Atheist Nonsense (But I repeat myself)

1. "Atheism is growing!" See there. More and more smart and rational people are joining our side.
This nonsense neglects the fact that Christianity is THE largest group of humans on earth. Atheists don't want to admit that because it detracts from their argument of how wonderful it is that their numbers are growing. This nonsense also neglects the fact that atheist families rank lower in retaining their beliefs than virtually any other religion, (30%) according to a Pew Survey.
View attachment 338640

2. "Who made God, huh, huh, huh!"

"If someone made God, then He wouldn't be God, would He?" - Professor John Lennox, of Oxford University

3. "We're smarter than you fundies, we're more rational, and more scientific."

This is the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority, while PRESUMING to be authorities which atheists clearly are not.
Many people don’t realize that science basically involves assumptions and faith. Wonderful things in both science and religion come from our efforts based on observations, thoughtful assumptions, faith and logic. (With the findings of modern physics, it) seems extremely unlikely (that the existence of life and humanity are ) just accidental.” – Charles Townes, Nobel Laureate and Professor of Physics at UC Berkeley
“It seems to me that when confronted with the marvels of life and the universe, one must ask why and not just how. The only possible answers are religious…. I find a need for God in the universe and in my own life.” - Arthur L. Schawlow, Professor of Physics at Stanford University, winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, believes that new scientific discoveries provide compelling evidence for a personal God.
“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.” ― Max Planck

"Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God." - James Tour, Professor of Biochemistry, Rice University
There is a kind of religion in science; it is the religion of a person who believes there is order and harmony in the Universe…This religious faith of the scientist is violated by the discovery that the world had a beginning under conditions in which the known laws of physics are not valid, and as a product of forces or circumstances we cannot discover. When that happens, the scientist has lost control. If he really examined the implications, he would be traumatized. - Robert Jastrow
For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been waiting there for centuries. - Robert Jastrow

It’s not as the fundies describe it.

30]

United States

Christianity is the largest religion in the United States. In 2016, Christians represented 73.7% of the total population.[31] In 2019, Christians represented 65% of the total population, while those who identified as "no religion" or "unaffiliated" rose to 26% of the total population.[32] Nationwide Catholic membership increased between 2000 and 2017, but the number of churches declined by nearly 11%. The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) lost about 30% of its congregation and closed 12.5% of its churches: the United Methodist church lost 16.7% of its congregation and 10.2% of its churches. The Presbyterian Church has had the sharpest decline in church membership: between 2000 and 2015 they lost over 40% of their congregation and 15.4% of their churches.[33] Infant baptism has also decreased; nationwide, Catholic baptisms are down by nearly 34%, and ELCA baptisms by over 40%.[33]

The facts are; “your side” includes antagonistic sects and subdivisions often at odds with one another.

Might I suggest your silly “quotes” were dumped intro the wrong thread?

The Insuperable Statistics of Life - Scientific Proof of Nature's God

Intelligent design has been viciously attacked, not so much for its claim that design can be detected, and not so much for the mathematical methods it uses, but because it trumps the belief system of those who consider themselves to be our ruling intellectual elite. It trumps Scientism. – Counting to God, A Personal Journey Through Science to Belief, by Douglas Ell, p 50

Dembski suggests a lower bound, a “universal probability limit,” of 1 in 10 to the 150. He gets that by taking the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in the visible universe (10 to the 80), multiplying it by the number of seconds since the creation of the universe (about 4 times 10 to the 17), and multiplying by 10 to the 43 units of “Planck time” in each second. (Planck time is theoretically the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.) – p 52

----------------------

Now consider the universal probability limit of 1 in 10 the 150th power in comparison to any naturalistic synthesis of a modest human protein of just 300 amino acid residues in length.

1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20... 300 times is 1 chance in 20 to the 300th power, which is equal to 1 chance in 10 to the 390th power.

Titin is a protein in the muscles of everyone reading this. Titin is 34,350 amino acid residues in length. Please do the math. There are at least 5,000 different proteins in your body. Do the math. 1 chance in 10 to the 150th is statistically equivalent to 0.
Wow.
I knew you were messed up.

An engineer creationist ?
That's like being an airline pilot with a fear of heights.

Last edited:
The Insuperable Statistics of Life - Scientific Proof of Nature's God

Intelligent design has been viciously attacked, not so much for its claim that design can be detected, and not so much for the mathematical methods it uses, but because it trumps the belief system of those who consider themselves to be our ruling intellectual elite. It trumps Scientism. – Counting to God, A Personal Journey Through Science to Belief, by Douglas Ell, p 50

Dembski suggests a lower bound, a “universal probability limit,” of 1 in 10 to the 150. He gets that by taking the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in the visible universe (10 to the 80), multiplying it by the number of seconds since the creation of the universe (about 4 times 10 to the 17), and multiplying by 10 to the 43 units of “Planck time” in each second. (Planck time is theoretically the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.) – p 52

----------------------

Now consider the universal probability limit of 1 in 10 the 150th power in comparison to any naturalistic synthesis of a modest human protein of just 300 amino acid residues in length.

1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20... 300 times is 1 chance in 20 to the 300th power, which is equal to 1 chance in 10 to the 390th power.

Titin is a protein in the muscles of everyone reading this. Titin is 34,350 amino acid residues in length. Please do the math. There are at least 5,000 different proteins in your body. Do the math. 1 chance in 10 to the 150th is statistically equivalent to 0.
Wow.

Aside from his claimed Chem engineer persona, he also spends time commanding the French forces at Waterloo.

Wow.

I'm also a licensed pilot, Angelo. If only I were as brilliant and successful as you are. If only.
Now please wax intellectual and give everyone a lecture on abiogenesis, as you believe it took place.
I can't wait to learn from you Angelo. Really.

Wow.

I'm also a licensed pilot, Angelo. If only I were as brilliant and successful as you are. If only.
Now please wax intellectual and give everyone a lecture on abiogenesis, as you believe it took place.

Still waiting on your abiogenesis lecture, Angelo. It's gotta be good as intellectual as you are.....

Wow.

Still waiting on your abiogenesis lecture, Angelo. It's gotta be good as intellectual as you are.....
I don't care if you're a licensed NBA massage therapist.
And I don't lecture people.

Wow.

Are you expecting proof, evidence, or just possible theories? The first two are most likely lost forever, the latter are available in abundance.

Forum List

Back