The evolution of spirituality and religion...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Goddess_Ashtara, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Goddess_Ashtara

Goddess_Ashtara Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,634

Some people believe that Islam "stole" teachings from Christianity, or that Christianity "stole" from Judaism. Some believe Thelema "stole" from The Golden Dawn and the OTO, and that the Golden Dawn "stole" from the Jewish Kabbalah. Some even believe Abrahamism "stole" from Zoroastrianism, ancient Egyptian religions, and/ or ancient Mesopotamian religions.

What are your thoughts on this?

I would not say Islam "stole" scripture from the Christians, and I would not say Christianity "stole" scripture from Judaism. Tis all Abrahamism. Let the various factions all believe and teach what they want regarding Abrahamic mythology, be they Christian or Muslim or Jew, or even Pagan like myself ^_^

When someone seeks to expand upon Abrahamism and evolve it and make it more relevant to themselves and others and the culture around them, as Mohammad did, I would not say they "stole" from it, rather, that the beautiful tree of Abraham has grown yet another branch.

So Mohammad "stole" nothing. Crowley did not "steal" from the Golden Dawn or Ordo Templi Orientis when he created Thelema. He embraced what he experienced... respected it... and incorporated things about it into a spiritual/ religious system that evolved through him. The Golden Dawn did not "steal" from the Jewish Kabbalah. They embraced it, respected it, and incorporated things about it into a spiritual/ religious system that evolved through them.

Mohammad did not steal from the Bible. He embraced it, respected it, and incorporated things about it into a spiritual/ religious system that evolved through him.

And what of Judaism? What inspired Judaism and kicked off this entire epic movement of Abrahamism? Whatever the case, there is absolutely nothing "wrong" with it. Whether they were inspired by the mysterious ancient pagan religions before them, or the forces Above descended from the sky, or both... my point remains the same. As humans grow and evolve, so will our religions. Let us be open to this and let there be less hatred and discrimination between the many beautiful spiritual/ religious systems of Man.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +37,002
    I don't regard it as theft ("stealing") but more at co-optation. Marketing strategies as old as the hills -- you observe what's already working and go "hey, we do that!"

You see statues everywhere of the Goddess? Invent Mary and give 'em a new coat of paint. You see a holy-day where the curtain between the living and the dead goes thin? Invent "All Saints Day". You see fertility rites going on in Spring? Invent a "St. Valentine". It's a lazy way of leeching on to the established in order to grab what is after all the ultimate goal of organized religion, which is control.

Just marketing manipulation, that's all it is.

3. Taz

Taz VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Mohammed married a 9 year old girl. Civilized people call that child rape. Anything he says after that is total bullshit from a pedophile. Don't you agree?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,835
    They married young in those days, and did you know Benjamin from the book of Jasher, married at the age of 10, imagine how young his wife was.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Taz

Taz VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    That's it, defend a pedophile, that's pretty cold, beotch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,835
    That was not considered pedophilia back then and its no different than the jews. Want to call them pedophiles too?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Taz

Taz VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You're trying to say that Mohammed didn't know that what he was doing was wrong? Ya sure, now go kiss another carpet.

8. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +37,002
    I notice Tass tends to dig himself into a hole in his first post and then go "I'm not coming out".

Let him stay there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,145
    What about the folklore they stole from things that were not Abrahamic? Like Glycon? :)

10. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,835
    No more than Benjamin I guess.