The evolution of a skeptic

Just how far do we go with skepticism? No mention of any organized religion at all here on this thread. Religion is the ultimate belief in the paranormal. We respect religion and the people connected to it. We give them tax breaks. How far apart is belief in UFO's , Sasquatch or ghosts from transubstantiation, resurrection or divine will?

Back in the 70s, a movie came out called "The Chariots of the Gods". as a young man I watched this movie and was mesmerized. It all made sense to me. The pyramids, the Easter Island Statues, the Nasca Lines, the Miracles of Christ, it was Aliens. I even expounded on the theory and believed that Aliens impregnated Mary artificailly (The Virgin Birth) and Jesus was the spawn of an Alien Race and that was how he could perform his miracles.

I believed this for about 5 years.

The one day when I was stationed in Charleston, South Carolina and a completely broke newly married sailor, i had nothing to do on a saturday and was watching PBS, when a special came on that showed a group of scientists, going over all of the claims in the movie and showed how they were complete non-sense. What struck me was how simple then answers were to many of the questions asked by the movie.

I vowed never to be fooled like that again. That vow has served me well in life and it is not very hard to find explanations to many of the so-called mysteries claimed by people.

I don't believe in Alien Visitation or abduction, I don't believe in ESP of any kind, not sasquatch, not the Yeti, or ghosts, or demons. I won't be fooled again.

A number of Apollo astronauts and defense minister willing to testify under oath claim there is unequivocal evidence of on going alien contact..not many people really seems to care though

Unicorn Psychology

Skepticism is natural and vital for any discussions about the enigmatic or cryptic.

I study the connections between culture and divination, and I'm fascinated by how modern consumerism culture catalyzes the profitable marketing of goods represented and re-presented by fantasy avatars. For example, the breakfast cereal Lucky Charms features as its advertising mascot a colorful Leprechaun (the Irish folklore imp who hides sacred pots of gold at the end of rainbows and grants wishes to anyone who can catch it). Why is Lucky Charms so popular?

Crypto-zoologists investigate the verifiability of the existence of various mysterious, fantastic, and uncategorized creatures such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Do evolutionary biologists overlook the possible species variegation that gives rise to deviant strains of terrain adapted creatures such as mermaids (a half-human, half-fish aquatic creature) and unicorns (a horse with a defensive spiral-shaped horn on its forehead)?

I'm interested in why unicorns are so popular among young people. Unicorns are featured in various youth-targeted animated stories about fantastic adventures.

I can't say for sure if ghosts are real or whether they represent human perspectives on the fascination with the mysteries of death and the eternal feeling of consciousness and imagination.

However, I can say that the self-evaluation of any skeptic could include an inquiry into the logistical features of fantastic-creature invention. Why do people want to believe in unicorns?

:arrow:

Unicorn - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

unicorn.jpg

Everyone has a soul, and there are those who's soul still inhabits the space around us after they die, and yes, they're commonly referred to as ghosts, and yes, they do exist. There's overwhelming proof of it. You can poo-poo it and ridicule it as you see fit, but the indisputable proof will remain.

Aliens from outer space, I think we'd be incredibly ignorant to think we are alone in the universe.

Sorry i'm replying this late. The new format signaled me that someone replied. The old format didn't.

If you believe in a soul, then you are getting that from christian beliefs. Where in your beliefs does it talk about the soul sticking around instead of going to God?

There is ABSOLUTELY no proof of ghosts. What you call proof is either a hoax or some natural phenomena.

Back in the 70s, a movie came out called "The Chariots of the Gods". as a young man I watched this movie and was mesmerized. It all made sense to me. The pyramids, the Easter Island Statues, the Nasca Lines, the Miracles of Christ, it was Aliens. I even expounded on the theory and believed that Aliens impregnated Mary artificailly (The Virgin Birth) and Jesus was the spawn of an Alien Race and that was how he could perform his miracles.

The one day when I was stationed in Charleston, South Carolina and a completely broke newly married sailor, i had nothing to do on a saturday and was watching PBS, when a special came on that showed a group of scientists, going over all of the claims in the movie and showed how they were complete non-sense. What struck me was how simple then answers were to many of the questions asked by the movie.

I vowed never to be fooled like that again. That vow has served me well in life and it is not very hard to find explanations to many of the so-called mysteries claimed by people.

I don't believe in Alien Visitation or abduction, I don't believe in ESP of any kind, not sasquatch, not the Yeti, or ghosts, or demons. I won't be fooled again.

A number of Apollo astronauts and defense minister willing to testify under oath claim there is unequivocal evidence of on going alien contact..not many people really seems to care though

You would have to show me that. I know that many astronauts and pilots have seen UFOs, but those are not aliens. There's a huge difference. Reporting a UFO sighting isn't proof of alien visitation.

Unicorn Psychology

Skepticism is natural and vital for any discussions about the enigmatic or cryptic.

I study the connections between culture and divination, and I'm fascinated by how modern consumerism culture catalyzes the profitable marketing of goods represented and re-presented by fantasy avatars. For example, the breakfast cereal Lucky Charms features as its advertising mascot a colorful Leprechaun (the Irish folklore imp who hides sacred pots of gold at the end of rainbows and grants wishes to anyone who can catch it). Why is Lucky Charms so popular?

Crypto-zoologists investigate the verifiability of the existence of various mysterious, fantastic, and uncategorized creatures such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Do evolutionary biologists overlook the possible species variegation that gives rise to deviant strains of terrain adapted creatures such as mermaids (a half-human, half-fish aquatic creature) and unicorns (a horse with a defensive spiral-shaped horn on its forehead)?

I'm interested in why unicorns are so popular among young people. Unicorns are featured in various youth-targeted animated stories about fantastic adventures.

I can't say for sure if ghosts are real or whether they represent human perspectives on the fascination with the mysteries of death and the eternal feeling of consciousness and imagination.

However, I can say that the self-evaluation of any skeptic could include an inquiry into the logistical features of fantastic-creature invention. Why do people want to believe in unicorns?

:arrow:

Unicorn - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

View attachment 33371

I would probably have more respect for Crypto-Biologists, if they actually came out once in a while and said: "Yeah we looked into this sasquatch guy and after a thorough investigation we concluded that it's bogus."

Just how far do we go with skepticism? No mention of any organized religion at all here on this thread. Religion is the ultimate belief in the paranormal. We respect religion and the people connected to it. We give them tax breaks. How far apart is belief in UFO's , Sasquatch or ghosts from transubstantiation, resurrection or divine will?

That is for each person to decide. I personally believe in God, I just am skeptical that any of the organized religions have a monopoly on who he is and what he wants. I have no proof that God exists and will not waste time trying to convince someone who is trying to challenge me on my belief. All of their points are correct. I still believe though.

No lie. In 1975, a relative of mine saw "Bigfoot" in rural Washington State.

The Ancient Alien meme is disinformation to keep people from asking about the highly advanced human civilization before the Flood. That there were people capable of quarrying, cutting, shaping and transporting stone of 1,000 tons is proven beyond any doubt.

Who were they?

Gigantopithecus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

comp.jpg

In other words, you went from an affirmative error to a negative error. You make me think of a Nazi Party member joining the Communist Party in East Germany after World War II.

In other words, you went from an affirmative error to a negative error. You make me think of a Nazi Party member joining the Communist Party in East Germany after World War II.

How exactly did you escape from the assylum?

Forum List

Back