of ease.
Thanks a lot Rosie... How am I not supposed to make a perverted joke out of that? lol

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

a sense of ease.
Thanks Rosie... How am I not supposed to make a perverted joke out of that? lol

do not hesitate-----

King-Tut-Facts.jpg

a sense of ease.

do not hesitate-----
lol... hesitate? Dang Rosie., I already did. Did it go over your head?

Don't you have ears that hear?

a sense of ease.

do not hesitate-----
lol... hesitate? Dang Rosie., I already did. Did it go over your head?

Don't you have ears that hear?

of course it went.......in one eyeball and out the other (I have two eyeballs)

Picaro, it's a book review. Have you ever read one?

More importantly, why do you think 600,000 men and upwards of 2,000,000 women and children comprised the Exodus when there simply is no literary or archaeological evidences to support claim?

I believe in the Jesus of the Bible, Doc1. I wish you did.
So where did the Jesus is the manna from heaven originate

1. Jesus Is the Manna, the Creator of Life - FaithGatewayJesus wants us to understand that He is the Creator and the Sustainer of life. Stever Farrar shares about how Jesus is our manna, our constant provider.

2. What was manna? - GotQuestions.org
    www.gotquestions.org/what-was-manna.html
    Question: "What was manna?" ... Far more important than manna’s physical qualities is what mannaforeshadowed. Manna is a type, or foreshadowing, of Jesus.

3. Jesus and the sign of the ‘hidden manna’ - The Michigan Catholic
    www.themichigancatholic.org/2016/04/jesus-sign-hidden-manna
    Jesus and the sign of the ‘hidden manna ... that the Messiah shall then begin to be ... The Michigan Catholic was awarded first place in 2016 by the Catholic ...

Forum List

Back