The Insuperable Statistics of Life - Scientific Proof of Nature's God

Intelligent design has been viciously attacked, not so much for its claim that design can be detected, and not so much for the mathematical methods it uses, but because it trumps the belief system of those who consider themselves to be our ruling intellectual elite. It trumps Scientism. – Counting to God, A Personal Journey Through Science to Belief, by Douglas Ell, p 50

Dembski suggests a lower bound, a “universal probability limit,” of 1 in 10 to the 150. He gets that by taking the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in the visible universe (10 to the 80), multiplying it by the number of seconds since the creation of the universe (about 4 times 10 to the 17), and multiplying by 10 to the 43 units of “Planck time” in each second. (Planck time is theoretically the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.) – p 52

----------------------

Now consider the universal probability limit of 1 in 10 the 150th power in comparison to any naturalistic synthesis of a modest human protein of just 300 amino acid residues in length.

1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20... 300 times is 1 chance in 20 to the 300th power, which is equal to 1 chance in 10 to the 390th power.

Titin is a protein in the muscles of everyone reading this. Titin is 34,350 amino acid residues in length. Please do the math. There are at least 5,000 different proteins in your body. Do the math. 1 chance in 10 to the 150th is statistically equivalent to 0.
Science is based on Theory until it is PROVEN factual. We keep seeing the dinosaur evolve from a slow moving reptile to a faster sauropod. Until we can figure out how to travel back in time, we will always have a theory of evolution, no facts.

no human alive or dead has ever seen a dino evolve into anything,,,to say they did makes you a liar,,,
No shit Sherlock, "heres your sign", I said that back in the day of the NYC worlds fair, that I attended, the dinosaur was considered a slow moving reptile with cold blood. Today they are considered fast, warm blooded and even have feathers on them with no relation to a slow moving reptile but raptors. But you who was probably educated in the public education(indoctrination) system, just couldn't understand that I said the same thing in the above post.

Good point, but why are there so few intermediate species in the fossil record? Could it be that external events, such as bursts of solar radiation, caused mass genetic mutations? I think that the mere passage of time ("millions of years") is a poor excuse for entirely new species to arise.
Every creature that ever lived is 'intermediate' between its' parents and offspring.

This is what drives me crazy when trying to discuss evolution with its true believers. When asked a question they can't answer, they resort to inane generalities. Contrary to your response, my children and grandchildren are the same species.

Life spontaneously forming from inanimate matter is not technically evolution in the biological sense of the word. As there is no natural selection involved whatsoever.

However it is evolution in the general sense of the word. Such as anything which moves from a less advanced state to a more advanced state.

Good point, but why are there so few intermediate species in the fossil record? Could it be that external events, such as bursts of solar radiation, caused mass genetic mutations? I think that the mere passage of time ("millions of years") is a poor excuse for entirely new species to arise.
Every creature that ever lived is 'intermediate' between its' parents and offspring.

This is what drives me crazy when trying to discuss evolution with its true believers. When asked a question they can't answer, they resort to inane generalities. Contrary to your response, my children and grandchildren are the same species.
What drives me crazy when trying to discuss evolution with its opponents is that they resort to vague terms that they won't or can't define. What is an intermediate species? What are its' characteristics? What are some examples?

Well the first liberal Democrat was found around 10,000 years ago.

000-1215070925-Head-Ass-Skeleton.jpg

The Hawthorns (Crataegus spp.) provides an example of intermediate species ... species growing close to each other have only small differences, but the further away one gets the more differences there are ... the Oaks (Quercus spp.) also show this gradual change as one moves along, and it's said one need only look at the local oak tree to tell where they are ... human gut fauna seems to be specific to the individual, poop transplants take some time to adjust and adapt before the recipient gains the expected benefit ...

There are some taxons that show this spectral nature of diversity, each species is very close to some other species but then quite different from more distant species ... and this is more common in the microorganisms ...

The Insuperable Statistics of Life - Scientific Proof of Nature's God

Intelligent design has been viciously attacked, not so much for its claim that design can be detected, and not so much for the mathematical methods it uses, but because it trumps the belief system of those who consider themselves to be our ruling intellectual elite. It trumps Scientism. – Counting to God, A Personal Journey Through Science to Belief, by Douglas Ell, p 50

Dembski suggests a lower bound, a “universal probability limit,” of 1 in 10 to the 150. He gets that by taking the number of protons, neutrons and electrons in the visible universe (10 to the 80), multiplying it by the number of seconds since the creation of the universe (about 4 times 10 to the 17), and multiplying by 10 to the 43 units of “Planck time” in each second. (Planck time is theoretically the smallest time measurement that will ever be possible.) – p 52

----------------------

Now consider the universal probability limit of 1 in 10 the 150th power in comparison to any naturalistic synthesis of a modest human protein of just 300 amino acid residues in length.

1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20... 300 times is 1 chance in 20 to the 300th power, which is equal to 1 chance in 10 to the 390th power.

Titin is a protein in the muscles of everyone reading this. Titin is 34,350 amino acid residues in length. Please do the math. There are at least 5,000 different proteins in your body. Do the math. 1 chance in 10 to the 150th is statistically equivalent to 0.
@moderators

Please move this thread to the conspiracy section or the religious section, where it belongs.

Contrary to your response, my children and grandchildren are the same species.
jwoodie

And yet slightly genetically different, and his statement is accurate. Every offspring ever was the same species as its parents. These are slight differences that accumulate over time. If you don't understand this, you shouldn't even be commenting on the topic of evolution.

Last edited:
No one really knows where we came from, or how we got here.
Everyone who is paying attention knows, going back to single celled creatures, anyway. So it would be more accurate for us to say we don't know how single celled creatures got here, or where they came from.

But we do have a name for the process: abiogenesis.

Last edited:
As usual, its most strident advocates confuse evolution with adaptation. The former is a tidy theory with no direct evidence to back it up, whereas the latter is easily observable and replicated.
As usual, its most strident opponents endeavor to separate evolution from adaptation. Evolution is the result of adaptation. Evolution is a theory with (literally) mountains of direct evidence, gathered over centuries, to back it up. Its opponents are usually either too ignorant, too blinded by religion, or too lazy to evaluate the evidence for themselves and so depend on the word of others who are likewise either too ignorant, too blinded by religion, or too lazy to evaluate the evidence for themselves.
Part of the issue here is how "evolution" is taught and addressed specifically towards students. The word itself is used much too broadly instead of how it was intended, "descent with modification." Most don't even try to teach evolution it's simply tossed out without any attempt to truly engage the students and this is for a multitude of reasons the primary is a real lack of knowledge among the teachers and the fear of the Pandora's box that could potentially be opened by doing so. That in and of itself is a causative problem and rests squarely on the shoulders of scientists and teachers.
One of the scientist/teacher caused problems is associating evolution with the origin of life. Evolution IS NOT a definition of the origin of life nor can it explain it, they are two completely different subjects so stop equating the two. Evolution also DOES NOT negate the possibility of divine design except to those on both sides who I will call "fundamentalists" for lack of a bettor descriptor.
You wish people to understand evolution? Teach it for what it is not what many wish it to be and be understanding of natural human resistance fed by lack of information, misinformation and wishful thinking on ALL sides.
Richard Dawkins, via his charity, has a program to help teachers learn about and teach evolution.

Okay here goes one more thing. If it was all a random event that proper proteins came together, we would look like a Picasso picture not some organized event where we have almost
Neat! But it was not a random event. Selection is anything but random. So your talking point is bunk.

How do you know they weren't planted there to confuse?
You mean, how do we know it wasn't magic? We don't. Thats the problem with magic...It's a useless idea. Introducing it renders all evidence and causality impossible. It's an inherently absurd idea. One could never find evidence for or against it, and it explains nothing.

And to try to get around that to claim "then just SOMETIMES magic!" is just as absurd, as you are making an only slightly more narrow version of the same claim, while also claiming it just happens to align with your beliefs, fetishes, or superstitons. That's doubly absurd.

Last edited:
Okay here goes one more thing. If it was all a random event that proper proteins came together, we would look like a Picasso picture not some organized event where we have almost
Neat! But it was not a random event. Selection is anything but random. So your talking point is bunk.
Just love when an idiot who thinks men with boobs is a woman, tells me I am wrong...

How do you know they weren't planted there to confuse?
You mean, how do we know it wasnt magic? We don't. Thats the problem with magic...its a useless idea. Introducing it renders all ebidence and causality impossible. It's an inherently absurd idea.
So is letting men with boobs into a little girls room., but you sure do love Satanic ideas...

Forum List

Back